Overcoming Emotional Eating!

Today I had a rough day at work. I've stressed myself out to the point of tears. Usually when this happens, I load myself up on that sweet, sweet comfort food at Sonic.

But on the drive there, I started asking myself what I really wanted. Was I just hungry? Did I just want something to drink? Maybe just a small sweet treat. So I'm driving there with the full intention of getting a small Receese Blast and Mozzarella sticks (My typical stress go-to), but when I parked and looked at the menu, I wasn't so sure.

I only had 300 calories left for the day, so I'd definitely be over if I ordered what I wanted. I ended up just ordering a large water with peach and cherry added to it. It helped with my sweet tooth immensely, and I was so proud for not eating my emotions. Emotional eating is a huge issue I'm trying to get over, but by learning my triggers I hope to overcome it completely one day.
Just had to share a small victory :) thanks for reading!

Replies

• nickdavis888
    nickdavis888 Posts: 21 Member
    The small victories are still victories! Keep up the good work and good mindset!!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Wonderful self-control! I know what an achievement that is. 💕
  • ShayKnicks31
    ShayKnicks31 Posts: 25 Member
    Amazing!! I struggle too and those moment of not submitting to your craving are HUGE hurdles that you jumped! Happy to see this. Thanks for the encouragement sis
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    You did great, thinking through the wanting/craving. Hugs
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I wouldn't call that a small victory at all, that is a HUGE victory! Very inspiring <3
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I am SO freaking proud of you! You inspired me. <3
  • Jomotive
    Jomotive Posts: 16 Member
    Thank you all so much :D I appreciate the support.
  • qkcam
    qkcam Posts: 67 Member
    Congratulations! This is 3 Huge VICTORIES~~! 1. you noticed you were stressed. 2 You were aware of how many calories you had for the day. 3. You may an excellent choice to honor your goals~

A friend told me about Dr. Judith Becks' book called The diet Plan. they might have it at the library . I was able to find free audio books 1 at a free 30 audible trial and one on Hoopla. I listened to The Diet Plan, then I Listened to her book The Diet Trap. I found them both very very helpful for my emotional eating. I am still working on it.. but those books have excellent tools to use . I really recommend them. I just need to do the writing making cards exercises. I found a facebook group that follows her plan too, so there is even extra support.

Keep up the great work!
  • Booksandoceans
    Booksandoceans Posts: 38 Member
    Wow! Nicely done!
  • BlueLily63
    BlueLily63 Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you so much for posting this. I too deal with emotional eating - especially when it comes to my job. We all need our jobs so it’s better to bite my tongue (or food) so I don’t get fired. But I also have to respect and love myself - first and foremost!!!
  • liztheonlylizzie
    liztheonlylizzie Posts: 12 Member
    I'm actually reading Made to Crave right now because I struggle with the same thing. Way to go on making that decision. Its definitely not easy and you should be super proud of yourself!