Feeling motivated to swim more!!!

Went swimming at the weekend (both days) not been for over 4 years because I felt uncomfortable (due to weight gain from depression and having two more babies) .... I really enjoyed it πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ»
So I’m going to start going regularly πŸ’―with all the kids!!!
Anybody else love swimming??

Replies

• daizirose
    daizirose Posts: 27 Member
    I have a pool just need motivation. It's great exercise and makes you sleep good lol.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I lost over 100 lb by swimming 1.5 miles 3 x a week (in addition to walking). Swimming is one of the best total body exercises you can do. It works all the large muscle groups and can be good cardio.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Yes. I love it! I started with a deep water cardio class and then added swimming laps while my youngest was in swim lessons. I've kept it up for almost 5 years :)
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    I love going to the pool! So easy on the joints and such a great workout😊. I feel amazing afterwards!
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    I teach a deep water cardio fitness class and an advanced aquacise class (free weights, resistance bands, balance blocks)! Its been almost 3 years of teaching both 3x week and I still love it!
  • xLollKellyx
    xLollKellyx Posts: 16 Member
    So I’ve persuaded my mum to come with me once a week with my two toddlers for a swim 😊😊😊 and told my older kids that I’m up for going for a swim with them... they were all over the the moon 😊😊😊😊😊
  • MrsTitus2
    MrsTitus2 Posts: 61 Member
    I have a pool at my gym. I love swimming then using a nice coffee scrub in the sauna after to scrub off all the chlorine. Yes! I'm so sluggish and cannot wait to lose weight!
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,080 Member
    I love swimming but don’t think I swim for long enough to get that much of a workout. I do about 15-20 of laps. I go in the evening, sometimes quite late and I sleep like a baby. The sauna helps with that too. This thread has inspired me to go for a swim tonight!
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Swimming is how I started my weight loss - to help with impacts to my joints. Could only do 5 minutes to start - now up to 30-45 min. Swim every day during the summer and fall as long as the water temp is tolerable. Doing other exercise and tracking calories but still swim. Cannot recommend it enough.