Favor to ask from those that suffer with chronic joint/spine/arthritic pain

Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
My friend is doing a project where she will be answering questions of people that live with spine, joint(shoulders,knees etc) and or arthritic pain. Her expertise is functional and effective movement and exercise for those that have pain but still have to live their life and exercise. I thought this might be a good place to ask for questions from people that are actually experiencing it. The question categories are posture, pain, stress, activity posture, and products used for helping chronic pain or posture. Examples of questions we already have are something like the following.

Do shoulder harnesses help or hurt my posture and shoulders?
Should I continue to workout if injured or in pain?
Can my heavy purse/bag be hurting my posture?

Just things like that, I am sure you guys have better questions, so I thought I'd ask.
Any help is very much appreciated!

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Asking to make sure I understand before I answer....

You want people with chronic pain to give you questions that we think would be helpful to ask other people with chronic pain to figure out ways to reduce pain?
  • Grimmerick
    edited June 2019
    Not exactly, more like what questions have crossed your mind about your pain, and what might exacerbate it with things you do in everyday life or products that you might use that could potentially cause more harm than good. Could be something as simple as how you should be sitting in your car, or why you are so stiff and achy when you wake up in the morning. Just things like that, more like questions you might have had cross your mind about your own pain and experiences. Sorry if I was confusing, thanks for any ideas for questions! She will be answering these questions.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I have OA, diagnosed at 24 currently 31, degenerative disk disease, and am currently on the path to a diagnosis for fibromyalgia.

I know why I am stiff and achy when I wake up, but recently my feet hurt really bad when I get out of bed. What's up with that?

How much harm and I doing to my body with the shoes I wear? I feel like i'll be in pain no matter what, so it's probably not hurting me much more by wearing certain shoes, but people over and over again tell me not wearing flip flops/sandals might not just provide some pain relief but could at least slow some of the degeneration from OA. Any insight on this? I did notice a couple weeks ago, I was outside on my feet all day walking around in sandals and by the end of the day my feet were numb, toes purple, and I had shooting pain and tingling from the knees down. If I had worn my walking shoes (Brooks with insoles) could it have prevented it or was all this just from my pain issues and degeneration?
  • Grimmerick
    I have OA, diagnosed at 24 currently 31, degenerative disk disease, and am currently on the path to a diagnosis for fibromyalgia.

I know why I am stiff and achy when I wake up, but recently my feet hurt really bad when I get out of bed. What's up with that?

How much harm and I doing to my body with the shoes I wear? I feel like i'll be in pain no matter what, so it's probably not hurting me much more by wearing certain shoes, but people over and over again tell me not wearing flip flops/sandals might not just provide some pain relief but could at least slow some of the degeneration from OA. Any insight on this? I did notice a couple weeks ago, I was outside on my feet all day walking around in sandals and by the end of the day my feet were numb, toes purple, and I had shooting pain and tingling from the knees down. If I had worn my walking shoes (Brooks with insoles) could it have prevented it or was all this just from my pain issues and degeneration?

perfect, thank you so much for taking the time to do this.