Looking for Friends/Motivational buddies

Hey everyone!
So my circle of friends has really diminished these past couple of years and even then I felt they were more toxic for my weight loss journey and health than helpful. Would love to make some new friends on here with people who have the same mindset and we can motivate and vent to each other. I know how tough and discouraging times can get and I'm always here to listen and help others and it would be nice to have some people who wouldn't mind doing the same.
I'm trying my best to stay committed and have been logging in every day and staying consistent with some challenges on here, but having friends would really help :]

Replies

• melwitthoft
    melwitthoft Posts: 16 Member
    I could also use more supportive friends! I’ll send you a friend request
  • CassieVoiles
    CassieVoiles Posts: 26 Member
    I could use friends too! Definitely need support. Struggling here.
  • nbet2017
    nbet2017 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m new here :))
  • nbet2017
    nbet2017 Posts: 2 Member
    How do you send people friend requests?! Lol I’m so confused!! 🧐😆
  • ebrumbau1
    ebrumbau1 Posts: 1 Member
    I would love some support as well! I have been on and off my fitness pal for years now and have recently been off for far too long. I haven't been paying attention to what I've been eating and it's coming back to bite me. I struggle with consistency and often make excuses for myself. I also often feel like I'm in it alone, so this type of thing might be very helpful for me!
  • Roodlokje
    Roodlokje Posts: 25 Member
    I'm active! Feel free to add me. :smiley:
  • hannahfrey
    hannahfrey Posts: 28 Member
    Hi friend! I’ve added you ☺️
  • MaxInChicago
    MaxInChicago Posts: 59 Member
    I too am looking for friends for mutual support. Feel free to add me.
  • L3_Girl
    L3_Girl Posts: 1 Member
    Same here. I am in the same boat as ebrumbau1. I keep starting and stopping. Not watching what I eat. Plus add in 2 little ones at home - I am a mess and can barely find the time to exercise. I need people to help me and motivate me to keep trying to be the best me that I can be.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    For those referring to motivation and attaching that to having friends who motivate, what happens when those friends leaves? Does your motivation leave with them?

Read this: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818701/the-myth-of-motivation-and-what-you-need-instead/p1
  • tinabambina29
    tinabambina29 Posts: 192 Member
    shaf238 wrote: »
    For those referring to motivation and attaching that to having friends who motivate, what happens when those friends leaves? Does your motivation leave with them?

Read this: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818701/the-myth-of-motivation-and-what-you-need-instead/p1

I think for me it's seeing more people just supporting one another and how far some have come is a motivation. Maybe motivation isn't always the right word and gets overused. Think the word I'm looking for is inspiring.

That's also the struggle I've been facing recently. A lot of my close friends have kind of disappeared on me. I've noticed they only show up when they need something and to me that's not a friend, or even a good person. That's kind of an A**hole. I think it's great how everyone on here is like minded and ultimately a majority of us have the same goal, to get back on that wagon and just be healthy. I would love more than anything to make some new friends and support others because I've been there, I'm STILL there, and losing those close to you really sucks and nothing sucks more than feeling alone. I do have a supportive boyfriend who is amazing and does want me to take care of myself for myself and I'm really grateful for him. I just feel MFP is the only app I've ever really kept and stuck with and even though I start over and over again I'm hoping having even just one person give some encouragement would make some of a difference.
  • Sandyscandy47
    Sandyscandy47 Posts: 58 Member
    Hi, I fell off the wagon after doing so well on Fitness Pal in 2016. I am weighing more than I ever weighed in my entire life. I've logged in one week now, lost 8 lbs. but I need motivation partners to keep on moving on. I need Help. I feel hungry every evening..
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Could absolutely use some friends! I managed to lose 26kg on MFP in 2017 and I've put back 9! I'd love some help is smashing that back down and to support anyone doing the same!
  • kdutts3379
    kdutts3379 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! I’m new fee free to add me! Happy to connect, support, learn, listen, share! Just finished one week here and enjoying the app
  • amandah3493
    amandah3493 Posts: 55 Member
    You can add me!