How to Ensure a Successful Lean Bulk

1235»

Replies

• Randys_Supra
    Randys_Supra Posts: 1 Member
    Out of curiosity how long do you give it before you give up? It does take a while and if you aren’t taking any yet try creatine you want to give it a solid effort of 6weeks or so building muscle takes time protein and creatine will help. From what your saying it seams you don’t have to much trouble dropping weight. Gain the weight train for 6 weeks take a photo when you start because we see ourself everyday it does make it abit harder to notice small changes. You can turn fat into muscle just it takes a lot longer than you expect. I got to 116kg I’m 88 now in a really short time frame I still look like I’m carrying abit of weight but I assure the muscles have grown 4 months of creatine, protein lifting heavy constantly tricking the body as it will always find the efficient way to do things so you mix up training to keep the gains coming. Look up Gravity Transformation on you tube 👍 all the info you need you’ll fine there just may need to dig to find it
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    man the level of bro science in this post is off the hook! So much outdated info.

And the ironic comment of the day belongs to...

Just because you have abs doesn't mean you know how to train. If you did you would have far more muscle mass than in your photo.

You’re basing someone’s training knowledge solely off of a photo?

There are plenty of massive dudes out there who have no idea how to train properly. Great genetics and drugs will make anyone look great. Doesn’t mean they know how to train.

Drugs and genetics alone will not make one look great.

Unless we have significantly different definitions of "great".
  • HookGripDeadlifts
    HookGripDeadlifts Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2019
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    man the level of bro science in this post is off the hook! So much outdated info.

Just because you have abs doesn't mean you know how to train. If you did you would have far more muscle mass than in your photo.

There are plenty of massive dudes out there who have no idea how to train properly. Great genetics and drugs will make anyone look great. Doesn’t mean they know how to train.

I should have mentioned diet as well.

My point is just because someone looks “great” doesn’t mean they know how to train.

Take this study from the New England journal of medicine for example.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101

Those who did no weight training while taking drugs gained almost twice as much muscle as those weight training without drugs during the same period.

Just to emphasize, if you’re on the right kind of drugs you can sit on your couch all day eating pizza and gain more muscle than a natural can who is weightlifting.

So again, those on drugs will see amazing results no matter what workout routine they do. An optimal one or one that’s complete garbage. Which is why when most naturals try doing the same routine as someone on drugs they see almost no results.

Basing someone’s knowledge of training based solely on a photo is quite ignorant.
  • Theoldguy1
    edited June 2019

My point is just because someone looks “great” doesn’t mean they know how to train.

Those who did no weight training while taking drugs gained almost twice as much muscle as those weight training without drugs during the same period.

Just to emphasize, if you’re on the right kind of drugs you can sit on your couch all day eating pizza and gain more muscle than a natural can who is weightlifting.

So again, those on drugs will see amazing results no matter what workout routine they do. An optimal one or one that’s complete garbage. Which is why when most naturals try doing the same routine as someone on drugs they see almost no results.

Basing someone’s knowledge of training based solely on a photo is quite ignorant.

Don't think you are interpreting correctly, read the study again. Fat free body mass is everything in the body except fat (things like water are included in fat free body mass). No where in the article does it say those who did no weight trainng while taking drugs gained almost twice as much muscle mass as those weight training without drugs.

Heck what you're saying is correct, the gyms would be empty, and guys would be walking around jacked without ever touching a weight, just a bunch of needle marks on their butts

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    OP, why don't you spend some money on a decent coach then and work with a professional on this instead of randomly trying to figure it out?

So many people manage to lean bulk with a good coach. And the beauty is, you don't even have to think - you just do what you're told.
  • HookGripDeadlifts
    HookGripDeadlifts Posts: 30 Member

Don't think you are interpreting correctly, read the study again. Fat free body mass is everything in the body except fat (things like water are included in fat free body mass). No where in the article does it say those who did no weight trainng while taking drugs gained almost twice as much muscle mass as those weight training without drugs.

Heck what you're saying is correct, the gyms would be empty, and guys would be walking around jacked without ever touching a weight, just a bunch of needle marks on their butts

In the study if you look under results you’ll see these images.

csqx2anexgn4.jpeg
    k1vt0k3xls9x.jpeg

The amount of growth in the triceps and quads were higher( much higher in the case of the triceps) in the males who were on drugs and not lifting as opposed to those who lifted and were natural.

Now to be fair, when it comes to strength on their one rep max, those who trained natural saw a bigger jump than those who didn’t train and were on drugs. But we also know that we can get better at the bench and squat through better technique even without gaining strength so in this case that would make sense.

Even still, you can see how much strength was gained by using drugs and not lifting compared to those who didn’t lift.

Now if you lift and take drugs this study shows you blow everything else out of the water.

Coming around full circle, just because someone’s big doesn’t mean they know what they are doing. Drugs make such a huge difference that it doesn’t really matter what routine they use. They’ll get results. There are so many Instagram stars who promote all these routines that are full of fluff and will keep all of their followers who follow them tiny. Unless of course they are on drugs too.

• Theoldguy1
    edited June 2019

In the study if you look under results you’ll see these images.

csqx2anexgn4.jpeg
    k1vt0k3xls9x.jpeg

The amount of growth in the triceps and quads were higher( much higher in the case of the triceps) in the males who were on drugs and not lifting as opposed to those who lifted and were natural.

Now to be fair, when it comes to strength on their one rep max, those who trained natural saw a bigger jump than those who didn’t train and were on drugs. But we also know that we can get better at the bench and squat through better technique even without gaining strength so in this case that would make sense.

Even still, you can see how much strength was gained by using drugs and not lifting compared to those who didn’t lift.

Now if you lift and take drugs this study shows you blow everything else out of the water.

Coming around full circle, just because someone’s big doesn’t mean they know what they are doing. Drugs make such a huge difference that it doesn’t really matter what routine they use. They’ll get results. There are so many Instagram stars who promote all these routines that are full of fluff and will keep all of their followers who follow them tiny. Unless of course they are on drugs too.

I agree 100% with the bolded. "Influencers" with no clue are one of the biggest sucks of the internet age.

That being said, the data you posted does not support your assertion that I originally questioned, " Those who did no weight training while taking drugs gained almost twice as much muscle as those weight training without drugs during the same period."

The data you posted shows a gain in lean body mass, which I assume you are confusing with muscle gain.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/128552-fat-body-mass/

From the article:
    Fat-free mass, also known as lean body mass, refers to all of your body components except fat. It includes your body's water, bone, organs and muscle content

If you noticed the trained placebo group gained more strength than the steroids no exercise group which would indicate actual muscle adaptation was taking place, some likely neurological adaptation but most likely some muscle growth also.

A common effect of steroid use is water retention. There is nothing in the article that says those taking drugs and lifting gained twice as much muscle as those training without drugs.
  • THS2HASPASSED
    THS2HASPASSED Posts: 1,055 Member
    4y3ycx19l5sg.jpg

Learn your body and how it responds to food. Eat clean. Do work in the gym and it you will add muscle/lose fat. I have done a few bulks then cuts and this is a 4.5 year transformation. I never had a coach for training as I knew a good bit from my old football training days but I did use a nutritionist for a year in the beginning. Stay focused and quit worrying about putting on too much fat. I used to worry about going back to my old self too and the just derailed my focus on my goals.. good luck!