confused-what else is thee

trying to lose weight --was counting calories and portion size---doctor told me to look into keto but now I am more confused---what else is there ---starting some exercises and walking also--feel light headed and have headaches ---not diabetic---

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Are you asking for suggestions on your weight loss or the headaches?

What is your height and weight? How many calories are you eating? How long have you been dieting and how much weight have you lost so far?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    You need to find a way of eating that you can sustain for a lifetime. For some people its keto, for others its low carb. For most people its eating the foods you love in moderation and watching your calorie intake.

A lot of people have to try different things to find what works for them. Be patient, explore your options, take your time to find the right fit.

As for exercise, I would give the same advice. Find what you love to do, whether its walking, running, biking, weight lifting, boxing--whatever you love.

Good luck!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    You joined MFP last year? Have you been utilizing the meal diary?
  • hugacat55744
    hugacat55744 Posts: 5 Member
    5 ft 1 and having problems getting down to 1410 calories so right so right now it varies and yes I am keeping track on fitness pal--only been on it almost a week ---yes I joined before but now I am back again
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    5 ft 1 and having problems getting down to 1410 calories so right so right now it varies and yes I am keeping track on fitness pal--only been on it almost a week ---yes I joined before but now I am back again

Did MFP give you 1410? what information did you give (how much do you weigh, what activity level did you pick and what rate of loss did you pick)?