I’m not losing actual weight?

Hi I’ve been exercising 5 times a week and drinking a gallon of water everyday for almost 2 months now. I haven’t completely stopped eating what I like or 100% watch what I eat but I do cut back a little . I haven’t lost any weight at all but what’s so weird is that I noticed that my clothes fit so much better than before so I feel like I’ve lost a lot of inches. My stomach looks significantly smaller as well. But I really want to see the weight scale go down ! I’m getting discouraged

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    losing weight comes down to calories in calories out. you need to eat at a calorie deficit. more exercise and more water won't necessarily get you to a calorie deficit.

read link above.

also new or increased exercise can lead to muscles retaining water to repair themselves - this will flush out with time.
  • ReadyForWeightLoss
    ReadyForWeightLoss Posts: 75 Member
    Thank you , it’s time to take accountability on what enters my mouth lol.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 988 Member
    Agree with the others - on this site, we use the app to calculate exactly how many calories we eat per day.
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    I am having the same problem I was losing weight on point every month since October no exercise other than walking and counting steps then I get a gym membership and start working out 3xs a week for 3 weeks and now the scale says I gained 5 lbs I count my calories and yes I go over 1500 calories all the time, I bet this is happening to u also!! it looks like it's either water weight or I am building muscle so I am hoping soon the scale will show diffrent but until then I measured myself and will go back in 2 weeks and see if there is a diffrence, dont give up u will get past this I know its hard cause as soon as I saw the gain I was so pissed I almost walked out of the gym i might of got knocked down but i picked myself up and worked out anyways because i refuse to give up!!! you've got this dont let it get u down!!!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    I am having the same problem I was losing weight on point every month since October no exercise other than walking and counting steps then I get a gym membership and start working out 3xs a week for 3 weeks and now the scale says I gained 5 lbs I count my calories and yes I go over 1500 calories all the time, I bet this is happening to u also!! it looks like it's either water weight or I am building muscle so I am hoping soon the scale will show diffrent but until then I measured myself and will go back in 2 weeks and see if there is a diffrence, dont give up u will get past this I know its hard cause as soon as I saw the gain I was so pissed I almost walked out of the gym i might of got knocked down but i picked myself up and worked out anyways because i refuse to give up!!! you've got this dont let it get u down!!!

when starting new or increasing previous exercise, our muscles will often retain water to repairs themselves. thsi will flush out with time (how long is individual) and is enough to mask loss.

make sure to use a food scale to get proper count of calories in :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    okay..do you hear yourself?.. you see for sure that you're smaller and look better..but you are discouraged because an inanimate object or thing called a scale that sits in the corner of your bedroom or bathroom says you have not.

(slap slap). snap out of it dont' be discouraged - be proud that you're getting fit, toned, and smaller... that stupid scale will eventually reflect a loss.

remember, no one is going to weigh you when you walk into a room. it is how you look that counts. congrats on your loss.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    It's how you FEEL that counts. <3