Need some advice from people

Hi my name is Jess and I am wanting to lose 12 kilos. I was at 75 and now I am 70 my body seems to have fluctuated between that for a while but now it has stopped. I used to be a binge eater chocolate is a huge weakness for me and I have done this for a few years in a row. I must to have very stubborn fat and really want to get it off by the end of the year is it just about the consistency?

Replies

• jessdance1
    jessdance1 Posts: 12 Member
    I have been doing the keto diet for the last 4 months with not much exercise and it has helped to keep the 5 kilos off but I am still struggling to lose the next 12 kilos help please?
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Hi, how are you getting on with the keto regime? I hope it suits you. It can be so hard overcoming problem or comfort foods. I hope you find logging your meals helpful. I'm wondering if you are using the guided set up. Possibly you are set to loose the equivalent of 2 lb a week. when one is closer to your best weight it becomes harder to loose. It is often recommended to change your loss rate to the equivalent of half a pound. Another thought possibly after 4 months a period of "re-feeding", at maintenance may help. Possibly developing your diet into something you may find more sustainable for you in the long term future could be beneficial. You have done well getting this far, the last 5kg can and will happen. Doing what is right for you is essential. All the very best.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Are you using a food scale to weigh all solid food?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    It is extremely important that you not view your fat as stubborn. It is not. Your body will burn it if you are in a calorie deficit. It has no choice because you need energy and if you are not getting enough from your food you will have to use energy reserves from your body.

I once thought the same thing about my own fat and it clouded my judgment and kept me from properly diagnosing my errors.

This!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    jessdance1 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Jess and I am wanting to lose 12 kilos. I was at 75 and now I am 70 my body seems to have fluctuated between that for a while but now it has stopped. I used to be a binge eater chocolate is a huge weakness for me and I have done this for a few years in a row. I must to have very stubborn fat and really want to get it off by the end of the year is it just about the consistency?

Yes. Mostly about consistency, accuracy, persistence. A small deficit below daily calorie expenditure nets to weight loss, long term.