The Maintenance Appreciation Thread

Replies

• Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    Nice job maintainers! It is a great accomplishment and hard work to keep on it.

Hi to my running thread buddies @ddmom0811 and @Orphia and congrats on your losses and maintaining them so well. I'm coming up on 2 years maintaining about a 60 lb loss also.

I agree with the part time job comments - between running, strength training, yoga, and walking - well I wish I got paid for all those hours! But this is what is working for me right now to be strong and fit, and to be able to eat enough where I'm not miserable.

Agreed, @katharmonic

I may not get paid big bucks, but people that are paid big bucks don't have the time to be so happy, fit, and healthy like we are.

They have to pay big bucks for fancy hotels and spas that spread the myth that throwing money at something fixes everything.

Depends on how you define big bucks really. I work full time in a well paid job and I am glad to note that i am happy fit and healthy plus maintaining. I should also add that I am due to go on a 5 week holiday soon.
    yes I have my cake and am eating it too :wink:
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    How are all the fantastic maintainers doing?! Hopefully all is well and good :blush: I had to go through a minor medical procedure in February so I had to take 3 weeks off of exercise and have not watched my portions at all under the excuse that I was in healing mode :wink: I think I gained a couple of pounds (hard to tell with the water retention I’m still experiencing) so I’m committed to do 4 weeks of calorie counting and daily exercise of at least 1 hour (even if it’s just walking) to lose a couple of pounds and tone up a bit. So far so good... 1week down, 3 more to go! 😅
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Love all the kudos here!
  • nooie19
    nooie19 Posts: 153 Member
    Just finished my fifth ninth of maintenance. By maintenance I mean that I have stayed under my goal weight.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,946 Member
    Can whoever flagged my post above let me know why they did that?
  • RunsWithBees
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Can whoever flagged my post above let me know why they did that?

I got one too, I think we have a serial flagger on the loose!
  • RunsWithBees
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    I've been at maintenance since just before the 2018 holidays. I'm thinking about trying Crossfit, and the trainer asked me (on the phone) what my goals are. I said "I'm okay with my weight..." and thought how friggin' magical that is! I am OKAY WITH MY WEIGHT. I don't think I was ever okay with my weight in my first 45 years of life.

I would like to be stronger and have more endurance, but heck yeah, I'm okay with my weight. :)

Congrats!!! It’s a fantastic thing indeed to be able to say you are happy with your weight! :) Good luck with the CrossFit!
  • RunsWithBees
    Bump! And Hello to all of you fabulous maintainers! 😃 😃😃
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    After years of yo-yo...I hit maintenance and stayed there for 16 weeks in 2014...and then fell right off thinking I could just lose it again quickly...roller coaster of up and down.

FF> to end of 2018 and was looking at my 50th Bday coming up in March so my mantra became "Fit at Fifty" and hit maintenance range for my Bday...what a gift.

Maintenance range is +/- 5 from Target goal. As long as I'm in Range, I'm good...yet heading to Target and add a buffer to that...

Feels good to buy clothes in sizes that I can find anywhere....and donated my larger clothes since I don't want a backup plan.

Each day is an opportunity for success..let's do this!

• RunsWithBees
    GBO323 wrote: »
    After years of yo-yo...I hit maintenance and stayed there for 16 weeks in 2014...and then fell right off thinking I could just lose it again quickly...roller coaster of up and down.

FF> to end of 2018 and was looking at my 50th Bday coming up in March so my mantra became "Fit at Fifty" and hit maintenance range for my Bday...what a gift.

Maintenance range is +/- 5 from Target goal. As long as I'm in Range, I'm good...yet heading to Target and add a buffer to that...

Feels good to buy clothes in sizes that I can find anywhere....and donated my larger clothes since I don't want a backup plan.

Each day is an opportunity for success..let's do this!

Congrats on completing your birthday fit at 50 goal! That’s an amazing accomplishment! 💪💪💪
    I also had promised myself to lose the excess weight by my bday (10 months away at the time) and it gave me something concrete to work towards and was that much more rewarding when I was able to do it 😃
    And great job on maintaining! 👍👍👍
  • RunsWithBees
    Bumping with <3 for all the fantastic maintainers!!! Great job!!! :)
  • rcreynol3090
    rcreynol3090 Posts: 174 Member
    I've been maintaining within a 5 lb range for a year now, and loving it! Last night went to Red Robin for first time in over 2 years, had a grilled chicken sandwich instead of burger, and side salad instead of bottomless fries. Still way too much sodium, but only up .6 lbs this morning. 😁