Super crazy hungry

I've been really hungry for the past couple of days, I think it might just be hormones or stress, I'm hungry before during and after eating. What can I do to stop being so hungry?

Replies

• cobalt108
    cobalt108 Posts: 60 Member
    Been there. Sorry I don’t have the magic answer as stress/hormone hunger can be so powerful.
    For me what has helped is to physically get away from the kitchen/ food, go outside for a walk or to the gym to run off some of that stress/hunger energy. Also, I’ve noticed taking a couple tablespoons of Braggs apple cider vinegar mixed in water after meals has helped if done consistently.
    If I really can’t shake the hunger I eat some protein like a hard boiled egg or snack on plain celery/carrot sticks/cucumber slices so at least I’m not really damaging my progress so much.
    Sorry your struggling with this and hope it gets better!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Take some time to really look over what's going on right now. 1) Is it close to TOM? The change in hormones can increase hunger. 2) Are you eating enough calories? Having a target that is too aggressive can increase hunger. 3) Are you getting enough protein, fat, and fibre? These things can also influence hunger. 4) Are you getting enough sleep? 5) Have you been going through increased stress lately?
  • riverpuppy17
    riverpuppy17 Posts: 1 Member
    It seems like you're eating a lot of sugar and junk food relative to the amount of calories you're eating. It might help to get more fiber and protein and focus on healthier, homemade foods that don't have so much added sugar and fat.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Have you tried experimenting with different food volumes? Looking at your diary, your food volume appears to be a bit small. Maybe you're a volume eater and could benefit from the bulk of vegetables? You also seem to be eating fewer than 50 grams of protein most days. Protein is known to be satisfying for many people, maybe try increasing that?

If it's hormonal, though, I can't help you. There are days where I'm a black hole no matter what I eat.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited June 2019
    aribel95 wrote: »
    I've been really hungry for the past couple of days, I think it might just be hormones or stress, I'm hungry before during and after eating. What can I do to stop being so hungry?

Have you questioned whether you're actually hungry or perhaps it's boredom or the fact that you're just thinking about food?

What's your typical menu for a day?
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    It seems like you're eating a lot of sugar and junk food relative to the amount of calories you're eating. It might help to get more fiber and protein and focus on healthier, homemade foods that don't have so much added sugar and fat.

Don’t understand why this answer got 3 woos. Of all the answers, I think it is the first thing that should be considered.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    Being hungry can be a normal part of the process unfortunately. But some things to consider:
    - are you eating too little? meaning, is your calorie goal appropriate? Sometimes the aggressive rate of 2lb/week loss is simply not appropriate.
    - are you eating back your exercise calories? Did you select an appropriate activity level?
    - while what you eat doesn't matter for weight loss IT CAN matter for satiety (feeling full). your food choices are your own but you seem to be choosing more calorie dense foods and eating small quantity. This is fine for some people sure, but with others they need more "volume" in their diet. This can be done by making some swaps in food choices. Another example is many find protein filling and you are VERY VERY low on protein (in fact while it doesn't matter for weight loss, your protein intake should be increased for your overall health and it MAY also help feeling full)
    - again while WHEN you eat doesn't matter for weight loss, it CAN help manage hunger. Some people prefer and do well with a smaller eating window, or fewer larger meals. But others need to eat smaller meals but more oftne. I am one of those. I eat 5-6x a day. this keeps me going. Something you could test out.
  • LyndaBSS
    whmscll wrote: »

Don’t understand why this answer got 3 woos. Of all the answers, I think it is the first thing that should be considered.

You mean a woo is a bad thing? Seriously I've been using it as a positive. :|
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    lbsansouci wrote: »

You mean a woo is a bad thing? Seriously I've been using it as a positive. :|

it's confusing at first, but woo is not a positive at all. here is a post with a detailed explanation but:
    "It's saying, "this is potentially dangerous and/or misleading information." It can also mean that the information posted is a myth that has been debunked"

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10737777/woo-does-not-mean-woo-hoo/p1
  • LyndaBSS
    Oh dayum, I'm sorry, thank you for that. :(
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member

Because of the words they chose to use. Some words are an automatic woo trigger and have a higher chance of being misunderstood as demonizing. I have restated the same idea without using trigger words and got no woos. The poster of that reply is new, so it's understandable that they don't yet know all the nuances of posting in these forums without being misunderstood. What tipped me that this may not exactly be a typical "sugar is evil" kind of reply is "relative to the amount of calories you're eating".