Less Alcohol - June 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    June 11 - 3 drinks - Game 7 of the NHL playoffs tonight, but can't have drinks 2 days in a row so will resist.

Someone is taking home a trophy tonight. 🏒🏆
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    I am going to set my June goals for 4-5 AF days per week. I tried 5 AF days per week in May, but didn't quite get there.
    May was 18 AF days for me, would have been more, but the warm weather and sweating it out in the garden led to some rum punches, as did being away. It might be challenging during the summer months, but I am going to try to have some discipline.

June 01 - AF - going out of town in the morning, kind of expect to have a few drinks Sunday.
    June 02 - 1/2 bottle of red wine
    June 03 - 3 drinks - 2 days in a row, such a no-no. Definitely don't want to drift back into daily drinks, I will have to get a handle on it.
    June 04 - AF - It was a bit of a struggle to do AF after 2 days in a row of drinks.
    June 05 - AF - sort of reluctantly, but I know that the scale won't move unless I do AF days.
    June 06 - 3 drinks. I really need to get back on track, my weight is starting to creep up. So glad to have this forum, it really does help with accountability. I have a show at a bar that I have tickets to on Saturday night, but I am going to try to save money and calories and not order any alcohol. I have to be AF today (the 7th) so I can at least make it to 4AF days for the week.
    June 07 - AF - Just squeaked out 4AF days for the week. Yesterday I had a tooth extraction and was told no alcohol, but had 3 drinks!
    June 08 - 3 drinks - I need to rack up some more AF days.
    June 09 - AF
    June 10 - AF
    June 11 - 3 drinks - Game 7 of the NHL playoffs tonight, but can't have drinks 2 days in a row so will resist.
    June 12 - AF - Yahoo St. Louis Blues after waiting 52 years : - )

Running tally - 7 AF days out of 12 days so far
  • renpup
    renpup Posts: 15 Member
    Been AF since Monday, but feeling apprehensive about this weekend. Friday night has been my night to tie one on for YEARS, even when I wasn't drinking all that much at all. I signed up for the Alcohol Experiment and am feeling inspired to try and go a whole 30 days w/o drinking.

I'm keeping in mind right now all the ways alcohol has let me down (I'm not a fun drunk after two drinks [who stops at two drinks?!], I turn into either a weepy mess, or an argumentative lunatic, unless I'm at home and I just fall asleep on the couch mid-movie with my husband). Maybe if I go AF on a Friday night I can actually stay awake past 9:30? Wouldn't that be fun?
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    June 12th Update

June 1 goal 0 / actual 1 beer
    June 2 goal 0 / actual 5 beers
    June 3 goal 0 / actual 2 beers.
    June 4 goal 0 / actual Tied one on...…..
    June 5 goal 0 / actual AF
    June 6 goal 0 / actual AF
    June 7 goal....? / actual...….planning AF tonight. Will be my first Friday AF......nope....finished painting my office and the beer went down real easy. 7 of them as a matter of fact :(
    June 8 goal 4 / actual AF
    June 9 goal AF / actual 4 beers. I learned I no longer need to biy my beer in 12 packs. I can do a six pack and be fine.
    June 10 goal AF / actual AF
    June 11 goal AF / actual AF
    June 12 goal AF / actual AF
    June 13 goal AF / actual
    June 14 goal...…??? Class get together/outdoor bar-b-q / actual...….sure would be nice to do this one sober and be the dd on the way home. I have researched some mocktails to take with me. Shopping for them tonight.
    June 15 goal ??? / actual
    June 16 goal ?? / actual
    June 17 goal AF / actual
    June 18 goal AF / actual
    June 19 goal AF / actual
    June 20 goal AF / actual
    June 21 goal ...to be continued

@renpup and @MissMay I ALWAYS get the "snacky" when I've been drinking at night...…….and then the next day the recovery food.....this is why I'm here ;) Well, one of the reasons ;)

@MissMay Excellent job out with friends. I have that challenge tonight. I have not made it to day four yet. Today is day four. I want to break that cycle. Like you, I have two friends coming to town for dinner out. My drinking girls...….they have now retired and are having fun......I have been practicing "water please". I don't trust myself yet with the will power to have just the drinks there, if I do I'd probably stop and get a "six pack" ( I am ready to move to the 6 pack instead of the 12 pack).

@renpup I also am doing the Alcohol Experiment. Like I stated in paragraph above...….working today on getting to day 4 for the first time in over 12 years.

Have a great day everyone!!
    Teri
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    MissMay wrote: »

WOOT! And it’s my team! And there was definitely alcohol consumed! But I had 7 am meetings and aside from thirst and a slight headache I made it!

Saturday is the parade and won’t make any promises about AF that day either!

Let’s Go Blues! #Gloria!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    MissMay wrote: »

WOOT! And it’s my team! And there was definitely alcohol consumed! But I had 7 am meetings and aside from thirst and a slight headache I made it!

Saturday is the parade and won’t make any promises about AF that day either!

Let’s Go Blues! #Gloria!

Congrats to the Blues and thier 52 year streak broke. Well done!🏒😁
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,582 Member
    renpup wrote: »
    Been AF since Monday, but feeling apprehensive about this weekend. Friday night has been my night to tie one on for YEARS, even when I wasn't drinking all that much at all. I signed up for the Alcohol Experiment and am feeling inspired to try and go a whole 30 days w/o drinking.

I'm keeping in mind right now all the ways alcohol has let me down (I'm not a fun drunk after two drinks [who stops at two drinks?!], I turn into either a weepy mess, or an argumentative lunatic, unless I'm at home and I just fall asleep on the couch mid-movie with my husband). Maybe if I go AF on a Friday night I can actually stay awake past 9:30? Wouldn't that be fun?

Read this second paragraph before you order any drinks tonight! Pretty compelling reason to stay AF on a Friday night. You can do it!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    @Womona I had the same experience last night. I ALMOST made it to 4 days AF. But it was 7:15 and so dang nice outside I went to join my husband working in the garage ( I just supervise while petting my poodle ;) and chose to have a beer. Funny, just one beer and my head reminded me of the pain it can cause as I was waking up. Just enough of a touch to say....Hey you...….what are you doing??? So that will help me to be more prepared for my first social AF tonight. Getting together for our monthly class get together. Tonight is a back-yard bar-b-q. I am taking flavored water with fresh raspberries and crushed ice. Oh! And my Yeti wine cup to put it in ;)

Also, thought I posted it, but don't see it, my dinner with girlfriends got cancelled last night.....whoot whoot!! That took the pressure off ;)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am going to set my June goals for 4-5 AF days per week. I tried 5 AF days per week in May, but didn't quite get there.
    May was 18 AF days for me, would have been more, but the warm weather and sweating it out in the garden led to some rum punches, as did being away. It might be challenging during the summer months, but I am going to try to have some discipline.

June 01 - AF - going out of town in the morning, kind of expect to have a few drinks Sunday.
    June 03 - 3 drinks - 2 days in a row, such a no-no. Definitely don't want to drift back into daily drinks, I will have to get a handle on it.
    June 04 - AF - It was a bit of a struggle to do AF after 2 days in a row of drinks.
    June 05 - AF - sort of reluctantly, but I know that the scale won't move unless I do AF days.
    June 06 - 3 drinks. I really need to get back on track, my weight is starting to creep up. So glad to have this forum, it really does help with accountability. I have a show at a bar that I have tickets to on Saturday night, but I am going to try to save money and calories and not order any alcohol. I have to be AF today (the 7th) so I can at least make it to 4AF days for the week.
    June 07 - AF - Just squeaked out 4AF days for the week. Yesterday I had a tooth extraction and was told no alcohol, but had 3 drinks!
    June 09 - AF
    June 10 - AF
    June 13 - 3 drinks and the NBA championship came to Canada for the first time : - )

Running tally - 7 AF days out of 13 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy

June 09 - AF
    June 10 - AF
    June 13 - 3 drinks and the NBA championship came to Canada for the first time : - )
    June 14 - AF - If I didn't need this day to get to 4AF for the week...well, doesn't matter, glad that I have given myself the challenge. Big weekend ahead in my town. We usually have Bailey's and coffee and watch the parade from my porch. Might or might not.

Running tally - 8 AF days out of 14 days so far
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    As of 6/14

June 1 goal 0 / actual 1 beer
    June 2 goal 0 / actual 5 beers
    June 3 goal 0 / actual 2 beers.
    June 4 goal 0 / actual Tied one on...…..
    June 5 goal 0 / actual AF
    June 6 goal 0 / actual AF
    June 7 goal....? / actual...….planning AF tonight. Will be my first Friday AF......nope....finished painting my office and the beer went down real easy. 7 of them as a matter of fact :(
    June 8 goal 4 / actual AF
    June 9 goal AF / actual 4 beers. I learned I no longer need to biy my beer in 12 packs. I can do a six pack and be fine.
    June 10 goal AF / actual AF
    June 11 goal AF / actual AF
    June 12 goal AF / actual AF
    June 13 goal AF / actual 1 beer. So close to making it to my first 4 days straight. It felt so natural to open that beer while hanging with my husband while he worked in the garage. Yet, I also put so much thought in to wanting to make it to my 4th day. I was freed of the challenge of dining with my girlfriends yet still opened that beer. It tasted so good and went down easy yet I recognized that tapping on my head letting me know it was there. Learning.
    June 14 goal...…??? / actual 5 1/2 beers.
    I was partially successful.
    Negative: I chose to go to the liquor store after work
    Positive: I asked for a six pack. Surprisingly they don't carry my beer of choice in a 6 pack....so yup....I bought the 12 pack.
    Wanted one beer before heading out to the bar-b-q. I asked my husband to pack two of my beers. I packed my mocktail drink stuff and really enjoyed them. It felt good....then I started getting bored and sleepiness crept in. It was weird....so I moved to my two beers. Now almost two hours later I'm ready to drink an ICEE water....I open the cooler and THERE'S One More Beer! Lucky me...right???
    We finally get home just after midnight sat on the deck with the dogs for one more....guess what time I woke up??? It was 11:00. What a wasted away day :(
    More evidence telling me how much I want to go AF.
    June 15 goal ??? / actual
    June 16 goal ?? / actual
    June 17 goal AF / actual
    June 18 goal AF / actual
    June 19 goal AF / actual
    June 20 goal AF / actual
    June 21 goal ...to be continued

@orpha thank you for starting this group and keeping it going. You and @MissMay are great inspirations. Appreciate you both and all the members that have been in and out of this group since I've been here in February. There have been so many stories and encouragement shared. All of it has REALLY helped me! Thanks