App Problems No support

hawaiikepi
hawaiikepi Posts: 8 Member
edited June 2019 in Introduce Yourself
This is the 3rdx trying to edit. I keep getting an Alert trying to Comlete my diary from yesterday.

It reads:ALERT
There was a problem sending your request to the server. Please visit the main website or try again later.

Anyone having this problem? Its frustrating taking all the time to enter your diary and not being able to complete it.

Also bugs that no support option, wont let me upload a pic when i try and my fitbit wont link either. Hey I am Debbie and I am irritated right now🤣

Replies

• hawaiikepi
    hawaiikepi Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2019
    errr
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    If you go into "Help" and "Troubleshooting" there is a list of known issues they are working on. I believe that is a known issue. You can also report issues in the Help section, if it's not listed as a known issue.

I've seen complaints about that for awhile. The good news is completing your diary isn't necessary and doesn't really accomplish anything, so at least it doesn't keep you from using the food diary (which is probably why the fix isn't a priority!)
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    If you go into "Help" and "Troubleshooting" there is a list of known issues they are working on. I believe that is a known issue. You can also report issues in the Help section, if it's not listed as a known issue.

I've seen complaints about that for awhile. The good news is completing your diary isn't necessary and doesn't really accomplish anything, so at least it doesn't keep you from using the food diary (which is probably why the fix isn't a priority!)

I’m completely and utterly confused by your second paragraph....
    You’re saying completing your diary isn’t necessary and accomplished nothing - I thought that was the whole point of being here? Also then you go on to say that it doesn’t keep you from using your diary. Huh?? Can you explain a bit because I’m also having issues......

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    She's saying that actually hitting the "Complete Diary" button doesn't do anything beyond publishing a status update for you that you've done so. I only hit the button this year because my health insurance has an incentive program that gives me money based on keeping a food diary, and hitting complete is the only way to get the points. Prior to the incentive program, I'd use the app to track my calories but never bothered hitting the complete button. If that's the only issue, it shouldn't affect your ability to use the app effectively. Hope that helps clarify.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    edited June 2019
    kimny72 wrote: »

I’m completely and utterly confused by your second paragraph....
    You’re saying completing your diary isn’t necessary and accomplished nothing - I thought that was the whole point of being here? Also then you go on to say that it doesn’t keep you from using your diary. Huh?? Can you explain a bit because I’m also having issues......

There's a button on the bottom of your food diary "Complete this entry". I have literally only ever clicked it once in the 4+ years I've been logging here. All it does is post a message on your newsfeed that you completed your diary for the day, and give you that gimmicky pop up box with the 5 week prophecy. It doesn't affect your streak or your stats or anything. I think psychologically some people like to get closure on the day, or poke their friends to look at what they logged, but none of that ever appealed to me.

Clicking that button is I believe when OP was getting her error message.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Ohhhhh!!!! Ok, I totally get it now!!! Sorry and thank you so much for explaining. I’m having so many issues with the app that I don’t even know where to start...lol.
  • Sharod_BeastFit
    Sharod_BeastFit Posts: 61 Member
    Yup me too. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again. It worked then but it Alert happed the next day I tried to complete my diary. So I had to go on the site to do it. i'm starting to get lil annoyed when it does that.
  • Mandafaye80lbs
    Mandafaye80lbs Posts: 24 Member
    Having the same problem myself when I try to end my daily food diary and its crazy slow when doing anything on here .
    I thought at first it was my cell service but all other apps are A Ok.
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck thus far.
    I am relieved in a way its not just me but it still stinks that I can't use my food diary properly.