Swimsuit shopping

tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,271 Member
When all your weight collects in the middle, there is not a swimsuit on earth that looks decent. No amount of ruffles, skirts, roushing, or tummy control can make me want to go swimming this summer. Which sucks cause I live at the beach!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I actually wear a binkini no matter how I look, I just don't care. But for those days where I need a bit of a break from the sun, I bought a swim dress...it's surprisingly cute and fits just about any body shape.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    I actually wear a binkini no matter how I look, I just don't care. But for those days where I need a bit of a break from the sun, I bought a swim dress...it's surprisingly cute and fits just about any body shape.

My best friend swears by them, and they are cute!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I hear you. I'm a boring speedo gal, and those do NOT look good post-meno.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,271 Member
    Update: I found one today that doesn't look too awful and was only $24 at Marshall's.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I wear compression type swim shorts and a regular bathing suit top - like a tank top. I feel OK in that. It's pretty similar to what I'd wear at the gym.
  • beckyrpl
    beckyrpl Posts: 73 Member
    I used to wear bikinis - I now wear a one piece. It looks okay.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    My daughter is a ballerina and has a great figure, but she's self conscious about it and usually wears a bikini with a surf shirt over it, however, I had a swim dress that was too big in the bust for me and it fit her perfectly, plus, she loved it and it was super cute!