1.5lbs loss is a good loss! :) Keep up the good work! :+1:
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    June 16

39 Days to Bavaria
    Weight lost as of first five-day check-in: 1.5/10 pounds
    Indoor bike ride goal: 2/12 rides
    Outdoor bike ride goal: 2/12 rides

Nothing to report today. I met my ride goals for the week, so I haven't decided if I'll do another indoor or outdoor ride today. Next five-day check-in is Thursday.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Good job with meeting your ride goals 👏👍
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Great job!
  • Nevadaden
    June 17

38 Days to Bavaria
    Indoor bike ride goal: 3/12 rides
    Outdoor bike ride goal: 2/12 rides

I rode indoors yesterday, and I'm contemplating an outdoor ride this morning since I will be traveling two days this week and need to get in some pedal time before then.

I'm looking forward to a couple of days of travel, too; I realize this may not be the case for some, but OMAD is easy for me during non-vacation travel. (Vacation travel is different, to be sure.)

I will be traveling or working during the day, then I will have dinner at night at the hotel or nearby restaurant with no added temptations in the form of refrigerator proximity or envy when my companion goes for second helpings. Sometimes, and this weekend was a case in point, even though I'm clinging to the concept of OMAD, I don't adhere to the principles -- one plate, for example, can become one plate and a half, and one glass of calorie beverage can become two. I allow myself a little slack on the weekends when I have exercise calories to add back in, but that can become a slippery slope. So -- it will be good to have two days of easy OMAD Tuesday and Wednesday before my second five-day weigh-in.
  • volgirl1322
    Best of luck this week!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    1.5 is a fabulous startttttttttttttttttt <3
  • jadepearl
    Good luck🍀👍
  • Nevadaden
    June 18

36 Days to Bavaria
    Indoor bike ride goal: 4/12 rides
    Outdoor bike ride goal: 3/12 rides
  • volgirl1322
    That is awesome!
  • Nevadaden
    June 20

35 Days to Bavaria
    Weight lost as of second five-day check-in: 5.2/10 pounds
    Indoor bike ride goal: 5/12 rides

As I noted earlier, I had been on track for a 2.5-3 pound loss at my first five-day checkpoint, and then I overdid on salted caramel chocolate brownies. Emphasis on the salted. Although I still had a loss that first check-in, it wasn't what I had expected in initial water weight loss.

These past two days of work travel, which for me makes for an easy OMAD, delivered that water weight loss and a bit of real loss as well: 3 1/2 pounds, bringing it to 5.2 for the first ten days. I'm happy, but I also know that the early pounds are the easier ones. We're heading into the weekend where I stumbled last week, but I'm hoping that the encouraging loss from my second five-day check-in keeps me on the OMAD straight and narrow.
  • mistymeadows2005
    You've got this babe! Use your momentum, and stick to the plan and you'll get there NO PROBLEM!!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Nice drop! Like Steph said, stick to the plan and you WILL get there.
  • volgirl1322
    That is great ---you will get there!!!
  • jadepearl
    You will surely get there! Awesome job so far! :+1:
  • Nevadaden
    Thanks, all! No rides planned for today; I have to get into the office early. Thus, just continuing the countdown:

June 21

34 Days to Bavaria
    Indoor bike ride goal: 5/12 rides
  • mistymeadows2005
    You're rockin' through your 10 pound goal! Cause you'll have 5 official weigh ins over this time period, yes? so 2/5 of the way in, you're half way to your goal - ie AHEAD OF PACE! :)
  • volgirl1322
    You are doing great!!!
  • jadepearl
    It's half way there already 👍👍👏 You might reach your GW before the due date👍❤️😘
  • Nevadaden
    June 22

33 Days to Bavaria
    Indoor bike ride goal: 6/12 rides

I had a good OMAD day yesterday. I can have a tendency to overindulge on Friday nights, even though, courtesy of a day at the office, I always make it through to dinner with black coffee and water. There's that "it's the weekend!" temptation to have a second glass of wine or a second dessert or both, as I did last Friday. But I made it through the evening without succumbing and woke up this morning feeling better for it. The weekend poses its own temptations, but the next five-day check-in is on Tuesday, so I am going to try to keep things under control.

I have been doing very well on my indoor bike goals and planned to ride outdoors today, but it's far too windy. So, I logged another indoor ride today and will hope for more cooperative weather in the remaining 30-plus days. There's still plenty of time to get those outdoor rides in before we leave for Europe.