NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    2baninja wrote: »
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I think generally humans are trying to forever find a purpose. Setting goals gives every little thing they do every day some kind of purpose. I share your sentiments, @caco_ethes. I don't particularly care to do anything with purpose. Nothing wrong with it though.

But like anything purpose is subjective right - I have no real purpose to get fitter than i already am other than I just want to see if i can - I want to see if I’m disciplined enough- but I’m not sure what purpose it serves in the grand scheme - if I decided not to do this nothing would change good or bad I don’t guess ... hmm good thread caco good thread indeed

See? It’s a rabbit hole! The subjectivity of it is what drives me nuts. I’m an accountant, man. I need things black and white.

I’m curious how this whole concept fits in as well. Are people who readily meet inner and outer expectations more goal driven? See the quiz below

https://quiz.gretchenrubin.com/

I took this quiz and it said

"On the cake spectrum, you are:

Fruitcake. Loaded with calories, a lousy-Christmas-gift meme, and probably capable of killing someone if you're thrown hard enough."

I didn't pay the extra $$ to find out more details--I think I've read enough about myself for the day. Introspection is hard

You are

FOR SURE

a Questioner

I got Rebel but I disagree

I got rebel, I totally agree.

I agree with the idea that i don't like to "bind" myself, but I take issue with the idea that it is supposedly the same thing as choosing not to do something because someone expects me to. If I want to I will, if I don't I won't.

Sounds more like Questioner. Some very amazing people are Questioners!

this is the truth. I also got rebel but after further consideration and consulting experts in the matter, it turns out I'm more of a questioner.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I think generally humans are trying to forever find a purpose. Setting goals gives every little thing they do every day some kind of purpose. I share your sentiments, @caco_ethes. I don't particularly care to do anything with purpose. Nothing wrong with it though.

But like anything purpose is subjective right - I have no real purpose to get fitter than i already am other than I just want to see if i can - I want to see if I’m disciplined enough- but I’m not sure what purpose it serves in the grand scheme - if I decided not to do this nothing would change good or bad I don’t guess ... hmm good thread caco good thread indeed

See? It’s a rabbit hole! The subjectivity of it is what drives me nuts. I’m an accountant, man. I need things black and white.

I’m curious how this whole concept fits in as well. Are people who readily meet inner and outer expectations more goal driven? See the quiz below

Fruitcake. Loaded with calories, a lousy-Christmas-gift meme, and probably capable of killing someone if you're thrown hard enough."

I didn't pay the extra $$ to find out more details--I think I've read enough about myself for the day. Introspection is hard

You are

FOR SURE

a Questioner

I agree with the idea that i don't like to "bind" myself, but I take issue with the idea that it is supposedly the same thing as choosing not to do something because someone expects me to. If I want to I will, if I don't I won't.

this is the truth. I also got rebel but after further consideration and consulting experts in the matter, it turns out I'm more of a questioner.

Two follow up questions:

1) how readily did you agree to take the test?

2) once said expert told you that you couldn’t change your tendency, did you try to change your tendency?
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options

You are

FOR SURE

a Questioner

Two follow up questions:

2) once said expert told you that you couldn’t change your tendency, did you try to change your tendency?

I did it immediately because you told me to.

I do whatever makes "the man" happy

😉
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

You are

FOR SURE

a Questioner

Two follow up questions:

I really wanted to prove to myself what a rebel I was - however in hindsight it would have been much more rebellious to not take the test - 🤷‍♂️ what can I say I’m an obliger- you’re welcome ppl
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    Options

You are

FOR SURE

a Questioner

Two follow up questions:

1) almost immediately. I was promised chocolate for finishing it.
    2) I have a plan to rotate tendencies according to the moon phases.
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    Options

You are

FOR SURE

a Questioner

Two follow up questions:

1) almost immediately. I was promised chocolate for finishing it.
    2) I have a plan to rotate tendencies according to the moon phases.

I remember being promised a chocolate statue once. Deal was not upheld

Still trying to round up enough chocolate. Chocolate doesn't grow on trees :D
  • Leeanre
    Leeanre Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I cant get my chit togther because goals are wigging me out, mainly cause I just cant seem to set, keep and reach. Even though I reached my biggest goal I have ever had. Other goals sit lonely on a shelf next to all my ghosts. No goblins though. Those freak me out! 👹