Looking to expand our small intentional Group:Women over 40, Need to Lose 70-100+

Replies

• hejames1967
    hejames1967 Posts: 1 Member
    I would like to be added to the group. I am a 55 year old woman and my goal is to loose 100 lbs. I just started on Friday, June 7, 2019 on the Cornerstone Wellness doctor supervised diet.
  • rubipaz75
    rubipaz75 Posts: 13 Member
    Please add me. My name is Rubi I am 44, I have 45 pounds to go. I am 5"3 and weight 190.
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    I’m interested. I’m 43 and have 100 to lose.
  • doxielvr13
    doxielvr13 Posts: 40 Member
    I am interested. My name is Sally, age is 59, 5' tall, and have about 75-80 lbs to lose.
  • yurika975
    yurika975 Posts: 71 Member
    I am interested
  • spangadora
    spangadora Posts: 89 Member
    Hi, I'd be interested. 45 and have about 90lbs to go still... Cause yeah, doing this is hard! Started on Saturday again.
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,915 Member
    I'm interested. 66 years old and lost 40 pounds since retiring a couple of years ago. Want to lose at least another 50 pounds.
    Thanks!
  • shelsrevenge
    shelsrevenge Posts: 16 Member
    I would love to be a part of this group, rapidly approaching 50 years old, looking to lose 90 pounds in the next 15 months. Sometimes I have to remind myself that they weight did not jump on at one stop, it's probably not going to jump off that way either!
  • lishalu
    lishalu Posts: 1 Member
    I'm interested!
  • Wintersdawn1010
    Wintersdawn1010 Posts: 1 Member
    I would like to join. I'm Dawn, am 47, I have 80lbs. to lose.
  • MDAJACMAC
    MDAJACMAC Posts: 11 Member
    I would like to join.
    I am about to turn 55 and need to lose 70lbs
  • scalebeater
    scalebeater Posts: 65 Member
    I’d love to join! Restarting after losing 50 lbs last year and needing a maintenance break. I want to lose 70 more keto diet .. getting hard to get motivated now that I’m looking good lol. Could use support. I log every day, track sleep hr and stress w Garmin but I’m not obsessive. Add me?
  • zarams319
    zarams319 Posts: 8 Member
    Would like to join! I'm 56, and have 100 lbs to lose.
  • Keliz1173
    Keliz1173 Posts: 186 Member
    Hello - I would like to join this group too. New back to using MFP. I'm 46 and would like to lose 70 more pounds. I've dieted on an off my entire life so focusing now on a positive, loving approach to my health and weight loss. I'm tired of hating my body and it's done me no good anyway. :smile:

Kelly
  • marialba67
    marialba67 Posts: 79 Member
    Hello - I'm interested. I'm 51, need to lose 110 lbs and my body hates me. It's like this - if I diet and track, I gain weight. If I don't, I gain weight. If I work out, I gain weight. If I don't, I gain weight. Been back tracking here for about three weeks now, doing home workouts and walking about 3 miles a day playing Pokemon. I have not gotten on the scale since I signed up again, waiting to do so at the monthly mark, hoping for a 1 lb loss.

My boy Harry is my profile pic. The last time I had my picture taken was back in March when I met David Tennant at a sci-fi convention and I have hidden away from cameras and generally being in public since then. That's how much shame I feel.

Thank you.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Hi ladies, I have a question for those of us wishing to be in a group like this. I posted a request to join and have not heard back. So I messaged the original poster and have not had a reply. Her original post was in early March and she responded to the 1st inquiry but none since. She has not been on MFP since May 4th. I searched for her group under titles including the number '40' and could not find one.

The ideas behind this group are exactly what I am looking for. Women over 40 and with 70 to 100+ pounds to lose. My question is this - if we don't hear back from the original poster, should we start our own group? I am 60 and retired, and thus have the time to set up a group and be the moderator, if that would be acceptable with you ladies. I hesitate writing this as I really don't want to overstep my boundaries into someone else's territory, but am going at this weight loss and exercise with all I've got and could really use the support of others. I am in it for the long haul. Let me know your thoughts on this idea and if you feel it would be appropriate at this time to start a group. And if I offended anyone with the idea, I apologize. Thanks, Pam
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,915 Member
    pjshawley wrote: »
    Hi ladies, I have a question for those of us wishing to be in a group like this. I posted a request to join and have not heard back. So I messaged the original poster and have not had a reply. Her original post was in early March and she responded to the 1st inquiry but none since. She has not been on MFP since May 4th. I searched for her group under titles including the number '40' and could not find one.

The ideas behind this group are exactly what I am looking for. Women over 40 and with 70 to 100+ pounds to lose. My question is this - if we don't hear back from the original poster, should we start our own group? I am 60 and retired, and thus have the time to set up a group and be the moderator, if that would be acceptable with you ladies. I hesitate writing this as I really don't want to overstep my boundaries into someone else's territory, but am going at this weight loss and exercise with all I've got and could really use the support of others. I am in it for the long haul. Let me know your thoughts on this idea and if you feel it would be appropriate at this time to start a group. And if I offended anyone with the idea, I apologize. Thanks, Pam

I have not heard back either and was thinking something must have happened to prevent the original person from continuing. I certainly don't think you would be stepping on anyone's toes. It looks like there's lots of interest. I will be happy to join your group if you decide to start one.
  • marialba67
    marialba67 Posts: 79 Member
    pjshawley wrote: »

Same here, what Tolamarie said.
  • ashrymom
    ashrymom Posts: 816 Member
    I am part of this group from the beginning. The problem is that we have sent over 40 invites and people don't respond or they do and never post. We are down to two dedicated people who post every day.
    I will send out a few more invites right now for the most recent people.
    But please only join if you intend to post on an almost daily basis.
    The group is what has kept me going and not quitting like I have so many times in the past
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    ashrymom wrote: »
    I am part of this group from the beginning. The problem is that we have sent over 40 invites and people don't respond or they do and never post. We are down to two dedicated people who post every day.
    I will send out a few more invites right now for the most recent people.
    But please only join if you intend to post on an almost daily basis.
    The group is what has kept me going and not quitting like I have so many times in the past

Hi, thanks for the invite! I am now a member and look forward to participating. Bye, Pam