Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,505 Member
    Hi Ladies, just wanted to update you on my rheumatology visit. We still don't know what I have. All kinds of blood work and hand x-rays were ordered. I have to wait till 7/8 to go over the results with the doctor here in BR. I'm so not used to waiting for bloodwork results so long.
    The doctor prescribed a prednisolone pack. I have to take it for 6 days starting tomorrow morning. I guess I have to take 6 pills tomorrow, 5 on Friday, 4 on Sat. and so on till I run out.

I was gone for 6 1/2 hours so by the time I got home I was totally stiff. I didn't have a good afternoon. I am still trying to figure out what I can eat too. The place was very easy to find which was great.
    No workout today and tomorrow will be dedicated to cleaning the house. My BIL arrives tomorrow night to spend a long weekend with us.

Laurie, great workout today! I'm so happy you guys had a great time celebrating your MIL's bday!

I am still waiting on the new anti-acid prescription. You are too funny about the moldy umbrella! Is this normal weather for you guys? It rained pretty hard last night and today a lot less. It was so much warmer in Atlanta!
    The trigger foods are easy to figure out after I eat them. The problem is figuring out what I can eat. I think I'll stick to lean meats, rice, and vegetables.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm so glad you're enjoying your step workouts again. I hate those jumps up/down with two feet. I always found them so dangerous and would only do it with just the platform. I modify that move by doing it single legged. You have to get better about using bug spray, Laurel. Mosquitoes and ticks are bad news!
    What is the name of those gluten-free crackers?

Hi Tami and Erika!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,411 Member
    Morning Ladies,

I over slept this morning, so it was a really short workout. I don't know what happened, but I didn't hear my alarm clock. That is unusual for me. Guess I was tired. Anyway I did RAW Core Moves. In this one Kelly uses the stability ball, which is a piece of equipment that I don't enjoy using all that much. I was able to do the pikes though, kind of surprised me because I haven't done any in a long time.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, and getting in another spin workout. That is the same thing that I have done with step workouts. I have avoided a lot of good ones. I'm sure if I just thought about it, I could make them low impact or don't use the step. I used to love Imax, we will see if I have enough confidence to even try that one again with a lot of modification. I think that is the same problem I have with MIC. I probably could take those moves down to low impact, now that I know more subs for the moves. I remember loving Step Heat and Step Jam, probably because they where my first step workout from Cathe. Might be fun to revisit some of those, they are really simple routines too. :D

Thelma, Sorry to hear that you have to wait so long to get the results, but I'm glad that you have something that will hopefully help you get some relief. Can't imagine taking all those pills in one day, but at least you decrease the number as the days go along. Nice that you are getting a visit from your BIL, I'm sure that will be fun. Dang on the prescription still not being approved, that has to be so frustrating. This much rain is unusual, but then again we seem to go in cycles. We had rain all night again, we just need some drying time so that DH can mow the lawn before we leave for our vacation on Sunday. :D You food options sound pretty good to me. I love meat, rice and veggies.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,769 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Fit Tower Bootcamp. This is one of those workouts I have mentally filed as ‘light’....and I have no idea why. This is not an easy workout! I followed it with one of Cathe’s first Live workouts....one I have never done...called Cardio and Weights. She alternated a couple of cardio drills with weight work, and it felt really tough to me today. I was thinking it might have been because of the first workout until I realized members of her class were dropping out too! So I think it really was tough, but I liked it.

Thelma, I can’t believe you have to wait that long for your results. But I am glad they gave you something that will, hopefully, help you start feeling better. I am also glad you had no problem getting to Atlanta and finding the place. The crackers I have right now are Crunch Master. They carry them in the deli section of our Publix. I have tried two kinds, both of which have been really good. Sounds like you have a good diet plan right now, though I am sure it is frustrating for it to be so limited. Hopefully you get that medication soon.

Laurie, good job getting a workout in despite missing your alarm. You are probably right that you are tired! Congratulations on doing the pikes. That is a move I struggle with because of my shoulder. I kind of do half pikes, but at least it is something. :) My first Cathe step workouts were Power Max and Step Heat. I haven’t revisited either in a couple of years, but last time I did, I remember them feeling so slow! Cathe mentioned at the Road Trip that her step work has sped up through the years, so going back and revisiting those older, slower workouts might be a great way of figuring out if they are worth modifying or not. I think her step pace increased around the time Body Max came out.....and has just kept increasing.

Tami, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Doing good ... alive and well. Just been busy in the afternoon's when I try to get on here and check in with you ladies. I am happy to be busy, but miss my MFP Ladies.

I will check in tomorrow and get caught up! Just wanted to make sure I let you all know I am ok. :)

Happy Friday EVE!

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, great news from me today for a change! I don't have Celiac disease! Yaaay! The prednisolone kicked in but it wasn't like the prednisone I took 9 years ago. My energy level seems to feel normal again. I'm not stiff or swollen even though I cleaned 3.5 bathrooms and the entire house! I was actually able to put my wedding rings on tonight! I'm so happy! I think the prednisolone actually is helping my stomach too!
    My anti-acid prescription got approved yesterday until 2039! The pharmacy didn't have it and they will order it. I was told it should be here tomorrow.

We had a pretty scary storm at about 5 am today. It was like a hurricane! Thank God it wasn't a hurricane and things are OK around here.

We're going to take my BIL to meet our friends at the bar tomorrow night. We're going to the Blue Ridge Marina restaurant. Then on Saturday, we will go to the town where the Drug and Gun store is at to eat dinner at a restaurant we found

Laurie, great job getting a little workout in this morning! You must've been really tired this morning.
    It really stinks that I have to wait so long for the rheumy's lab work. She should call me to tell me what's up!
    I think the new diet plan will work. At least I'll have food to eat!

We should have fun with my BIL this weekend. We're supposed to have a sunny day in the 80's tomorrow! On Saturday we'll take him to the Big Foot (a legend around here) Museum and that should be fun! LOL
    I hope you guys get some dry, sunny days soon! Our grass is growing really fast thanks to the rain too!

Laurel, great workouts!!
    I wonder if all the medical facilities in Atlanta make you wait so long for test results. Thanks for the name of those crackers! I'm going to see if my supermarket carries them. I don't remember seeing them in the gluten-free aisle though. Glad you also approve of my diet plan!

Tami, glad you're doing well!!

Hi Erika!

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,411 Member
    Morning Ladies,

We have a morning that doesn't include rain! :D Hopefully the sunshine will last so that DH can get on the lawn mower. This morning I did RAW Kickboxing & Olympic Lifts, another great workout. Always is a surprise how the hr goes up doing those lifts.

We are heading out on our vacation on Sunday, but I will get in a workout tomorrow and hopefully Sunday morning before we leave. I don't think that I will be able to get a workout on Monday, with the driving and getting into our hotel room. We will see, I'm sure going to check out the fitness area after we check in. I'm probably going to be bringing my yoga mat, band and my kettle bell, it appears that they have everything else that I would need at the hotel. If I don't check in next week don't worry about me, it will be because I'm busy.

Laurel, Love the workouts! I love that the workout was harder, that must mean that you put your all into it. LOL about the class members dropping out of the workout, then you know you are doing okay. You are right a half pike is better than nothing. After a while I have to go to the knees in and out, and like you said it is something instead of just watching. ;) I know for sure Step Heat is slow, and it does the take it from the top. For me that is just fine, and now I just may try that one out again. Of course after I get a new DVD player, the one I have is a goner. ;)

Tami, Glad that you checked in with us, and that you are doing fine.

Thelma, I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better. Great job getting those bathrooms cleaned. Awesome news on the prescription also. Your weekend with your BIL sounds like a lot of fun. We will be heading into BBQ country, and my DH is really looking forward to it. He just loves smoked meat. I hope that you get your answers sooner than expected.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I mashed together three of my favorite shorter workouts for one fun workout today! Felt SO good!! I started with X10 Fat Burning, then did Cathe Live Cardio Fusion into Cathe Live Cathe 200. This latter workout is a bootcamp-style workout except absolutely non-stop. I think if pressed to name my favorite workout ever, this one might just be it. So an absolutely great way to end a week of tough but fun workouts. Actually I ended it by standing under my ceiling fan and doing Jessica Smith’s 15 minute post workout stretch....which was much needed today. :)

Tami, thanks for checking in! Glad to hear you are doing well and just busy at work. Hope you have a good weekend!

Thelma, so happy to hear you sounding better!!! Glad those pills are doing the trick so quickly and you are getting your energy and appetite back. Hope you enjoy your weekend with your BIL. Sounds like you have some fun plans. Please share your thoughts on the Bigfoot Museum! DH and I have had a running joke about Bigfoot for over 20 years.....ever since he was teaching military personnel and one of his students introduced himself by telling the class he had seen Bigfoot! So we might just have to go to that museum. :D Sounds like you got our storm night before last! It passed through here about 3am. We lost a few tree limbs but nothing too bad. DH, of course, slept through it. :# Looks like we are going to miss this weekends storms but you may not. Be careful!

Laurie, I like the sound of that workout! Glad to hear you are rain-free today. Must make for a nice change. Sorry to hear about your DVD player. Thankfully they aren’t too expensive anymore. Sounds like you have a great plan for next week and working out. I hope you have a fun and safe trip!! Enjoy!

Have a good weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. We had a great weekend with my DH and today we drove him to the airport. I didn't get any workouts in. Today I felt a little stiff again. I think that as the pred dose is going down the stiffness is coming back. The stomach med doesn't seem to be working very well either.

Laurie, great job getting your workout in. I hope you and your DH have a wonderful vacation!
    The seafood restaurant we wanted to go to was closed due to some mechanical problems in the kitchen. We drove back to BH and went for BBQ. I hope you guys find really good BBQ.

Laurel, great workouts!
    OMG, that Big Foot museum was a joke. People here say it's fun but we thought it was the corniest thing ever. They had a film and both my BIL and I fell asleep. Once the film ended we left. I think it's a good thing for little kids but not for adults.
    I thought Big Foot was a single creature but apparently, there are others as in females and children. I would say that if you have time and happened to be driving down I75, you should stop by simply because of that running joke you two have had for 20 years! LOL

We had quite the storms on Friday and Saturday nights. The weather was perfect during the day.

Hi Tami and Erika!

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you had a good weekend. We had a nice weekend since we were able to golf both days. :) Of course, we got rained on both days as well, but that didn’t hinder the enjoyment. It was a nice break from the seemingly endless chores we have been doing around the house. For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Barefoot Cardio Core followed by her Recovery Day Stretch. Yesterday was Cathe Live Supersets followed by Shock Cardio Step Moves. Today was Fit Split Legs and Glutes as well as F/S core. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Jabs and Kicks.

Thelma, I am glad you had a good weekend despite the disappointing restaurant closure and lame Bigfoot Museum. :) Thank you for letting me know how it was. Things described as ‘good for kids’ are things DH and I generally avoid. B) But you are right, if we are ever in the area, we will probably visit it.....just for the laugh. Anyhow, I am sorry you aren’t feeling quite as well. Hopefully you get some more solid answers from your blood work.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workouts were Gentle Yoga and Barre. It was a struggle getting through the classes given my stiffness and aches. I left a message for the rheumatologist but I've yet to hear back which is very upsetting. I canceled my yoga classes for tomorrow because my hands are hurting and I can't put weight on them.

Laurel, how nice that you got to play golf during the weekend! Fabulous workouts!
    DH thinks that if you're into Big Foot you would like the museum. Now that I think about there were more adults there than children! I think it will be good for a few laughs. You must see Big Foot's poop!
    I'm getting discouraged by this rheumatologist. I can't believe no one called me back or that I have to wait till July 8th to see her.

Good night Ladies!
    Thelma
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hello Ladies!!

Well, one thing down...the leak is fixed. Turns out something wasn't tightened in the shower pan, which left standing water after using the shower, which leaked to our family room ceiling. Now, we just have to get the shower doors fixed. The company isn't talking with my hubby, but I don't think they realize talking to me will be worse. Giving them a couple more days to call my hubby back and then there will be a visit to the showroom to deal with the guy that is giving us the runaround! At least the shower is now functional, it's just really challenging getting in/out of the shower with only 14" of clearance!

No workouts for me in the last week. We've been busy with yard work, projects around the house and working on housetraining the puppy. My next door neighbor has been in the hospital for 22 days with some lung issues, so me and the boys have been helping her hubby and kids with yard work and anything we can around the house. We spent several hours there yesterday helping out. She has beautiful flower gardens, but with being hospitalized the weeds have taken over. Felt good to help out!

Thelma, yay on no celiac! I've heard prednisolone can be very helpful, but I'm sure as you are weaning off, it is causing the stiffness to return. I have a good friend with rhuematoid arthritis that I think finally found some sort of relief, but it's one of those very expensive new medications on the market, so takes quite a bit of effort monthly to get her prescription. Hopefully you can get some answers from the doctor that works for the stiffness and also will be kind to your stomach as well--just wish you didn't have to wait so long and could get a call back! Good job getting in movement when you can. Glad you had a nice weekend of visiting with your BIL.

Laurie, I'm chuckling with your weather comments, as I'm right there with you. I think today is the first day in over a week with no rain in the forecast! I'm looking forward to some sun, but not the high humidity, heat and storms coming over the weekend. At least the sun should lighten everyone's moods around here and allow everyone to get outside and get some fresh air! Great job on the RAW workouts, I love that Tatum is instructing some as well. She is very likable and easy to follow!

Laurel, great workout mixes...they sound so fun! I think I've done some of those, as they sound familiar. I love that she takes the workouts on DVD and slightly changes them for Live workouts. Makes it fun, but also offers some variety as well. Sounds like a nice weekend and some golf time is always nice. My boys have started golfing on Tuesdays and Fridays and love it. They offer $3 green fees for 9 holes or $5 for 18 holes for kids at the courses in our area, which is so great. Gives me some quiet work time and them some time with friends!

Tami, sounds like you are keeping busy at work, which I'm sure makes the days go fast! We are starting to pick up again, so the days are flying by, which is never a bad thing. I'm just enjoying my evenings free of sports, as that will end once school starts back up! Great workouts and everytime I see a Peloton commercial, I think of you! Glad you are still having fun with it!

Hopefully I'm able to get back on later this week to say hi. I'm planning to visit my neighbor at the hospital sometime this week and have some work being done on the house Friday, so we'll see if I end up with some free time later this week.

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I started today’s workout with Fit Split Pull. I had planned to do F/S Mixed Impact Cardio into Cathe Live Mixed Impact Cardio and Core.....and I did the Fit Split portion of that. But 10 minutes in to the second workout I got a phone call from my MIL telling me the (second) sale on their house fell through....and she was pretty upset. So talking to her was far more important. I did do the core work after getting off the phone, and I may try the full combo again later in the week. I feel so sorry for my MIL because she is so determined to move, and things just aren’t working out for them right now.

Thelma, I am sorry the aches and swelling have returned. I totally understand your frustration with the rheumatologist. I am still upset (four months later) that the news about my torn calf was delivered to me by the clinic receptionist....and only after I called them. :o If I were dealing with the issues you are dealing with (which are far more serious than my leg), I would be so disheartened and upset. Poor customer/patient service seems to be the rule instead of the exception anymore, and I can’t quite figure out how it got to this point. Wish I had a recommendation on how to get some answers more quickly for you!

Erika, I am glad you got your leak fixed. Sounds like a similar issue to the one we had. I am sorry about the shower door guy, though. Sounds like us and our home warranty people. We will need a baseboard and paint from the leak repair, and they are just ignoring every phone call and text. It is driving me crazy! Like I said to Thelma, it seems this kind of ‘service’ is becoming a norm. Anyhow, how wonderful that you are helping out your neighbor like that. I hope she is able to come home soon. I can’t imagine being in the hospital that long. :o Enjoy your rain-free week. My sisters in Denver are both looking forward to less rain as well. Glad to hear your sons are enjoying golf. Those are fantastic fees!!! I love that golf seems to recognize the need to encourage young people to play it and are doing so by reducing the cost. The cost of golf and the time required to play are huge impediments to the game these days, that’s for sure. For me, I love four hours of walking through trees on nice green grass, but not everybody has the luxury of that time, that’s for sure. But it sounds like you are enjoying the time it gives you to do what you need to do! :D Talk about a win-win!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workout was a low impact JS workout and a little vacuuming. I still don't have a new prescription. If I don't get one tomorrow I am going to another doctor. I am so used to my doctors being so responsive and this just isn't right.

Erika, glad the shower leak problem is resolved! I have the feeling you'll have to visit the showroom to get the doors replaced though.
    How nice of you and your family to help your neighbor! Bless you!

I'm thrilled about being celiac free. I'm loving the Udy's GF bread and bagels!
    Prednisolone helps but clearly I need a steady dose, not a decreasing dose.

Laurel, great workouts!! OMG, about the second sale of your in-laws fell through. I don't blame your MIL for being so upset.

I am very frustrated with this new rheumatologist. What kind of doctor lets their patient suffer for days! It's a good thing I'm not on my death bed! This is definitely poor customer/patient service. I have the name of another rheumatologist and if I don't get a prescription tomorrow I am calling this other doctor.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Fit Split Push followed by Fit Split Shred Cardio, the Calorie Crush from LITE Cardio Party and LITE Six Pack Abs 1. Felt good.

Thelma, good job with the workout. I don’t blame you at all for considering a change of doctor. I think it is pretty outrageous that you can’t get the results of your blood tests for almost another two weeks....and that is after having waited a week already. I certainly hope another doctor would be more responsive. I wish I could offer some good ideas on how this could be better, but I can’t. I just hope you can find a better resolution soon.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Well Happy Wednesday! :) Sorry I have been so out of touch this month … dang it. Like I said before, my afternoon just gets super busy and then it is time to go. Maybe I should start checking in every day in the a.m. LOL Workouts: Monday, BootCamp with Katy … was a great class and normal Katy style of “As Many Reps As Possible” in 1 minute. Upper body, lower body, abs and cardio bursts. Peloton, Lite Upper Pyramid, Lite Lower Pyramid. I have a meeting for that builder we are supporting again tonight.

I promise I will catch up with you ladies …. Also, real quick. DH has had 2 rides on the Peloton. He had his annual physical last Friday and the doctor told him he really needs to get some exercise. Must have sunk in. He got on the bike that day for 5 min and yesterday for 20. WooHoo!!!! I am trying not to make a big deal out of it other than supporting him and asking if he has questions.

Miss you all and can’t wait to see how you are all doing! I will read through the week tomorrow a.m. so I can catch up. ;)

Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe’s live spin class from last week called Go The Distance. I followed it with Cathe’s Supersets workout from her Body Blast series and did the Lower Body Blast premix. Good stuff.

Tami, happy to see you! Glad to hear you are staying busy AND getting some great workouts in as well! Yay on DH getting on the Peloton!! I hope the doctor talking to him did sink in and he sticks with it (or something he enjoys) even if it is only a few days a week. Something is so much better than nothing! Miss you and hope you keep checking in when you can through this busy time.

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, a little update. I finally got prednisone yesterday but small doses twice a day. I feel much better but my right food has a mega case of plantar fasciitis. I've been pretty much bedridden the last two days because it hurts so much to walk. I should probably use my crutches!
    The weather has turned hot here. Temps are in the mid to high 80's during the day and 60's at night.

Laurel, great workouts!
    It really is outrageous that I can't get my blood results. I know they have them already and they haven't posted them on my patient portal. I had to threaten them with looking for a new doctor if they didn't give a new prescription yesterday. Yesterday afternoon I got a call that prescription had been called in for me. As soon as I get the blood work results I am planning on sending them to my previous rheumatologist for a second opinion.

Tami, great job with your workouts! I'm so excited about your DH using the Peloton!! Good strategy about not making a big deal about him using the bike!

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Well better late than missing out on another day with my MFP ladies. :) You ladies are truly my pals and I miss it when I don’t get to “check in” at least. Today was LIS Upper Body Tri-sets. I figured it counted as a Supersets style workout, right?!?! Was calling my name and felt great. I forgot to mention in my brief check in the other day that Katy was very nice to me on Monday at BootCamp. She didn’t make it awkward that I am not there as much. I appreciated that. She also had 2 other ladies come to class that hadn’t been there in a super long time. She truly just likes having her peeps there I think.

Thelma: I am so sorry to hear that your doctor is such a disappointment for you and unresponsive. Nothing more frustrating than someone not taking your health as seriously as you need, especially after all the waiting. I am glad the prednisone helped and you felt a difference today. YAY for that. Despite the struggles you continue to do what you can with your yoga and that is so great! What a testimony of perseverance through it all and pushing to be healthy. I truly hope you can find a good doctor and care for what you are going through. Sooner than later for sure.

Laurel: Awesome combos (as always) and love the sound of that spin class! that is so disheartening for your MIL I am sure on the deals falling through. Of course being in the real estate industry all these years I have seen so many people go through the same thing. It WILL happen, it just takes the air out of your sails many times beforehand. Sorry for them. But I will think positive that it will happen!! Very fun that you and DH were able to go golfing last weekend.

Laurie: Great job with your workouts as well and hope you are having a good week!

I cannot tell you ladies how happy I was when I found out DH got on the Peloton (finally) all by himself, set up his own sign on and just went for it. I did tell him in brief discussions we had to start with one of the beginning classes they offer. Otherwise he would be hating life and not want to get back on. He did listen and even though he tried to go “full guns blazing” from the start on his first ride (which was 5 min) because he went too hard and too much resistance, he took it easier on the next one. Here’s hoping he will continue. Fishing season is ramping up a little bit so it might be hit and miss. :( His doctor did tell him “something” even “anything” is better than what he is doing. That he needs to lose some weight and he will feel better. So however he delivered the message DH is taking it to heart. He mentioned when he was gone this fall to put the Peloton in the trailer?!? I tried to remain neutral with my expression ..... he was kidding. He usually barely has time to eat when he is fishing full time.

I hope you all have a great Fri-YAY tomorrow! We are supposed to have a huge day of transactions closing tomorrow. Doesn’t really affect me as far as my position in the Title Dept. but definitely a high pressure environment to sit in all day. Also, I will be back in my dept. without the lady I trained, she is off tomorrow. So I will be nice & steady with work, instead of “sharing” the responsibilities with her and wondering what’s next. With that being said, the training is still very slooooooooow and not really anything “new” for me which is a bummer but I did find out today but our file “recorder” is going to be gone in August so I will be training with her next week! YAY, finally something to learn.

I will check in tomorrow ........ Tami

• StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Body Blast Supersets Upper Body Blast. I have never meshed with the Body Blast Supersets workout, but I found this upper body premix a few years ago and, honestly, it is one of my favorite Cathe upper body workouts. I think the reason I don’t like the standard Supersets workout is putting the leg work in to each set takes too much of the workload off the upper body for too long so it doesn’t feel too intense.....especially since the lower body work is relatively benign. Without the lower body work....and doubling the upper body sets..... :o . Good stuff! For cardio, I did Cathe Live Kick, Box and Bags, which is her live version of LITE Rev’d Up Rumble. Fun!

Thelma, I am so glad you got some more prednisone. I am glad the doctor finally responded with some medication. I think it is a great idea to send your bloodwork results to your former doctor. Two opinions are always better than one, especially when one of the opinions comes from somebody familiar with your history. I am sorry to hear about the PF flaring up. That is NO fun. I hope it eases up soon. Like you, our summer weather has finally arrived! B) We will be in the 90s all of next week. People are complaining, but I am ready for some really hot weather. I was talking to my sister the other day (where they have had an unusually chilly spring in Denver) and saying that knowing autumn is just three months away.....I need heat to make me want autumn!! Apparently the 18 months in Alaska still has me preferring warm to cold, and I am hoping a miserably hot summer will give me more balance. :)

Tami, I think the LIS Trisets workouts are perfect for just about anything! :D Honestly, the Fit Split workouts aren’t really Supersets either, but I put them in because some of the body parts are done using supersets.....and so that is enough to give me a reason to do them. :p Glad to hear Katy was nicer to you this week. I have no doubt she takes so much pride in her work that her questioning you that time was more for her own feedback need than trying to put you on the spot. But it still put you on the spot! I am so happy your DH is enjoying the Peloton so much he joked about taking it fishing!! I love that!! My DH is back again talking about working out, and I am trying to just ask him some questions without telling him to do anything. I have learned he definitely does not want my workout advice. But, for instance, I asked him when he wants to workout, and he has settled on right after work. So I think the most supportive thing I can do is just not have dinner ready at all when he gets home. That way I have given him no apparent reason to skip a workout, and it is his choice whether he does or not. We’ll see how this works. I go to bed pretty early so I don’t relish the idea of eating an hour later, but if that is what it takes.....it will be SO worth it!

Enjoy the weekend!!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies!

Sorry for the MIA spurts here...I feel like even though sports are at a minimum, I'm finding myself soaking up my "I'm doing nothing" time! I'm still working on the ICE/RWH combo, just doing more of an every other day routine right now. Lots of yard projects, house projects, etc.

New shower doors are on order after I left a message for the installation manager that I was going to call the city inspector to come out and fine them for not meeting code if he didn't call me back. Weird how that resulted in a very fast response! They will be in later this month and then we hopefully should be all set. Painter comes end of the month as we are due for an all interior paint job. Friday was a new water heater and air to air exchanger...now maybe we are done for awhile on the house stuff!

This weekend was a tough one...my neighbor that's been in the hospital went downhill Friday night and her husband notified all friends/family to come to say goodbyes over the weekend. I went Saturday when she was still able to recognize who I am and say a few words through her oxygen mask. It was soooo sad. I made a promise to myself that I would make sure her dog (who is slowly dying) was taken care of while the family spent the weekend at the hospital and also make sure all of her flowers and feeders were safe (we had some bad storms over the weekend) and taken care of regularly. That is one thing we loved doing was hanging outside together admiring each others yards, flowers, bird feeders, etc through the fence. My wonderful friend ended up passing away on Sunday with all of her family and close friends surrounding her. I'm a huge believer in signs (I'm one of those people that often gets "messages" that come to me either in my sleep or other, that end up being very important to the family once I tell them. Well, this one was kind of interesting...Denise LOVED birds...I can't even tell you how many feeders she has. I'd say starting on Friday, we kept seeing cardinals flying around in our yard and over to hers and back again. This continued Friday and Saturday and my hubby and I decided to go get another feeder for our yard to keep the birds coming around. As we were at the supply store, my husband found a plaque that said that when you see a cardinal, it's a sign from someone in heaven. I totally believe she's sending them to our house and hers as a sign. It's so crazy and cool...I took some pictures to share with her husband, when the time is right.

Thelma, I'm glad the prednisone is helping, but that darn foot! Too bad it doesn't help PF as well! Your temps remind me of what we've been having here...hot, humid and we have storm chances all week. I'll be glad when we get rid of the humidity :) Good job moving your body, when it feels up to it.

Laurel, great workout choices, they sound fun! Bummer on the sale falling through for your in laws. That is the absolute worst, especially when you are ready to move on. Hopefully your bathroom gets all resolved...maybe we will have a contest on who gets theirs resolved first!

Laurie, I hope you had a nice weekend and didn't get hit with the storms that rolled through last night. Hard to tell which direction they were going from here, but we were all up at around 1am because the house was shaking from the thunder. My son also said his bed was shaking because the floors were rumbling. The puppy was who woke us all up though, he was scared of the thunder I guess!

Tami, I love hearing about your husband using the Peloton! I actually was talking with my husband about a Peloton the other day and he said he'd entertain the idea. I'll see if he's still up for it after all of our home projects are done and paid for! Great job on the workouts!

I may not be on here again this week, as I believe we'll have a funeral to go to and with the 4th coming up, we may be out and about visiting friends and family. If I don't talk to you before then, have a great 4th of July!

Erika