Less Alcohol - June 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,543 Member
    I am going to set my June goals for 4-5 AF days per week. I tried 5 AF days per week in May, but didn't quite get there.
    May was 18 AF days for me, would have been more, but the warm weather and sweating it out in the garden led to some rum punches, as did being away. It might be challenging during the summer months, but I am going to try to have some discipline.

June 01 - AF - going out of town in the morning, kind of expect to have a few drinks Sunday.
    June 02 - 1/2 bottle of red wine
    June 03 - 3 drinks - 2 days in a row, such a no-no. Definitely don't want to drift back into daily drinks, I will have to get a handle on it.
    June 04 - AF - It was a bit of a struggle to do AF after 2 days in a row of drinks.
    June 05 - AF - sort of reluctantly, but I know that the scale won't move unless I do AF days.
    June 06 - 3 drinks. I really need to get back on track, my weight is starting to creep up. So glad to have this forum, it really does help with accountability. I have a show at a bar that I have tickets to on Saturday night, but I am going to try to save money and calories and not order any alcohol. I have to be AF today (the 7th) so I can at least make it to 4AF days for the week.
    June 07 - AF - Just squeaked out 4AF days for the week. Yesterday I had a tooth extraction and was told no alcohol, but had 3 drinks!
    June 08 - 3 drinks - I need to rack up some more AF days.
    June 09 - AF
    June 10 - AF
    June 11 - 3 drinks - Game 7 of the NHL playoffs tonight, but can't have drinks 2 days in a row so will resist.
    June 12 - AF - Yahoo St. Louis Blues after waiting 52 years : - )
    June 13 - 3 drinks and the NBA championship came to Canada for the first time : - )
    June 14 - AF - If I didn't need this day to get to 4AF for the week...well, doesn't matter, glad that I have given myself the challenge. Big weekend ahead in my town. We usually have Bailey's and coffee and watch the parade from my porch. Might or might not. Hit my 4 AF for the second week - just.
    June 15 - 3 drinks - I was pouring the Bailey's and coffee in the morning, but had coffee cream in mine instead. Small victory, the first year that I didn't have it on the morning of the parade. I did have a few drinks later though. Looks like I am almost having drinks every second day this month. Need to rack up more AF days for sure.
    June 16 - AF

Running tally - 9 AF days out of 16 days so far
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    My weekend update:
    June 1 goal 0 / actual 1 beer
    June 2 goal 0 / actual 5 beers
    June 3 goal 0 / actual 2 beers.
    June 4 goal 0 / actual Tied one on...…..
    June 5 goal 0 / actual AF
    June 6 goal 0 / actual AF
    June 7 goal....? / actual...….planning AF tonight. Will be my first Friday AF......nope....finished painting my office and the beer went down real easy. 7 of them as a matter of fact :(
    June 8 goal 4 / actual AF
    June 9 goal AF / actual 4 beers. I learned I no longer need to biy my beer in 12 packs. I can do a six pack and be fine.
    June 10 goal AF / actual AF
    June 11 goal AF / actual AF
    June 12 goal AF / actual AF
    June 13 goal AF / actual 1 beer.
    June 14 goal...…??? / actual 5 1/2 beers.
    I was partially successful.
    Negative: I chose to go to the liquor store after work
    Positive: I asked for a six pack. Surprisingly they don't carry my beer of choice in a 6 pack....so yup....I bought the 12 pack.
    Wanted one beer before heading out to the bar-b-q. I asked my husband to pack two of my beers. I packed my mocktail drink stuff and really enjoyed them. It felt good....then I started getting bored and sleepiness crept in. It was weird....so I moved to my two beers. Now almost two hours later I'm ready to drink an ICEE water....I open the cooler and THERE'S One More Beer! Lucky me...right???
    We finally get home just after midnight sat on the deck with the dogs for one more....guess what time I woke up??? It was 11:00. What a wasted away day :(
    More evidence telling me how much I want to go AF.
    June 15 goal ??? / actual 1 beer
    June 16 goal ?? / actual 1 beer and a couple sips of nasty wine I dumped.
    June 17 goal AF / actual
    June 18 goal AF / actual
    June 19 goal AF / actual
    June 20 goal AF / actual
    June 21 goal AF / actual
    June 22 goal a few drinks in the evening/ actual
    June 23 goal AF / actual
    June 24 goal AF / actual
    June 25 goal AF / actual
    June 26 goal AF / actual
    June 27 goal AF / actual
    June 28 goal 3 beers / actual
    June 29 goal 2 beers / actual
    June 30 goal 1 beer / actual.

@orpha I re-read your comment about whose fault it is for this alcohol being such a B..... I like your thinking
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,542 Member
    edited June 2019
    Ke22yB wrote: »
    Over the years I have found I can enjoy social events cook outs sitting in restaurants or bars with friends and not drink. Everyone just accepted I wasn’t drinking anymore for personal health reasons
    These were all “ reasons “ I used to think 🤔 were valid reasons to drink now realize they were just excuses to give up self control
    My daily runs now are over 60 minutes
    This is now my “ happy hour “

@Ke22yB it is always great to hear from you. You give positive reinforcement that a bad habit can be over come and replaced with what truely makes us happy. Thanks again for stopping in.

And welcome to @ConquerDestroy and @johnthomasmoore.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am going to set my June goals for 4-5 AF days per week. I tried 5 AF days per week in May, but didn't quite get there.
    May was 18 AF days for me, would have been more, but the warm weather and sweating it out in the garden led to some rum punches, as did being away. It might be challenging during the summer months, but I am going to try to have some discipline.

June 01 - AF - going out of town in the morning, kind of expect to have a few drinks Sunday.
    June 03 - 3 drinks - 2 days in a row, such a no-no. Definitely don't want to drift back into daily drinks, I will have to get a handle on it.
    June 04 - AF - It was a bit of a struggle to do AF after 2 days in a row of drinks.
    June 05 - AF - sort of reluctantly, but I know that the scale won't move unless I do AF days.
    June 06 - 3 drinks. I really need to get back on track, my weight is starting to creep up. So glad to have this forum, it really does help with accountability. I have a show at a bar that I have tickets to on Saturday night, but I am going to try to save money and calories and not order any alcohol. I have to be AF today (the 7th) so I can at least make it to 4AF days for the week.
    June 07 - AF - Just squeaked out 4AF days for the week. Yesterday I had a tooth extraction and was told no alcohol, but had 3 drinks!
    June 09 - AF
    June 10 - AF
    June 11 - 3 drinks - Game 7 of the NHL playoffs tonight, but can't have drinks 2 days in a row so will resist.
    June 13 - 3 drinks and the NBA championship came to Canada for the first time : - )
    June 14 - AF - If I didn't need this day to get to 4AF for the week...well, doesn't matter, glad that I have given myself the challenge. Big weekend ahead in my town. We usually have Bailey's and coffee and watch the parade from my porch. Might or might not. Hit my 4 AF for the second week - just.
    June 15 - 3 drinks - I was pouring the Bailey's and coffee in the morning, but had coffee cream in mine instead. Small victory, the first year that I didn't have it on the morning of the parade. I did have a few drinks later though. Looks like I am almost having drinks every second day this month. Need to rack up more AF days for sure.
    June 16 - AF
    June 17 - AF

Running tally - 10 AF days out of 17 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy

June 09 - AF
    June 10 - AF
    June 16 - AF
    June 17 - AF
    June 18 - AF

Running tally - 11 AF days out of 18 days so far
  • renpup
    renpup Posts: 15 Member
    I had two evenings where I wanted to "relax" with a beer or two after a long day (hiking with the family on Father's Day, took the kids to an amusement park all day yesterday), but I refrained. If I don't drink tonight (and I have zero plans to do so), then I'll now have more AF days in June than days when I drank.

I'm down a smidge in weight and feeling motivated to track my eating more closely. Thankful for this board!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    edited June 2019
    @forestdweller1 that was a lovely thing you did, thanking him for your kids. Even though you no longer had a connection, you stepped up and did it for your kids. Very gracious for them, and for him.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Didn’t go out after practice tonight because I didn’t want to drink. “saving” this one for the weekend. We have a big Dragon Boat race this weekend and it’s usually a drink-fest afterwards. Going to plan on just two for Friday and Saturday night.

One of my tennis partners brought champagne to wrap up the season yesterday- I took one sip and I just couldn’t drink it. Months ago I would have had two glasses!

• AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    I haven't been very good at logging in daily here......probably because I just don't know what to say...how can I explain my bad choices. I know I don't "have to" explain, but I feel like it. It's part of the accountability, the learning. I am still trying. I listed to a couple of youtube motivations last night. I needed to do that because part of me was thinking about just not even trying this AF anymore...….really, crossing my thought path often. I am still here though, focusing on drinking "less". What ever that means. Thank you for always being here. This group has been so helpful.

June 1 goal 0 / actual 1 beer
    June 2 goal 0 / actual 5 beers
    June 3 goal 0 / actual 2 beers.
    June 4 goal 0 / actual Tied one on...…..
    June 5 goal 0 / actual AF
    June 6 goal 0 / actual AF
    June 7 goal....? / actual...….planning AF tonight. Will be my first Friday AF......nope....finished painting my office and the beer went down real easy. 7 of them as a matter of fact :(
    June 8 goal 4 / actual AF
    June 9 goal AF / actual 4 beers. I learned I no longer need to buy my beer in 12 packs. I can do a six pack and be fine.
    June 10 goal AF / actual AF
    June 11 goal AF / actual AF
    June 12 goal AF / actual AF
    June 13 goal AF / actual 1 beer.
    June 14 goal...…??? / actual 5 1/2 beers.
    I was partially successful.
    Negative: I chose to go to the liquor store after work
    Positive: I asked for a six pack. Surprisingly they don't carry my beer of choice in a 6 pack....so yup....I bought the 12 pack.
    Wanted one beer before heading out to the bar-b-q. I asked my husband to pack two of my beers. I packed my mocktail drink stuff and really enjoyed them. It felt good....then I started getting bored and sleepiness crept in. It was weird....so I moved to my two beers. Now almost two hours later I'm ready to drink an ICEE water....I open the cooler and THERE'S One More Beer! Lucky me...right???
    We finally get home just after midnight sat on the deck with the dogs for one more....guess what time I woke up??? It was 11:00. What a wasted away day :(
    More evidence telling me how much I want to go AF.
    June 15 goal ??? / actual 1 beer
    June 17 goal AF / actual 1 beer
    June 18 goal AF / actual 7 beers ;(
    June 19 goal AF / actual 1 beer
    June 20 goal AF / actual
    June 21 goal AF / actual
    June 22 goal a few drinks in the evening/ actual. Going to be out at the lake for a weekend. Was told the cove our house is at is the "party cove" of the lake...yikes. 4 grandkids and 2 others with us. They will keep us all in check.
    June 23 goal AF / actual
    June 24 goal AF / actual
    June 25 goal AF / actual
    June 26 goal AF / actual
    June 27 goal AF / actual
    June 28 goal 3 beers / actual
    June 29 goal 2 beers / actual
    June 30 goal 1 beer / actual.
  • dawnbgethealthy

June 09 - AF
    June 10 - AF
    June 16 - AF
    June 17 - AF
    June 18 - AF
    June 19 - 3 drinks

Running tally - 12 AF days out of 19 days so far
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    @MissMay I still love this thread, and it's helped me so much, but my increasing enthusiasm for life and volunteer activities in my home town mean I need to offload some duties.

Would you be so very kind as to take over the role of starting our monthly new thread each month?

I think everyone would be happy to see you be responsible for its continuation, knowing your lovely support for us all.