Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

1656667686971»

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,822Member Member Posts: 6,822Member Member
    wbx9pgkif8vg.jpeg Made this this afternoon - made a bit extra (about 1.5x the original), skipped the vanilla extract since I didn’t have any, and replaced the Greek yogurt with Skyr (Icelandic yogurt, which is still quite high in protein)! Didn’t add anything in, so that I can use different jams/fruit/peanut butter/cocoa flavours :) from the recipe that I made, each slice is 188 cal and 15g protein! Thanks OP!

Nice!!!! Glad you made it.
  • danisa123danisa123 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    I have made this several times. Today I added 1/4 tsp of maple extract, Mmmm!
  • egbert2016egbert2016 Posts: 33Member Member Posts: 33Member Member
    I'm new to MFP and just found this recipe. I binge-read all 71 pages! It looks amazing and all the varieties sound so tempting. I am looking forward to giving it a try!

I overdosed on protein ice cream today and can't imagine trying anything else sweet for a couple of days though. I'm not much of a sweet tooth to begin with and my cravings usually involve salt, cheese, chips and that sort of thing. So here's my question... has anyone tried using unsweetened protein powder and savory mix-ins and/or toppings? I'm wondering if the lack of sweetener will make a difference in the chemistry of the original base recipe Here are the mix-in ideas that have popped into my head:

*Spinach, artichoke and parmesan with a crushed tortilla chip on top

*Ham, swiss and asparagus with a crushed potato chip on top

*Jalapeno, ham and cheddar with a crushed tortilla chip on top

*Turkey pepperoni and mozzarella with fresh basil on top
  • cricketbird1cricketbird1 Posts: 16Member Member Posts: 16Member Member
    Looks great!!
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Chadxx wrote: »
    I am definitely trying this but I make no promises about not eating the whole thing.

It might have happened to me.

egbert2016 wrote: »
    I'm new to MFP and just found this recipe. I binge-read all 71 pages! It looks amazing and all the varieties sound so tempting. I am looking forward to giving it a try!

I overdosed on protein ice cream today and can't imagine trying anything else sweet for a couple of days though. I'm not much of a sweet tooth to begin with and my cravings usually involve salt, cheese, chips and that sort of thing. So here's my question... has anyone tried using unsweetened protein powder and savory mix-ins and/or toppings? I'm wondering if the lack of sweetener will make a difference in the chemistry of the original base recipe Here are the mix-in ideas that have popped into my head:

*Spinach, artichoke and parmesan with a crushed tortilla chip on top

*Ham, swiss and asparagus with a crushed potato chip on top

*Jalapeno, ham and cheddar with a crushed tortilla chip on top

*Turkey pepperoni and mozzarella with fresh basil on top

Lack of sweetener? Not at all. It just wont taste like much.
    All the addins and mixins you want to add. Ohhhhhhhh hell yea!!!
    Baking something, even as simple as this, does not equal crock pot cooking.
    edited April 17
  • egbert2016egbert2016 Posts: 33Member Member Posts: 33Member Member
    I tried a savory cheesecake and have to report that it is AMAZING!! It is also incredibly filling. I used unflavored whey protein and mixed in artichoke hearts, spinach and parmesan. I added half a packet of Knorr vegetable soup mix for flavor. I warm it up a little before eating it. So satisfying!
    egbert2016 wrote: »
    I tried a savory cheesecake and have to report that it is AMAZING!! It is also incredibly filling. I used unflavored whey protein and mixed in artichoke hearts, spinach and parmesan. I added half a packet of Knorr vegetable soup mix for flavor. I warm it up a little before eating it. So satisfying!

Give this a go. This will work much much better as a savory offering.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10728208/firm-block-cottage-cheese-bake-recipe#latest
  • Kimmotion5783Kimmotion5783 Posts: 407Member Member Posts: 407Member Member
    Thank OP, I'll have to try it sometime. Sounds delicious!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Posts: 3,942Member Member Posts: 3,942Member Member
    think about this y'all...

One piece of jebu8s43mk9j.png
    this Cheesecake Factory 'Original' Cheesecake is 800 calories...ONE piece

This whole creation you created is for the WHOLE damn thing...looks way more enticing too

Thanks for sharing!
  • MsOpusMsOpus Posts: 68Member Member Posts: 68Member Member
    This looks amazing and I'm going to try it.
    Is there a crust of some kind on it? The pic looks like there is a crust.
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 5,024Member, Premium Member Posts: 5,024Member, Premium Member
    Wow. Just wow. 😍
  • mrchrisjonesmfpmrchrisjonesmfp Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Do you have any sort of biscuit base on this??
    Do you have any sort of biscuit base on this??

I am pretty sure these recipes I post could not be simpler or anymore clear. No.