What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    J72FIT wrote: »
    061919 - Pavel’s fighter pull-up program day 6 (off day).
    Yoga and press handstand core strength drills.

062019 - Pavel’s fighter pull-up program day 7, handstand push-up GTG.
    Yoga.
    Arnold press, hip hugger and side lateral raise supersets...

Congratulations on completing week #1.

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    J72FIT wrote: »
    061919 - Pavel’s fighter pull-up program day 6 (off day).
    Yoga and press handstand core strength drills.

062019 - Pavel’s fighter pull-up program day 7, handstand push-up GTG.
    Yoga.
    Arnold press, hip hugger and side lateral raise supersets...

Congratulations on completing week #1.

Thx! I was pleasantly surprised this morning with how day 7 went.
  • J72FIT
    edited June 2019
    Curious about what your workout exercises were for your Tabata workout. Very tough stuff. I've done it with burpees and rep count variance was noticeable comparing first round to eighth round.

Yeah Tabatas are no joke. When I do them, all I can do is collapse at the end expecting my heart to burst out of my chest...
  • dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    Cathy Lower Body/Upper Body Dumbbell Challenge Live.
    I may not be able to move from the neck down for a few days :o
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Had a fairly easy (for me) day today

30min hill training pulling trainer up a hill, such fun....not
    45min circuits class really hard
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited June 2019
    Wanted to push a bit today. I try to push it twice a week when I'm feeling up to it. There's a belief among rowers (and runners) that you should do fast intervals and longer intervals once a week each, provided that you're doing enough "mileage" -- roughly an 80/20 split between easy and hard.

Well, I haven't pushed hard on the rower in a while. Did 2 sets of 5 minutes harder @ 28 SPM/2:03 pace (that's per 500m). After that, hopped on the Air Dyne and did 4 more 5 minute sets hard with 5 minutes of active recovery after each -- tried to keep those all over 250 Watts. Most were 260 plus.

Started the day with intervals of 20 pushups, 15 or so either weighted squats or weighted bridges, and 10 or so dumbell presses each arm along with my thoracic exercises X 5 sets.

Swimming for fun tonight.

Oh, after four years no HRM, I ordered one today. Should be fun doing HR based workouts again. I need something to keep me interested. Either I get pretty serious about racing in the Winter soon or I won't be able to race this Winter in the Indoor meets. Phoenix used to have some serious competitors for indoor in my age range, including one OTW that was a former Olympic Silver medalist. Was hoping to race him this next year (and get crushed but it would be fun).
  • pierinifitness
    Oh, after four years no HRM, I ordered one today. Should be fun doing HR based workouts again. I need something to keep me interested. Either I get pretty serious about racing in the Winter soon or I won't be able to race this Winter in the Indoor meets. Phoenix used to have some serious competitors for indoor in my age range, including one OTW that was a former Olympic Silver medalist. Was hoping to race him this next year (and get crushed but it would be fun).

What did you buy?

• MikePfirrman
    edited June 2019

What did you buy?

I went with a really cheap one that's Bluetooth -- CooSpo. Around $30 because I wanted to get my wife one too. I've bought many of them in the past and I've had trouble with every one of them after a while. The ones that work best are the old Polars that weren't Bluetooth. Since they've gone Bluetooth, no one really has figured out how to make them perfect, IMO, so I just went cheap. Though it had as good of ratings on Amazon as all the other more expensive ones.

If this one doesn't work well, I'll likely just go back "old school" and get an old wrist one that has the strap programmed to it. Those were so reliable and lasted for years. I haven't had a Bluetooth one yet last more than a month or two of heavy use.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    50 min elliptical

40 mountain climbers
    40 squats
    10 push ups
    20 lunges
    30 jumping jacks
    20 crunches
    Repeat 3x
  • pierinifitness
    6/20/2019 - last day of Spring 2019 at park late afternoon 88F degrees and nice - run 5:40 walk 0:20 for 5.0 miles in 50:42.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Bike ride, series of walks.
  • TMertell
    TMertell Posts: 6 Member
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    hplmily3pb2g.png

2 hours of pole conditioning

Wow!
  • TMertell
    TMertell Posts: 6 Member
    Pilates
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Lawn work, 160+ minutes.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    If it's Thursday, there was a spin class in the AM. If it's mid-June, there was helping with learn-to-row class in the evening.

What did you buy?

I went with a really cheap one that's Bluetooth -- CooSpo. Around $30 because I wanted to get my wife one too. I've bought many of them in the past and I've had trouble with every one of them after a while. The ones that work best are the old Polars that weren't Bluetooth. Since they've gone Bluetooth, no one really has figured out how to make them perfect, IMO, so I just went cheap. Though it had as good of ratings on Amazon as all the other more expensive ones.

If this one doesn't work well, I'll likely just go back "old school" and get an old wrist one that has the strap programmed to it. Those were so reliable and lasted for years. I haven't had a Bluetooth one yet last more than a month or two of heavy use.

FWIW, my Garmin Vivoactive 3 comes close enough on spm for C2 workouts (not perfect: spitball), correlated time-wise with HR, to be useful. Need the Ant+ chest belt tor sure, though. I don't do Ergdata or the like, given my low commitment to machine rowing, so can't speak to integration for serious machine rowers like yourself. Fun toy, in general; decent guide for HR-based conditioning. As in all things, YMMV. ;)
  • J72FIT
    Deadlifts and a 20 minute walk on an incline...
  • dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    Cathy Crossfire
    50 minutes of tabata and HIIT mix.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Friday.

100 challenge with PT
    1 mile run
    100 trx rows
    100 squats-
    100 press ups
    100 sit ups
    1 mile run.

Another mile run down to the gym to warm up ready to deadlift

Final lift of the 5/3/1 deload week, deadlifts.
    Plus 5x10@45kg sumo deadlifts
    3x10 kettlebell single leg deadlifts
    3x10 kettlebell straight leg deadlifts

Total body conditioning class, 45min

2 mile run/walk with my 5yo
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Another steady state 7K row on the water, in the double. And that's all for today. I think. :)
  • MikePfirrman
    30 minutes slow on the rower, slightly over 6K followed by 30 on the AirDyne Pro, very slow -- all recovery work.