Wrinkles?

Options
2»

Replies

• lunchboxchuck
    lunchboxchuck Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    not sure about the face but i'm getting a boob job once i hit year 2 of maintenance. i miss the boobs i had when i was obese lol.

I love being flat chested for once, actually, but what is left looks really, really gross and weird, so I just want the minimum to fill in the fried eggs.
  • lunchboxchuck
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I promise it gets better. I personally do use Botox between the brows and don’t begrudge anyone a little help to combat aging - but once you’re in maintenance for a bit, it will fill back out a bit. It just takes a bit of time for the “redistribution”. BTW, I’m 54 and lost #75.

I get Botox between the brows and on my forehead. I did that before the weight loss. I wish I didn't *need* to move my mouth! Heh.

I guess I'll see what happens before fillers and the boob job.

I get Botox for my marionette lines every three months along with my brow and forehead. Just a smidge--4 or 5 units a side. It doesn't eliminate them, but softens them noticeably and more importantly, has kept them from getting deeper. I've only noticed a reduction in the lines, absolutely no effect on the mobility of my mouth and lower face. You should talk to your doctor about it next time you go in!

Word! I didn't know they could do it on the marionette lines!!!!
  • lunchboxchuck
    Options
    k8eekins wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed worse aging in the face post-weight loss? And have you tried anything like fillers? I'm 36 and I lost about 50 lbs, which I'm maintaining well and recomping. My body is varying degrees of wrecked (abs under stretch marks... Ugh), which I can hide; but, I'm kind of sad about the face.

Once we exit the first 21 years of our lives, everything about our health and our aesthetics are at risk, demanding damage-control and preservation. I hail from a culture which is unforgiving and selective with scrutiny, so beauty protocols are essential.

You may assess and consider any from what I'll list below, all of which are my minimal and inexpensive maintenance routines, before resorting to the add-ons via a dermatologist:
    • Genetics (+/-)
    • Hydration (Water mostly)
    • Nutrition (Fats/Proteins)
    • Regeneration (Restful sleep - power naps included when needed)
    • Lifestyle (Do you smoke? Do you take medication? Do you drink? Do you take other substances?)
    • Skin exfoliation (Post-workout)
    • Skin hydration (Body hydrating spray - high altitude, extreme mountainous desert climes & seaside climes)
    • Skin protection (Strictly baby SPF/Accessories & Clothing)
    • Skin moisturisers/oils/creams/lotions (Strictly baby approved only, never for mature skin)
    • Facial massage - Maintenance massage once or twice fortnightly (Recommended by my sister 777Gemma888 who would practice on our mother's face since she came across Jane Fonda's published facial massage book, only that I apply my sister's adjustments (using my knuckles sometimes) which are more effective) * Started to inculcate it into my maintenance, since early last year.

Early 2012 I weighed 859 lbs and by Nov 2012 I signed into MFP weighing 387 lbs and by Nov 2013, I had bypassed my goal (healthy weight range), sitting between fitness: athletic aesthetics, thanks to my sister (777Gemma888), Sidesteel (of Eat Train Progress) and Acg67

Congratulations on the epic success!!
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I promise it gets better. I personally do use Botox between the brows and don’t begrudge anyone a little help to combat aging - but once you’re in maintenance for a bit, it will fill back out a bit. It just takes a bit of time for the “redistribution”. BTW, I’m 54 and lost #75.

I get Botox between the brows and on my forehead. I did that before the weight loss. I wish I didn't *need* to move my mouth! Heh.

I get Botox for my marionette lines every three months along with my brow and forehead. Just a smidge--4 or 5 units a side. It doesn't eliminate them, but softens them noticeably and more importantly, has kept them from getting deeper. I've only noticed a reduction in the lines, absolutely no effect on the mobility of my mouth and lower face. You should talk to your doctor about it next time you go in!

Yep, they inject it out to the sides and a little above my lips and I notice a distinct but subtle difference in the lines there, if that makes sense. I’d probably go for a tad more, but don’t want to risk losing movement there.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed worse aging in the face post-weight loss? And have you tried anything like fillers? I'm 36 and I lost about 50 lbs, which I'm maintaining well and recomping. My body is varying degrees of wrecked (abs under stretch marks... Ugh), which I can hide; but, I'm kind of sad about the face.

Once we exit the first 21 years of our lives, everything about our health and our aesthetics are at risk, demanding damage-control and preservation. I hail from a culture which is unforgiving and selective with scrutiny, so beauty protocols are essential.

You may assess and consider any from what I'll list below, all of which are my minimal and inexpensive maintenance routines, before resorting to the add-ons via a dermatologist:
    • Genetics (+/-)
    • Hydration (Water mostly)
    • Nutrition (Fats/Proteins)
    • Regeneration (Restful sleep - power naps included when needed)
    • Lifestyle (Do you smoke? Do you take medication? Do you drink? Do you take other substances?)
    • Skin exfoliation (Post-workout)
    • Skin hydration (Body hydrating spray - high altitude, extreme mountainous desert climes & seaside climes)
    • Skin protection (Strictly baby SPF/Accessories & Clothing)
    • Skin moisturisers/oils/creams/lotions (Strictly baby approved only, never for mature skin)
    • Facial massage - Maintenance massage once or twice fortnightly (Recommended by my sister 777Gemma888 who would practice on our mother's face since she came across Jane Fonda's published facial massage book, only that I apply my sister's adjustments (using my knuckles sometimes) which are more effective) * Started to inculcate it into my maintenance, since early last year.

Early 2012 I weighed 859 lbs and by Nov 2012 I signed into MFP weighing 387 lbs and by Nov 2013, I had bypassed my goal (healthy weight range), sitting between fitness: athletic aesthetics, thanks to my sister (777Gemma888), Sidesteel (of Eat Train Progress) and Acg67

Holy crap @k8eekins that’s astounding. I’m proud of you. Not sure why we haven’t crossed paths, I’ve been around since 2012 too.
  • lunchboxchuck
    Options

Yep, they inject it out to the sides and a little above my lips and I notice a distinct but subtle difference in the lines there, if that makes sense. I’d probably go for a tad more, but don’t want to risk losing movement there.

This is exciting! Thanks for posting!!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    @k8eekins your success is truly amazing!
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Retinol will help with fine lines, more info here: https://www.paulaschoice.com/ingredient-dictionary/antioxidants/retinol.html
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Botox works wonders too, it relaxed the muscles in my forehead slightly and I no longer get headaches! Life changing!
  • lunchboxchuck
    Options
    Retinol will help with fine lines, more info here: https://www.paulaschoice.com/ingredient-dictionary/antioxidants/retinol.html

I use the Murad retinol youth serum. Maybe I need a different /stronger one.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    @Sharon_C @lunchboxchuck @workinonit1956 Your morale-boosting encouragement means a whole lot thank you Ladies.

Holy crap @k8eekins that’s astounding. I’m proud of you. Not sure why we haven’t crossed paths, I’ve been around since 2012 too.

Appreciate your heartening support @nowine4me We have crossed paths briefly over the years, only that I'd changed my name after mid last year, returning after I'd been off MFP 3 years prior.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    After losing well over 100 and maintaining for quite awhile (5+ years), I wouldn't necessarily say that things with wrinkles & signs of aging got "worse, then better". Yeah I definitely have more laugh lines and what not, but I've also gone from my thirties into my early forties during this time so it's kind of expected that I'd see signs of aging. I have upped my skincare game though. And I will say that at a certain point when I first reached my goal range (2013-2014), I really wasn't accustomed to the changes in my face and it took awhile to adjust and get used to it. I think that's helped more than anything. For a year or two, I would look sadly on photos of the fuller-faced me, thinking I looked so much younger...but now I look at those same photos and mostly see negatives like redness, chubbier areas of my face and sun damage that has since been mostly reversed through better skincare. So it's a mixed bag!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    [*] Facial massage - Maintenance massage once or twice fortnightly (Recommended by my sister 777Gemma888 who would practice on our mother's face since she came across Jane Fonda's published facial massage book, only that I apply my sister's adjustments (using my knuckles sometimes) which are more effective) * Started to inculcate it into my maintenance, since early last year.
    [/list]

This facial massage sounds intriguing. Must research this for myself as I am noticing quite a bit more aging in my face in just the past couple of years (I'm 59).

Re: your incredible weight loss - that is just simply amazing!! Have you posted your success story here on MFP? If so, I'd love to read it.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I turned 69 in April of this year and have lost about 50 lbs since 2013. I try to keep my face out of the sun and use a retinol product at night. It seems to help a little. I think hydration is very important as well. Eventually age catches up with us all but we don't have to give up too easily. ;)

I also think that losing weight a bit slower might help the skin adjust to the changes better, but that's an unconfirmed personal observation........LOL

bray6bt7syyw.jpg

qhhgph6cmalq.jpg

7el1fssu0fuy.jpg

Lulu! You look absolutely stunning beautiful lady!
  • k8eekins
    edited June 2019
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    [*] Facial massage - Maintenance massage once or twice fortnightly (Recommended by my sister 777Gemma888 who would practice on our mother's face since she came across Jane Fonda's published facial massage book, only that I apply my sister's adjustments (using my knuckles sometimes) which are more effective) * Started to inculcate it into my maintenance, since early last year.
    [/list]

This facial massage sounds intriguing. Must research this for myself as I am noticing quite a bit more aging in my face in just the past couple of years (I'm 59).

Re: your incredible weight loss - that is just simply amazing!! Have you posted your success story here on MFP? If so, I'd love to read it.

With facial massage techniques, I focus on these which are my problem areas: The procerus, the orbicularis oculi, the levator labii superioris alaeque nasi, the levator labii superioris, the risorius, the orbicularis oris. I was lazy with my face since I'd first experienced it when my sister massaged it with her knuckles with a deep tissue massage approach, years ago, still in my 20s. The after-effects bruised my face. I looked like I'd had a beat-down, which wears-off by the end of day, from the massage the night before because of my sister's technique. It's for a 24 hours facelift. I've only been off and on with my fortnightly facial massages as my maintenance when I'm good, since February last year. Nowadays, there are many tools/gadgets and recommended techniques. I strictly use my knuckles, wooden tools, sometimes the *mallet. My sister uses the bottom-end of a butter knife - with the thought "Spread the fat," "Redistribute the fat."

* As a pressure tool, not a pounding tool.
  • k8eekins
    edited June 2019
    Options
    [/list]

Appreciate your sincerity recognising the monstrous mass I've lost. Fortunately, a white South African award-winning documentary film-maker has the raw footage following my sister and I morning and evening, catching every part of it. Our cheerleaders were our neighbourhood's medical doctors, most of whom were from our city's old families mansions row. Our JPL/CalTech/Athenaeum and worship community, including Fmr Sheriff Lee Baca also bore witness and were as encouraging throughout our process. I have 3 reunions this approaching year. I'm seriously contemplating sharing my experience here on MFP afterwards, where the after lifestyle photos (balls/pool & beach parties/garden tea parties) will be extreme enough for effect, compared to the captured accounts of my T-Rex, Staypuft the marshmallow man without those rolls look. I was a solid rock brown-fat dominant mega-obese woman.

I'll be sure to tag you once my Reunions are done and the good comps are ready, either in a GIF way, a short video reel - whatever method he'll recommend.

I used to participate in general threads here - "Show your before & after," "Show your dimples, fat vs now," "Show your booty progress," .... Some didn't like some additional posts which followed so the entire discussions got nuked. It killed my rhythm to contribute to threads like that.
  • k8eekins
    Options
    [/list]

With facial massage techniques, I focus on these which are my problem areas: The procerus, the orbicularis oculi, the levator labii superioris alaeque nasi, the levator labii superioris, the risorius, the orbicularis oris. I was lazy with my face since I'd first experienced it when my sister massaged it with her knuckles with a deep tissue massage approach, years ago, still in my 20s. The after-effects bruised my face. I looked like I'd had a beat-down, which wears-off by the end of day, from the massage the night before because of my sister's technique. It's for a 24 hours facelift. I've only been off and on with my fortnightly facial massages as my maintenance when I'm good, since February last year. Nowadays, there are many tools/gadgets and recommended techniques. I strictly use my knuckles, wooden tools, sometimes the *mallet. My sister uses the bottom-end of a butter knife - with the thought "Spread the fat," "Redistribute the fat."

* As a pressure tool, not a pounding tool.

ETA: I'm 43 btw.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    [/list]

Appreciate your sincerity recognising the monstrous mass I've lost. Fortunately, a white South African award-winning documentary film-maker has the raw footage following my sister and I morning and evening, catching every part of it. Our cheerleaders were our neighbourhood's medical doctors, most of whom were from our city's old families mansions row. Our JPL/CalTech/Athenaeum and worship community, including Fmr Sheriff Lee Baca also bore witness and were as encouraging throughout our process. I have 3 reunions this approaching year. I'm seriously contemplating sharing my experience here on MFP afterwards, where the after lifestyle photos (balls/pool & beach parties/garden tea parties) will be extreme enough for effect, compared to the captured accounts of my T-Rex, Staypuft the marshmallow man without those rolls look. I was a solid rock brown-fat dominant mega-obese woman.

I'll be sure to tag you once my Reunions are done and the good comps are ready, either in a GIF way, a short video reel - whatever method he'll recommend.

I used to participate in general threads here - "Show your before & after," "Show your dimples, fat vs now," "Show your booty progress," .... Some didn't like some additional posts which followed so the entire discussions got nuked. It killed my rhythm to contribute to threads like that.

Well I recognize you from the recipe section of the forum, both you and your sister have posted a lot of food pictures. Although I haven't been participating on the forums much lately. I had no idea you had lost so much weight. That wasn't a type error then, you used to weigh 800 lbs? That's amazing that you lost so much weight...
  • k8eekins
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    [/list]

Well I recognize you from the recipe section of the forum, both you and your sister have posted a lot of food pictures. Although I haven't been participating on the forums much lately. I had no idea you had lost so much weight. That wasn't a type error then, you used to weigh 800 lbs? That's amazing that you lost so much weight...

Thank you! Only managed to because I knew then, that it was either I went all out with an all-in commitment or I'll lose momentum. I weighed 859 lbs when I'd started with my commitment to drop weight in June, 2012.

We also cross on our other favourite discussions; Nature Trails, Off-trails, Parks and Hiking.