I'm too young to feel this old!!!🤦🏾‍♀️

IvanaO
IvanaO Posts: 7 Member
edited June 2019 in Motivation and Support
My knees hurt, I have back pain, I'm outta breathe, I'm snoring, always tired and im a borderline diabetic...I sounds like im 75 yrs old..smh..I'm only 32yrs young... I'm tired of looking for a 3x but I can't stay motivated long enough to go to the gym consistently. I work 90 to 115 hours a week and have a son who is 8. I need suggestions and ideas on consistency, a work out plan, maybe a tummy tuck lol help me I don't know how to start

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    IvanaO wrote: »
    My knees hurt, I have back pain, I'm outta breathe, I'm snoring, always tired and im a borderline diabetic...I sounds like im 75 yrs old..smh..I'm only 32yrs young... I'm tired of looking for a 3x but I can't stay motivated long enough to go to the gym consistently. I work 90 to 115 hours a week and have a son who is 8. I need suggestions and ideas on consistency, a work out plan, maybe a tummy tuck lol help me I don't know how to start

I'd be dead on my feet if I worked that many hours, too. If you're truly always working that much (seems an impossible schedule to sustain long term) I have to say start there. You have to have some balance in your life. Probably not the kind of answer you were looking for, though.
  • IvanaO
    Yes I know that I should cut back on my work, it's hard as a single mom. Thanks for the insite I try cutting back in hours
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

I'd be dead on my feet if I worked that many hours, too. If you're truly always working that much (seems an impossible schedule to sustain long term) I have to say start there. You have to have some balance in your life. Probably not the kind of answer you were looking for, though.

+1. There are only 168 hours in a week. You are working roughly 60-70% of the time. Age old rule of thumb is 8 hours a sleep a night and that alone is 56 hours per week. 168-115 is only 53 hours. Doubting you are just working and sleeping so you probably aren't getting enough rest the way it is.

You are tired and feel this way because you are human, we all would feel tired working this much. Think you need to start here as well.
  • Scareah
    Scareah Posts: 40 Member
    Start small. Don't overwhelm yourself! Start by cutting out sugar, and find ways to walk more. That's what I am doing! Add me if you want some support!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Sorry you have to work so much, that sounds really hard!

You don’t have to exercise to lose weight, just eat the correct number of calories. And you don’t have to go to a gym to exercise. For someone like you without a lot of time, just fifteen minutes in the morning and fifteen minutes in the evening can make a big difference, and you don’t have to go somewhere special, get dressed, change out of your gym clothes at home, worry about child care. Just put on a YouTube workout video and go for it, a few minutes is better for your health than no minutes.

Try logging your meals for a week and get an idea of how you are currently eating, then look at your diary and figure out where it might be easiest to cut back. Diet plans work best when they work with your own food preferences and habits. You can do this!
  • IvanaO
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »

+1. There are only 168 hours in a week. You are working roughly 60-70% of the time. Age old rule of thumb is 8 hours a sleep a night and that alone is 56 hours per week. 168-115 is only 53 hours. Doubting you are just working and sleeping so you probably aren't getting enough rest the way it is.

You are tired and feel this way because you are human, we all would feel tired working this much. Think you need to start here as well.

🤔🤦🏾‍♀️thanks ..... I didn't see it that way. I mean I know I'm tired but the actual break down is cool. If i can just get into routine at least 45mins 3× a week I think I can get into a groove. Then the issue becomes my eating habits 😬. I dont mind fruit and vegetables I just find myself more in a hearty meal kinda mood. Any suggestions on curbing cravings?
  • IvanaO
    Sorry you have to work so much, that sounds really hard!

You don’t have to exercise to lose weight, just eat the correct number of calories. And you don’t have to go to a gym to exercise. For someone like you without a lot of time, just fifteen minutes in the morning and fifteen minutes in the evening can make a big difference, and you don’t have to go somewhere special, get dressed, change out of your gym clothes at home, worry about child care. Just put on a YouTube workout video and go for it, a few minutes is better for your health than no minutes.

Try logging your meals for a week and get an idea of how you are currently eating, then look at your diary and figure out where it might be easiest to cut back. Diet plans work best when they work with your own food preferences and habits. You can do this!

Thank you... a few minutes is better than none...I started logging today ...I need to work on remembering to log..ill set alarms.. thnk you for the encouragement
  • MrsTitus2
    MrsTitus2 Posts: 61 Member
    Once you lose 20 pounds you'll feel the difference! And the more you have to lose the more and faster you'll lose.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member

Got dayum, WTF do you do for a living?

Not too long ago I was in the same boat. I had 2 full time jobs working a minimal of 80 hours a week picking up OT at each job when available working 92 hours one week.

My schedule was crazy, I would work 11pm to 7am as a night auditor dealing with snotty nosed cheap guests at a hotel jetting on over 16 miles to another county to make it on time to my good job at a electric company working 730am to 4pm getting yelled for shutting off non paying folks electric.

Get off work jet back to the city battling with rush hour traffic for a hour to pick up my sons after school. Pick them up at 5pm, do homework, and drop them off at 8pm. Sleep in my car for one hour. Go to gold's gym working out for a hour leaving at 1030pm rushing back to my night auditor job repeating the cycle all over again.

It's incredibly hard to lose weight in such a stressful situation but it can be done. I did it. I lost 20lbs counting my calories on top of working out. Ate McDonald's grilled chicken salads all day. The biggest thing is your mental state, take care of your mind and everything else will follow.

I wish you the best and better days are coming.