Cancelling Golds Gym Membership

Can someone explain the step by step process with canceling a membership at Golds? I cannot for the life of me get a straight answer from the employees and they’re sending me in circles!

Replies

• mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member
    I think it depends on the management group. For my local one, I literally had to have a signed letter stating I wanted to cancel my membership
  • KaleiAlanaSmith
    KaleiAlanaSmith Posts: 133 Member
    mike_rom wrote: »
    I think it depends on the management group. For my local one, I literally had to have a signed letter stating I wanted to cancel my membership

Signed letter by who??? Management??
  • mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member
    No. I literally had to write up a hand-written letter and sign in. But like I mentioned, I think it depends on the management group in your area. The Golds Gym billing company here is called Paramount Acceptance and I had to go through them.
  • MrsTitus2
    MrsTitus2 Posts: 61 Member
    I that's what I loved about my old gym la fitness. I'd cancel, then work out and decide I didnt want to quit so I'd reinstate for free. Such an easy process. May God bless the manager. Lol
  • gracieeekk
    gracieeekk Posts: 1 Member
    I recently quit from Golds Gym! I went in person, where they gave me a card to ABC Financial Services called www.myiclubonline.com to quit. It said on the card I needed to call ABC but they did not respond to their own phone number. Plus, I had to create and account with ABC, which required an agreement number which I had to call my local gym for. So I ended up emailing customercare@abcfinancial.com. I said that I have tried going in person and calling already and I needed to cancel my membership because I was moving. In the email, you need to include name, gym location, agreement number, address, email, last 4 digits of SS, last 4 digits of DL and reason for cancellation. They responded and apologized a few business days later for the inconvenience and were cancelling at the end of the month. Hope this helps
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,494 Member
    gracieeekk wrote: »
    I recently quit from Golds Gym! I went in person, where they gave me a card to ABC Financial Services called www.myiclubonline.com to quit. It said on the card I needed to call ABC but they did not respond to their own phone number. Plus, I had to create and account with ABC, which required an agreement number which I had to call my local gym for. So I ended up emailing customercare@abcfinancial.com. I said that I have tried going in person and calling already and I needed to cancel my membership because I was moving. In the email, you need to include name, gym location, agreement number, address, email, last 4 digits of SS, last 4 digits of DL and reason for cancellation. They responded and apologized a few business days later for the inconvenience and were cancelling at the end of the month. Hope this helps
    Many clubs use ABC now. My club included.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    I cancelled my debit card that the monthly auto-pay was tied to. That was after I attempted a polite, "normal" cancellation by calling and going in person. They are a DIFFICULT company to break ties with.

The cancellation for Planet Fitness was easy peasy. I went in and said that I moved to an area without a nearby gym; they looked up my account and cancelled it. Took less than 5 minutes. They also offered to look up gyms (not PF) in my area that were a good deal.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    You have to cancel in person. Ask to speak with sales or the general manager.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2019
    Cancel in person to avoid BS/runaround. Told them I was moving & no there were no other Gold's Gyms in the area I was moving to (true...they usually want to know the reason why you are canceling). Never had issues cancelling with Gold's or LA Fitness for that matter...although to this day, I am still haunted by LA Fitness emails asking me to rejoin (again, none in my current area)

...always read your contract 1st before signing (><)