HELP I’m losing my mind and I’m eating everything

Ok so a little bit of back ground history on me.
I’ve always been on a diet can’t remember when I haven't been on one or watching what I eat.
I don’t want to be on a diet anymore I want lifestyle changes that stay for good.
I’ve started on a program called Impromy it’s expensive shakes that well I don’t know if there helping or not.
I can’t find the motivation to keep this up and I find myself. Bingeing on crap that’s in the house and even if I take the crap out I just eat what ever is there. When I say what ever I mean what ever like noodles bread left overs you name it I’ll make or eat it.
THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT AND I WANT TO STOP 😭
Hoooowwwwwwwww
Do people stay motivated????????
Atm I’m stuck and putting weight back on. I’ve never been good at calorie counting and forget Keto diet I just can’t do it.
My husband is not supportive as in he doesn’t stop me, he doesn’t help with things so I’m tired and I don’t end up exercising and he buys crap or wants to buy crap.
I get it these are excuses but what do I do I’m lost and need HELP

Replies

• meredithsloane
    meredithsloane Posts: 31 Member
    I know exactly where you have been... the most important thing for me was to really truly understand that I needed to bite the bullet and accept that I would need to do it slowly and stay diligent. The first month was the absolute hardest. I wanted so badly for it to just happen quickly and painlessly! You CAN do it! Just ask yourself, how badly do you want to feel good in your own skin? How badly do you want this success? If you want it bad enough, it will motivate you to the next day... forgive yourself and move on!
  • Morningstar25
    Morningstar25 Posts: 50 Member
    Ok so a little bit of back ground history on me.
    I’ve always been on a diet can’t remember when I haven't been on one or watching what I eat.
    I don’t want to be on a diet anymore I want lifestyle changes that stay for good.
    I’ve started on a program called Impromy it’s expensive shakes that well I don’t know if there helping or not.
    I can’t find the motivation to keep this up and I find myself. Bingeing on crap that’s in the house and even if I take the crap out I just eat what ever is there. When I say what ever I mean what ever like noodles bread left overs you name it I’ll make or eat it.
    THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT AND I WANT TO STOP 😭
    Hoooowwwwwwwww
    Do people stay motivated????????
    Atm I’m stuck and putting weight back on. I’ve never been good at calorie counting and forget Keto diet I just can’t do it.
    My husband is not supportive as in he doesn’t stop me, he doesn’t help with things so I’m tired and I don’t end up exercising and he buys crap or wants to buy crap.
    I get it these are excuses but what do I do I’m lost and need HELP

Only you can help yourself! If you eat what you want work harder to achieve the goal you needed. An extra couple of minutes on a jog time. Hardship brings great rewards
  • melissac278
    melissac278 Posts: 12 Member
    I think it’s the forgive myself that’s going to be the hardest 😢 I’ve let this happen and I’m tired of everything. Your right I just want it over with to where I’m free of this weight and not tired. I no it’s going to be hard and I just havnt wanted to face the truth 😧 until now I want help and need support through this 😞
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    Yeah, I have to agree.

It's not easy.

Everything will have to change. By that I mean everything about how you think about food will have to change.

I also agree about small changes.

This week your assignment is to log all your food, every single thing - even (especially) the big unplanned eating events. Just do that.

Make one food change this week, whether it's not eating after dinner or switching out water for Coke or not buying that Starbucks.

Baby steps that made me feel successful were huge. Still are. Thanks for the reminder, sometimes I forget the frustration.

Also, on the practical side, set your goals realistically. 1200 is not suitable for almost anyone. Start with "Lose one pound per week." Most people who set too aggressive goals can't adhere to the strict calorie limit and end up overeating to make up for the lack of food in their day. Most of us can't wrangle our bodies long-term, so do it in a reasonable sustainable way. Consistency and moderation is better than severe restriction.
  • MileMarker641
    MileMarker641 Posts: 13 Member
    88olds wrote: »
    “I’ve never been good at calorie counting and forget Keto diet I just can’t do it.”

My path to losing 100+ lbs and keeping it gone for years was Weight Watchers and tracking. It’s called calorie counting and a food diary on MFP. WW is just calorie counting dressed up for copyright protection.

Calorie counting works. There’s a significant calorie counting learning curve that doesn’t get much discussion. No one was born counting calories. It takes time to learn and adjust but you can get better at it.

Make your food diary the center of your effort and you can quit the on/off track dieting trap. Calculate a modest calorie deficit, plan a menu, try to hit your number, and log in what you eat. Unlike past attempts, keep logging no matter what. Over your number? Wildly over? Log it all no matter what. No idea how many calories in that meal or dish? Make a good faith estimate and keep going. The process is more important than the numbers.

If your plan doesn’t work out at some point, make better for next time. Set up a system of regular weigh ins to record your progress. Start with about a 6-8 week test. All you need is a downward trend you can live with. If you can get that going the rest is just tinkering, adjusting and patience.

Try not to dwell on past attempts. They’re irrelevant. The past does not control the future.

Persistence and determination will take you father than motivation. You can do this. You can have the life you want. You can find peace of mind. Never quit and you won’t ever have to start this again. Good luck.

Wise words, 88olds. I want to print this out and stick it on my fridge :-)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    An eating lifestyle, not diet, must be sustainable. Shakes are not. ☺
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    decide to love yourself. Every day. It's hard to let go of old habits. I am right there with you. I'm turning 45 in 3 days and I'm unemployed and gained 20 pds and am depressed and eating also. I exercise harder out of guilt and to try and make up for it which is a joke. I am a daily failure. But this is called being human. Carbs and sugar, 2 old friends that seem like sure comforts. I'm guilty. But I'm trying to be my own intervener to catch myself when I do this stuff, and shake off these habits which is hard. Tomorrow I'm going to try and set my alarm and get back to running in the morning. It's not going to be easy, but I'm going to try.
  • cemetree
    cemetree Posts: 17 Member
    Honestly, calorie counting really is VERY important to do. I mean after a while with things you have often you can get pretty good at estimating the measure, but it’s worth it. And having a growing list of things to keep around that are easy, healthy, and can satisfy cravings you might have without being bad for you. I’m a food addict so when I went into it this time I made it definitely a change in my relationship with food and not a diet. I don’t deprive but I def pick and choose based on amounts. And if I know I’ll be eating out I eat a bit lower cal the early part of the day to have calories to use on something out without having to go for a Salad
  • TheAssyrian
    TheAssyrian Posts: 26 Member
    So everyone here has pretty much got the nail on the head. DITCH THE SHAKES! They're a worthless waste of money and most likely are packed with sugar or suger substitute.
    Make some meals that are healthy but ones that you can enjoy! I literally just ate 8oz of baked garlic/lemon chicken with 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of cooked spinach. All said and done it was only a couple hundred calories, but it was delicious and I look forward to eating again later. These shakes are just a ploy to get you to spend money.
    The motivation comes from seeing the results!
    Get fit, stay hungry
  • MichelleMinn
    MichelleMinn Posts: 90 Member
    I think it’s the forgive myself that’s going to be the hardest 😢 I’ve let this happen and I’m tired of everything. Your right I just want it over with to where I’m free of this weight and not tired. I no it’s going to be hard and I just havnt wanted to face the truth 😧 until now I want help and need support through this 😞

How about if I forgive you? :)

You deserve love. You deserve to love yourself. And with love comes forgiveness. Your only "sin" is not loving yourself. The choices you regret are a reflection of your anger toward yourself, and feeds your self-loathing. The anger and the dislike have to go.

Pretend you didn't write this post, but instead stumbled across it. Would you feel more kindness toward the person? Would you feel this person did something so horrible?

I do shakes sometimes (Plexus). Shakes are not your problem. Not being in the right head space to believe in yourself, and not liking yourself is your problem. All the rest is the means to the end, which can be tweaked and adjusted if you find it's not for you.

Anyhow, I would be happy to friend you and give you kindness until, and after, you feel inclined to be kind to yourself. :)
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I understand your pain. One of the things about my journey this last time that made the difference was it took quite a while to reach goal and I LEARNED so much during the journey. Quick weight loss is rarely permanent because you don't learn anything, you don't create a new lifestyle and you get so hungry you just don't care anymore. You aren't going to drink expensive shakes the rest of your life. So why not take your time to find a path you can live with permanently and take your time to lose the weight? I lost 100 lbs over a 2 year period and I've kept it off for a year and a half. I have no intention of going back to my old patterns. I don't even really remember what it was like to overeat like that. On the odd occasion I have allowed myself to eat whatever I want. If I eat too much I get sick because I can't tolerate the large meals or greasy food anymore. That's a permanent change.

You can do it the same as all the people on here who have been successful. Quit listening to the newest great way to lose weight. None of them last. Start with a reasonable deficit and learn to eat in a more calorie controlled way. By the time you reach goal it will be a habit to eat that way and your new body will actually be for good.