what body type am I?

s0sxl5j001gk.jpg

Please help. I've never been able to figure it out.. I think I see myself different then I really am. I'm trying to do some online clothing shopping...

Replies

• FeliciaWinn
    FeliciaWinn Posts: 44 Member
    I wouldn't rely on a one-description like apple or pear (which I assume is what you're looking for) for online clothes shopping. I would take my measurements and only buy from sellers that have charts showing how their sizes correspond to actual measurements.

True thank you!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I wouldn't rely on a one-description like apple or pear (which I assume is what you're looking for) for online clothes shopping. I would take my measurements and only buy from sellers that have charts showing how their sizes correspond to actual measurements.

True thank you!

My favorite thing recently has been watching clothing hauls of people who look similar to me in body shape (for me, I'm petite and top-heavy). It takes a bit to sort through and find the channels that work for you, but sometimes they can act as like a personal model, lol. You can kind of see how certain shapes look on them and determine if you like how it looks or not. For me, I don't like a lot of cleavage, so I can see them try it on, and even if they say they like it, if it has too much cleavage I know I won't like that style of shirt. Stuff like that.
  • FeliciaWinn
    FeliciaWinn Posts: 44 Member
    jdog022 wrote: »
    Human

Wow! Thank You! I never would have known!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2019
    Human

Beat me to it, I was going to say homo sapien....body typing/somatotypes = broscience/pseudoscience

Re: buying online clothes...have tape measure & some basic knowledge about various fabrics/materials (how they feel, stretchiness, breath-ability, etc.). PIA esp. when clothing has no product description or data on fabric %s, inseam length, shape/cut, longline/tall, etc.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    @FeliciaWinn, another vote for shopping on a site with measurements. It's still gonna be a crapshoot, but good luck. I have to order a swimsuit today so I feel your pain.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    If I HAD to type you, I'd say tending toward pear but not heavily so.

As far as online shopping, get a good set of measurements (hips, waist, and bust at least 3 times each for accuracy, and other measurements as needed for the garments). Use that to determine your size from the size chart on the site. If the item you're looking at has reviews, read them to get an idea of how other people say it fit (did it run large, small, short, long, no stretch, etc.) I have really good luck ordering online when I do this.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    If you’re talking about somatotypes (endomorph, etc.), those have been thoroughly debunked.

For things like personality or dietary needs. As a description for how you would need your clothes cut?
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 694 Member
    Human

Wow! Thank You! I never would have known!

Sorry . My poor attempt at humor while debunking body types as a thing. 😀
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,515 Member
    Pear.