Cottage Cheese Recipes Please - NO I DON'T WANT TO CHECK PINTEREST, I WANT YOURS!

southrnchic479
southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
Cottage cheese is like my new favorite ingredient. It's easily disguised in different types of recipes, and nutritionally, it's AWESOME! I recently made a cottage cheese alfredo, and in the past, I've made chocolate peanut butter protein shakes with cottage cheese and it was soooo rich and creamy! I want to see what other things I can make. And yes, I've looked at Pinterest, but I want to hear your tried and true ones ;)

Thanks!

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2019
    Usual combos I like: CC + whole eggs (scrambled or fried) +/- coconut manna (nice hot-cold contrast), CC + PB2/Nut butter +/- Cashews +/- Pistachios
    Mainly reserved for days I need to boost kcals (prolonged dieting) whilst still hitting adequate protein
    Far from pretty but when did looks matter as far as taste?
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    I use 150g of cottage cheese and 1/2 serving of frozen fruit (I go by the label, but roughly 60g) in the blender to make a smoothie bowl. I then top with anything and everything. Current faves: cacao nibs, pepitas, hemp hearts, more fruit. It can be a little salty tasting which doesn't bother me, but you can get the low sodium cottage cheese if it bothers you.
  • ladylyp
    ladylyp Posts: 4 Member
    Cottage cheese topped with unsweetened applesauce and sprinkle of shaved almonds is great for a high protein mid-day snack.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I don’t cook with it, but I like it with about a tsp of sugar free jello powder (1/2 cup cottage cheese) and some chopped raw nuts .

Also love it with finely chopped veggies and sriracha mixed in.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    I eat straight or mixed with fruits and nuts. We also put it in lasagna.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2019
    Use it as a replacement for other cheeses. Use it in tuna or chicken salad instead of mayo. Put it on baked potatoes as a cheese sauce. Put it on salads to cut down on amount of dressing needed or even make a creamy salad dressing with it instead of using mayo. Get the ranch powder and mix some in. I also like mixing it with just some hot sauce or salsa and using it on potatoes or salads

That Alfredo sauce you made can be put on many things and change the flavor profile by adding things like pureed roasted garlic or cayenne pepper. So anything that needs a cheese sauce 😉
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Blend it with cinnamon and a sweetener of choice; add some sugar if you'd like. It tastes very much like a decent cheesecake base. and becomes quite smooth. Add some eggwhites and bake if you want it to be a bit more like cheesecake texture.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    I zapped cottage cheese in the food processor with some blue cheese to make a rather stiff blue cheese sauce today. Will serve it on grilled radiccio tomorrow as a starter, smearing cheese mixture on the grilled cut side of the lettuces and finishing under the broiler so that the sauce seeps down into the leaves.

There will be leftover blue cheese sauce that I will mix with hot starchy pasta water to serve on pasta later in the week.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    I mix low-fat cottage cheese into guacamole to increase the portion I can eat.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I personally love (although my body looks less puffy since not consuming dairy...) dry cottage cheese curd (Safeway's Lucerne). It has way more protein and bare amounts of sodium too compared to cottage cheese. (125 ml or 1/2 cup is 110 calories/22 grams of protein and only 15 grams of sodium.

Regular cottage cheese is around: (1%) is 100 calories but 14 grams of protein and 430 grams of sodium.
  • nancydriedger
    nancydriedger Posts: 48 Member
    Just putting a scoop in when you mash potatoes. Don't use any milk or butter, just some cottage cheese and whatever seasoning you like my family loves garlic. Use a mixer instead of a masher and it blends in beautifully, restaurant quality without the extra calories of cream/milk and butter. :)
  • southrnchic479
    southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
    cabwj wrote: »
    I mix low-fat cottage cheese into guacamole to increase the portion I can eat.

this is a fantastic idea! thank you!
    acpgee wrote: »
    I zapped cottage cheese in the food processor with some blue cheese to make a rather stiff blue cheese sauce today.

also a fantastic idea!!
    Just putting a scoop in when you mash potatoes. Don't use any milk or butter, just some cottage cheese and whatever seasoning you like my family loves garlic. Use a mixer instead of a masher and it blends in beautifully, restaurant quality without the extra calories of cream/milk and butter. :)

love it! I usually use greek yogurt and a bit of butter with some garlic powder in my "famous" redskin potatoes. Family is used to sour cream and the other day I pulled the ol' switcheroo and nobody noticed! Phew! I'll have to try the cottage cheese trick for sure!!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    I am so excited to have found this thread because I actually came to the boards to exalt my newest snack obsession--a rice cake topped with cottage cheese and furikake (a rice seasoning blend with sesame seeds, dried seaweed, etc.)

It's delicious.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    These both sound and look horribly gross but are actually really good.

Cottage cheese mixed with browned ground turkey and salsa. Great alone or as a dip.

Lately I’ve been mixing my cottage cheese with pickled okra. Chop up the okra and even add a little juice to the cottage cheese. I swear I’m not pregnant. 😇
  • pprice614
    pprice614 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2019
    People seem to either love this or hate, but I do cottage cheese with tuna to make tuna salad as a mayo replacment. A lot of people use Greek yogurt which is delicious, but I find cottage cheese works just as well!
  • aNutMeg519
    aNutMeg519 Posts: 6 Member
    Cottage cheese, powdered ranch dressing mix. Food processor. Use as the best dip for veggies!