New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I just ordered $60 worth of Built Bars just so I could try the two new flavors. What is wrong with me XD

Their marketing ploy is very successful :D

I have 5 credit if anyone wants that I wont use! Just let me know.

Gets me every time! I can't wait to try the Blueberry Cheesecake! That was my whole reason for the order, though I am curious about the Mint Brownie. I hear it's different from the regular mint, which is my least favorite flavor. I'm also getting Banana in this order, which will be my first time trying it. I'm bummed I didn't get in on the mocha or cinnamon.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2019
    Excited to try this today!

jwy8rmy728tr.jpg

I’m curious what you’re going to say about this... a couple years ago I tried the cinnamon bun flavor and wasn’t impressed at all. Very bland from what I remember :/ So far the only two protein powders I have liked that have caffeine in them is Chike and Click.

Also... Dunkin Donuts is releasing their new coffee swirls tomorrow!!!! Cookies & Cream and Heath!!!! Also a Kit Kat Coolatta :) I’ll be honest, the last time I had a Coolatta was when they had the Oreo cream flavor; I don’t think I’d trust myself ordering another one since they have so many calories and I have so little self control >~>

But I have T Mobile Tuesdays so I get a free medium latte every week.... and my mother always texts me hers to use since she doesn’t drink coffee LOL guess I’ll be trying both of them before this week is over!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Im sad 7/11 has shut down here Id try all 3! r5ehaa09owaz.jpg

I work 10 minutes from my house and I’m not kidding when I say I drive past 4 different 7-11 stores and there’s a lot more if I drive 5 minutes further lol them and Wawas are VERY prevalent up here! Personally I’m not a huge cookie/cracker person, but I can always send people some if I find them! :) I know a couple of you have sent me stuff in the past so it’s the very least I could do to keep the generosity going!
    ktekc wrote: »
    I found Bang Coffee drinks at Walmart the other day. I like most of the regular ones but these are 140 cal per can. Anyone try these before? I can't remember if they were on here.

I never knew they had Bang versions with calories, are the flavors the same???
    5ub9a9gm00ap.png

Hershey's is rebranding the Take5 bar as Reese's Take5 (peanut butter used is Reese's).

Take 5 has always been one of my FAVORITES, does this mean they’ve always used Reese’s peanut butter in them or are they just now starting to? If it’s always been in there no wonder I’ve been obsessed all this time, but if it’s new I’m in TROUBLE.

I’m also VERY jealous of everyone who lives near this state fair!!!!
    frbfamwiy5wq.jpeg
    gtb5qwfvdtlc.jpeg

And lastly, I’m DYING to try these!!! If anyone beats me to it please report back!!!
    kv7atsigfnol.jpeg
    5fdexuf0xes5.jpeg

The Bang with Calories are called like their keto brand or soemthing. I forgot to pick some up but they are like Monster Java essentially or what they are at least trying to mimic is my guess. I don't think they have other flavors with calories besides them.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Im sad 7/11 has shut down here Id try all 3! r5ehaa09owaz.jpg

I work 10 minutes from my house and I’m not kidding when I say I drive past 4 different 7-11 stores and there’s a lot more if I drive 5 minutes further lol them and Wawas are VERY prevalent up here! Personally I’m not a huge cookie/cracker person, but I can always send people some if I find them! :) I know a couple of you have sent me stuff in the past so it’s the very least I could do to keep the generosity going!
    I found Bang Coffee drinks at Walmart the other day. I like most of the regular ones but these are 140 cal per can. Anyone try these before? I can't remember if they were on here.

I never knew they had Bang versions with calories, are the flavors the same???
    5ub9a9gm00ap.png

Hershey's is rebranding the Take5 bar as Reese's Take5 (peanut butter used is Reese's).

Take 5 has always been one of my FAVORITES, does this mean they’ve always used Reese’s peanut butter in them or are they just now starting to? If it’s always been in there no wonder I’ve been obsessed all this time, but if it’s new I’m in TROUBLE.

I’m also VERY jealous of everyone who lives near this state fair!!!!
    frbfamwiy5wq.jpeg
    gtb5qwfvdtlc.jpeg

And lastly, I’m DYING to try these!!! If anyone beats me to it please report back!!!
    kv7atsigfnol.jpeg
    5fdexuf0xes5.jpeg

Re: Hershey's Take5... they've always used Reese's! That's why they are rebranding, because they want to make that a selling point :)

Also, re: MN State Fair... there's always so much hype around the new foods, but honestly the best IMO are cheese curds, corn on the cob, pronto pups and SWEET MARTHA'S!!!

I wasn’t sure what cheese curds were, but when I googled it, it was NOT what I expected haha
    e287k7xc90oq.jpeg
    I work with someone from Canada though and she says they’re supposedly REALLY good in caramel?? o.o
    44mc9qucq19i.png

Me want. I can handle the mini size. I hope the cotton candy topping is cotton candy flavored and not the weird bubblegum flavor that likes to pretend it's cotton candy.

EXACTLY my thoughts!!!
    OkieGina wrote: »

I've tried some at my gym. They were good, but nothing spectacular. I used it for a post-workout energy and protein burst. (I think mine was labelled keto-coffee, but the nutrition guy said it wasn't really keto. I didn't care one way or the other.

@hgycta – I’ve only see Bang coffee drinks with calories – no coffee without calories or the other flavors with calories.

Oooh I forgot about the Keto coffee flavors!!! Yeah, I tried those and was NOT a fan. Tasted awful in my opinion!

You've never had cheese curds? :o You can also get them deep fried, well at least in Wisconsin here you can.
  • skelterhelter
    edited June 2019
    Just wanted to shout out two treats, one of which I haven't tried but want to, and the other I can say are wonderful! The first, Sweet Nothings, is a chocolate brand that offers little treats for only about 35 calories a piece. The pecan clusters apparently taste like Snickers. They have a few varieties and I will try them eventually :)

The second is Lily's chocolate covered almonds (they also have peanuts). So good! Hits the spot when you just want a chocolatey, crunchy treat. They're not much less in calories than any other chocolates, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I'm on the hunt for her new Blood Orange chocolate bar.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    I just ordered $60 worth of Built Bars just so I could try the two new flavors. What is wrong with me XD

These posts and the marketing got me too. I ordered one box but if I like them I'm sure I'm over do it and buy many more. I have a thing for protein bars. 😁
  • skelterhelter

These posts and the marketing got me too. I ordered one box but if I like them I'm sure I'm over do it and buy many more. I have a thing for protein bars. 😁

They're definitely a nice choice! More like a chocolate bar than anything (they don't fill me up at all), but I like the added protein in my snack.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    This isn't a new product to me, but I haven't had any of this is a long long time...wonderful hubby brought some home tonight and I'm so looking to have some TOMORROW!

Bacon-Rind-on-329.jpg
    RIND ON BACON! :smiley:
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member

They're definitely a nice choice! More like a chocolate bar than anything (they don't fill me up at all), but I like the added protein in my snack.

I ordered the rasberry, have you had those?
  • skelterhelter

I ordered the rasberry, have you had those?

Yep, they're really good! They have a new Build a Box where you can specify which flavors you'd like too. I did that for my recent order.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,480 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    OK what store are all these new Chilly Cow flavors at? I'm guessing it's a store that's not in CA, that'd be my luck!

Peanut butter chocolate is my favorite Enlightened flavor.

I get the sense that we're somewhere in the same general region, and the only place I can find Chilly Cow is Grocery Outlet. My Grocery Outlet only has cookies and cream, and vanilla graham.

I did find marshmallow peanut butter Enlightened recently and I think that's one of the new Chilly Cow flavors, so that's a possibility if you can't find Chilly Cow.

Did you find Marshmallow Peanut Butter Enlightened at Grocery Outlet? I'm going through the flavors there and so far only have repurchased Triple Chocolate. I have a lot of opened pints in my freezer! I saw the same bars as you but went for Chilly Cow ice cream instead of bars (cookies n' cream). I'd love to find more of a selection! Don't buy Slim Twins there, it was awful! I think it was Winco where I found Chilly Cow brown butter caramel and Dark Chocolate Mint Chip. The former is great and later is so-so, but I'm picky with mint.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    So I got to try all four flavors of these yesterday:

190410_ON_Nature-Bite_on.com_Web_0.jpg?itok=ysaOy6F8

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I much prefer the texture of these to their Cake Bites which were a bit too chewy for my liking. These are a lot smoother inside. I also like the ingredients in them more than the Cake Bites. They're perfect for when you want an extra hit of protein without eating an entire protein bar since you can just have one. I usually have a protein brownie or Built Bar as my dessert and I could see myself adding these to the rotation.

I also tried these in the red pepper and caramelized onion flavors:
    Iwon_Full-Width.jpg

I enjoyed the flavor and texture of these. I thought I ate a ton of them but when I weighed the bag after I finished, I only ate 9g out of the 42g serving size which was a nice surprise. This seems like a good snack when you want something crunchy yet high volume for the calorie amount, as the entire bag is 181 calories. I enjoyed them more than a lot of other savory protein snacks I've tried. I wish they just made Sea Salt puffs though.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Just wanted to shout out two treats, one of which I haven't tried but want to, and the other I can say are wonderful! The first, Sweet Nothings, is a chocolate brand that offers little treats for only about 35 calories a piece. The pecan clusters apparently taste like Snickers. They have a few varieties and I will try them eventually :)

The second is Lily's chocolate covered almonds (they also have peanuts). So good! Hits the spot when you just want a chocolatey, crunchy treat. They're not much less in calories than any other chocolates, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I'm on the hunt for her new Blood Orange chocolate bar.

The blood orange isn’t actually a new flavor! It’s one of the originals, and really good! Blood organge and dark salted are my favorites.
  • skelterhelter

The blood orange isn’t actually a new flavor! It’s one of the originals, and really good! Blood organge and dark salted are my favorites.

Oh, cool! I can't find it anywhere! :( It sounds amazing.
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    vo3owfr4p36d.png
    Taco wrap made out of cheese, LOL

Probably even less calories than the "normal" corn-variant
  • pancakerunner
    9p485fbenlik.png
  • pancakerunner
    vo3owfr4p36d.png
    Taco wrap made out of cheese, LOL

Probably even less calories than the "normal" corn-variant

I tried to order these when they came out but they are out of stock bc of the high demand... lol keto
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited June 2019
    Excited to try this today!

jwy8rmy728tr.jpg

I’m curious what you’re going to say about this... a couple years ago I tried the cinnamon bun flavor and wasn’t impressed at all. Very bland from what I remember :/ So far the only two protein powders I have liked that have caffeine in them is Chike and Click.

Also... Dunkin Donuts is releasing their new coffee swirls tomorrow!!!! Cookies & Cream and Heath!!!! Also a Kit Kat Coolatta :) I’ll be honest, the last time I had a Coolatta was when they had the Oreo cream flavor; I don’t think I’d trust myself ordering another one since they have so many calories and I have so little self control >~>

But I have T Mobile Tuesdays so I get a free medium latte every week.... and my mother always texts me hers to use since she doesn’t drink coffee LOL guess I’ll be trying both of them before this week is over!

It just tasted like chocolate, not mocha cappuccino. I didn't get any coffee flavor at all. The chocolate flavor was good, but definitely not mocha-y. I didn't get much caffeine buzz, either, but I drink quite a bit of caffeine.

I got the Cold Brew one, too. Hopefully it has more of a coffee flavor.