cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    @cee134 wrote: »
    6xwd9ovow1v6.jpg

Only one good one in that whole group.

Which is?
  • cee134
    57323szpy1wi.jpg

What did Raichu say when it saw Pikachu?

Raichu
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    c4hl682dvcwk.jpg

OMG TOOOO funny
  • cee134
    weik5nhdad6m.jpg
  • cee134
    nxkt4hw8gslq.jpg
  • cee134
    t8tyszmzo00n.jpg
  • cee134
    eci7sd6g4tcy.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    No pic or anything but it's pretty scary how excited I was to receive an amazon package in the Good Omens box. :)

Like, I actually saw someone mailing something out in one the other day and contemplated stealing it JUST for the box.
  • Five0Six
    Five0Six Posts: 112 Member
    bakdgjp0x0a3.jpg
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    I can't help it; I'll have to respond when I get home with a few of these types of memes I have hiding in a folder buried deep on my desktop...... lol

I've never actually played a pen and paper RPG, but have always wanted to; it looks like great fun! My best friend and I have tinkered with various systems over the years, but neither of us have ever actually played before, so its kind of hard to figure out how a game is supposed to be run while at the same time figuring out how to play.

I recently picked up a copy of Basic Fantasy, hoping that perhaps I can figure that one out, and because its old school. Anyone have any experience with that one?
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited June 2019
    I can't help it; I'll have to respond when I get home with a few of these types of memes I have hiding in a folder buried deep on my desktop...... lol

I've never actually played a pen and paper RPG, but have always wanted to; it looks like great fun! My best friend and I have tinkered with various systems over the years, but neither of us have ever actually played before, so its kind of hard to figure out how a game is supposed to be run while at the same time figuring out how to play.

I recently picked up a copy of Basic Fantasy, hoping that perhaps I can figure that one out, and because its old school. Anyone have any experience with that one?

No experience with Basic Fantasy, but there are quite a few "playthrough" videos on youtube for different RPGs if you want to get an idea of how others play games. I watch them a lot for board games, but I know there are some pen/paper RPG ones as well that I imagine could be pretty informative
  • cee134

I don't know anything about Basic Fantasy, but do you have the Dungeon Masters Guide?

aoer6th41c19.jpg
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Oh, I understand what the role of a DM or GM is; having never played a game, however, makes it a little hard to understand how to know when to require a role, when not to, etc. I'm sure its much easier to get into the role of DM after you've played a few games and get a feel for how the interactive story works.

That's one reason I picked up a copy of Basic Fantasy; I'm hoping that since its parred down to the old school style, I won't have to be learning quite so much at one time. And they did have a small book out giving a brief example, which is what I really need. I tried Gurps and still love the way that system is set up, but its definitely on the difficult side to figure out.

Unfortunately, I live in a small, rural area where most folks have no idea what a RPG is and certainly no local groups to get involved in. I've poked around online, hoping to perhaps find an online game that would be interested in a new player, but no luck yet. Basic Fantasy has a forum but unfortunately, you must know a quiz answer to gain admittance to the forum, and I have no idea what it is!
  • cee134
    Oh, I understand what the role of a DM or GM is; having never played a game, however, makes it a little hard to understand how to know when to require a role, when not to, etc. I'm sure its much easier to get into the role of DM after you've played a few games and get a feel for how the interactive story works.

That's one reason I picked up a copy of Basic Fantasy; I'm hoping that since its parred down to the old school style, I won't have to be learning quite so much at one time. And they did have a small book out giving a brief example, which is what I really need. I tried Gurps and still love the way that system is set up, but its definitely on the difficult side to figure out.

Unfortunately, I live in a small, rural area where most folks have no idea what a RPG is and certainly no local groups to get involved in. I've poked around online, hoping to perhaps find an online game that would be interested in a new player, but no luck yet. Basic Fantasy has a forum but unfortunately, you must know a quiz answer to gain admittance to the forum, and I have no idea what it is!

What's the quiz question?

One of the great things about D&D is that you only really need a copy of the rules, some pencils and paper, a set of dice, and your imagination. Wizards of the Coast put a PDF of the basic rules online for free because they “want to reduce the barrier to entry as much as possible,” according to communications director, Greg Tito. The pared down version of the rule set covers the core mechanics and math of the game, a step-by-step character creation guide, and information on monsters.

ri3bxymkwri0.jpg