Does anyone slack off after they loose a couple of pounds or get close to their goal weight?

perezlau
perezlau Posts: 35 Member
edited June 2019 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Like, "oh, it's okay to not be as strick on my diet today since I've been doing so good?" Then you gain weight and freak.

I find I do this. Like whenever I get to x weight I start to slack off again.

Replies

• Scallyboo
    Scallyboo Posts: 126 Member
    I've been the same usually, but I've joined Team RH and since then I've lost 8 lbs in about 8 weeks. I ALWAYS self sabotage. My niece is getting married in the Florida Keys in November so that's my motivation. I think taking photos and weighing daily has made a huge difference to me. I always weighed weekly or even monthly. I thought I would get too obsessed with weighing daily and if I fluctuated upwards that I would stuff my face. But its had the opposite effect. I wont reach for extra snacks the night before as I know I am logging my weight the next morning. I'm at the point now where the daily weight only barely registers with me. I don't overthink it. I just log it on the Team RH app and look at my weekly average V the previous weeks daily average.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    All the time !
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    opposite actually. i've been on the last 5 for awhile now and just want it over with :P i went more hard core always thinking "one more week one more week" (knowing it's gonna be more than one more week)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    perezlau wrote: »
    Like, "oh, it's okay to not be as strick on my diet today since I've been doing so good?" Then you gain weight and freak.

Yup. That's a perfect summary of my life the past 3.5 years. :lol:
    Get slacky. Gain weight and freak. Spend a ridiculous amount of time having to get it off again. Rinse and repeat. You'd think I'd learn something from all that but I'm having to get weight off again so clearly I've learned nothing. :blush:
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    sadly all the time...it usually starts with a vacation or holiday and then i just don't get back into good habits. The closest i have gotten since I started trying about 5 years ago was within 5 lbs of my goal and then i blew it. On the positive end, at my heaviest i was 267 and I have never gone above 225 since I started. I just keep playing with that 25 lbs over and over again. After hating myself through my daughter's wedding and looking horrible, I am down again to 214.1, so 15 lbs to go to reach my goal, but going to Florida to care for an elderly relative in two weeks and have to figure out how not to screw up my progress while I am down there.
  • Hyacinth_Hippo
    Hyacinth_Hippo Posts: 51 Member
    I've been gaining and losing the same 10lbs for months because I keep doing this!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Yes absolutely. I was two lbs from "goal" and within a healthy maintenance range in April. But this happens a lot: I feel good and look ok, and kind of relax because my original motivation is gone. There's no discomfort of being overfat, or of feeling awful, and those discomforts are big drivers of my efforts. I guess I have to remind myself how awful it will feel if I don't get back on track, and maybe dig up some pics of me looking uncomfortable too.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    It is so easy to fall in that trap. I am guilty of it as well especially in the Summer months. This time I am taking a different approach mentally. I am learning this is a lifestyle mindset. Yes I can have a snack, treat or cheat day but I must get back on track with a continual lifestyle HABIT.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Yup!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Nope!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    In maintenance now, nope. While chasing maintenance, nope.
  • MichelleMinn
    MichelleMinn Posts: 90 Member
    When I was a teenager, my best friend and I would celebrate weight loss with juicy hamburgers of baking cookies. It was a completely logical, productive way to act. (It was NOT a completely logical, productive way to act.)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    yep!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Yes..... I was once 5 lbs away from my goal weight and as of right now I am 20 lbs from my goal weight.....
  • StarliteTara
    StarliteTara Posts: 294 Member
    perezlau wrote: »

Guilty!! I'll do good for a couple weeks and drop a couple pounds and then be like, "Oh I can go to Buffalo Wild Wings and eat wings and drink beer". Of course if I stopped with just the one night then I'd be okay but I make an excuse the next day that I've done so good, "I deserve a treat" so I'll go grab ice cream. Crazy thing is, I don't normally even eat some of the things I treat myself with. It's like my brain says, "oh you've done amazing, reward yourself" and I find something I wouldn't eat normally. lol! Anyway, I totally agree with what you said. I have been lucky this time and I am maintaining at 25 lbs down from my original weight but I still have 10-15 lbs to go.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    definitely. I was 20lbs to my goal weight, so I gained 25 for "some reason". Been working HARD to get back to be 20lbs away again lol. Unbelievable.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Yup. Been to goal weight 3 times. If I’d stay within 5 pounds of my goal weight (125) I’d say I’d maintained. But when I go up 8-11 pounds, to me, that isn’t maintaining. I’ve just gotten back into my maintenance range once again (128), trying to keep my focus and remember that I CAN make the right choices every day to prevent this from happening.
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Slippery slope for me if or when that happens, so I didn't indulge that way during loss and never have during maintenance. If you recognize it and you know what it can lead to, then you can change the behavior. Not easy, I know, but it's what will help you achieve the weight that you want and the serenity that can go along with maintenance.