LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    edited June 2019
    LOL on less blueberry dessert - yeah at the end of the day, as much as fasting and/or low carb is helpful, calories really are king. I can eat myself out of a fasting benefit REAL quick LOL...so while it's not for everyone, I log EVERYTHING I eat EVERY day, even my free days, unless I'm LITERALLY on my deathbed...now days like today, since I'm eating all my cals at work I'll have to guesstimate, but I make up for it by being diligent about weighing and measuring at home, which is most days.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Yeah, I'm going to have to start logging everything again which is a giant pain, but it will help keep me from overeating. Not looking forward to it but gotta do what I gotta do.

Today was an ok food day. I did eat a lot, but a lot of it wasnt anything too high in calories.
    Meh. Going to start tracking again tomorrow
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    OMG. I laughed out loud reading that you forgot to OMAD. It does happen! And then you are like oh s...t :D It happened to me many times too - and on the flipside I can also forget i'm on a splurge day and sipping/buying diet drinks and water throughout the day or not eating anything after lunch.. So funny.

Try to identify what causes the insulin response / hunger generation. I did try various diet sodas I though are harmless, but eliminating some of them caused me not being hungry anymore. I think I do have trouble with some sweeteners but not others. Weird. Anyway eliminating those really helped with my hunger.

Also drinking more water helped with hunger and with my skin as well! I seem to look younger and with less wrinkles (talking about unexpected side effects).. I am not at a gallon a day yet but I do consciously upped my water intake to 2-3 litres a day and it seems to help keeping hunger in check. Just some tips you might want to try.

It is so frustrating that weight seem forever to move (not up just down unfortunately) but you WILL get there it is just a matter of time. Even me I remember looking at where I am now (154 lb) when I was 170-ish I thought I would never get there but slowly it arrives. Seem like it never does but this WORKS if you are consistent.Wishing you good luck on your journey.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yes I agree it seems that it is slow especially in the 170 range for some reason. Not sure what it is but I totally agree with that. The water thing has been a huge help to me as well......
    Don't give up---you will get there!!!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Talk about drinking water, I am in the same boat as you... still lacking in that. Managed to get in 2 litres today but not good enough. Stay strong and you will see 160s soon! Cheering you on from Down Under <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    I got a 44 oz cup and my water intake went up naturally because I had to refill less, ergo 2 things happened: 1, time didn't get in the way of me consuming more because I didn't have time to go refill and 2, I drank more because the psychological side of it is like "I only had 2 refills!" LOL - silly but hey, it works :)
  • LiLee2018
    That's actually a really good idea misty. I'll have to look for a bigger cup and see if that helps.
    Yall... I feel like I'm in a funk.
    I THINK it's just b/c I have SO MUCH to do this week and the upcoming houseguests visit has my anxiety and dread going crazy.
    I only brought myself to IF today. Which I'll take b/c it's something at least, but I dunno.... I just feel.... down.
    Not down enough to go cheat or anything like that. That's not part of who I am anymore, but just that... I don't want to track, I don't want to OMAD... I just want my coffee and not have to clean up or entertain or anything. And I still have so much more to clean b/c I keep procrastinating.
    The thought of not being able to relax in my own home is just.... UGH I hate it! lol

I call them friends and they are really nice people, but they're more of Hub's friends AND he has to work, so I'm going to be stuck with them all day long unless they go out which lordy I hope they do.
    I'm the most shy awkward person ever and they're the LOUD charismatic types. Again.. good people and I do like them, but..... just... uuuuuuugh.. let this go by quickly and as painlessly as possible. I think my anxiety is just making it all out worse than it's going to be... like it usually does.

I am tracking though. Put in my coffee and the little bit of pork rinds I ate. I don't feel like doing it, but I'm going to. I can't let anymore time pass without keeping track. I don't want to look back and wish I had done something. No more of that! Even if I don't OMAD, I need to track b/c obviously I can't be trusted on my own to not overeat lol.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Man I feel for you - that'd be UTTER TORTURE to me...NO thank you LOL - anything we can do to help?
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I know how you feel Lisa, I am the same way when it comes to company. I hope it turns out for the best. We are here if you need to talk.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    ughhh that sounds miserable ----I hope it goes by quickly!!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks yall.
    I guess just bear with me if I start rambling and/or complaining.

Anywho.. pretty good calorie day. Just 1400-1500 today yay :) BUT carbs are 40something which is still pretty low, but not keto low lol. I'm fine with that. The carbs came from blueberries and a little bit of whipped cream. Mostly good sources ;)

Alrighty... need to go speed clean since I did almost nothing today. I cleaned the dish washer... did a load and washed some of the grosser windows... that's been it. Need to kick myself in the butt and get this mess done!
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited June 2019
    Babe you complain and vent all you want...thats what friends are for :blush:

Nice day!!! That's my Cal range during the week and I show fairly consistent losses at that level thus far, so you should see that bugger of a scale move :#
  • jadepearl
    Complain all you want... We are here for ya❤️ Well done with your 1400 cals👍👏
  • LiLee2018
    Busy busy day.
    Repairman came early to try to fix our washer and told that once again, part was wrong. Different repairman though and he actually took the time to tell me why AND ordered the correct part right in front of me so hopefully he'll get it next week and we'll FINALLY get a working washing machine again after what.. 3 or so months?
    We have a small mountain of kids clothes in our bathroom and numerous hampers in our room. I've never wanted to do the damn laundry than I do now.

Then I had to start making all the food for DH's work party. Coleslaw, then 2 different types of mac & cheese. I tasted everything b/c that's what a good cook does. I didn't eat a ton of anything in particular though. Just ate a little to make sure seasoning was right.
    I did eat some watermelon that DH was cutting up. Too much of it :P It was so good though lol

When I had a little bit of time, it was spent talking with Amazon customer service about the kindle I just purchased not working as it should. It's messed up and can't be set back to factory so getting sent another and have to send that one back in. Great....

And yeah... finally get to just.... not do anything.... that is until it's time again to go finish cleaning up my son's room... then clean the other son's room and uuuuuuugh still so much! /cry
    It's so difficult keeping ANYTHING clean with 3 kids. Or well... MY 3 kids lol.
    I'll clean up a space and they get excited b/c it's clean and they can now play in a cleaned off spot with ALL THE TOYS!! /facepalm

So yeah... I have no idea what calories are today so far. Still shouldn't be a lot since I did small tastes.
  • LiLee2018
    * I've never wanted to do the damn laundry MORE than I do now.
  • mistymeadows2005
    My heart hurts for your soul babe...I'm not exaggerating, I honestly feel your pain. I'd mind cleaning up after the kids A LOT less than cleaning for dodgy-a** visitors that you didn't want. I'm surprised you're still posting cause my happy butt would be IN JAIL for murdering my husband.
  • LiLee2018
    Pray... Pray! B/c Buttpoopcalypse is about to start.
    I had leftover kimchi stew with added mushrooms and canned mackerel along with 3 poached eggs.
    Also had more blueberry stuff for dessert.
    Now... b/c I deserve even more.. I'm making myself another cup of coffee. If I stay up late, SO BE IT!
    BUT! All of that usually goes right through me on their own. Combined???
    May gawd have mercy on our plumbing. It's about to get hit with a nuclear bomb.
  • jadepearl
    Oh no, not again... wrong parts. 😒 Sure hope this time, its the right parts 🤞 Of course we have to taste our creations to ensure its just right😉😋 I only have 2 kids but they are just as messy. Now that they are older, I force them to clean their room, put away the laundry that I have folded, etc. 😉😁 I love anything kimchi... delicious🍜🍜🍜
  • mistymeadows2005
    LMFAO nothing like a good CLEANING OUT to make for happy numbers on the scale ;):kissing_heart:
  • jadepearl
    I love a good clean-out as I am not too good when it comes to doing #2. That's why I need some help like bekunis :smirk: