What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Didn't REALLY cook, but threw a premade Lemon Pepper Salmon fish from Giant in the oven and had green beans w/Tabasco sauce and corn on the side.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Breakfast this morning was a small green salad with tomato and a 4 minute boiled egg. Dressing was the yoke with a couple teaspoons lemon juice. No picture though.
    Last night made hickory smoked pork loin slices and potato; smoked a red potato while I was it and added a little ketchup and tomatillo salsa.
    u8up6uav00no.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Starter of watermelon/feta/mint/pomegranate molasses. Main of broiled chicken thigh, chimchurri, hasselback Jersey Royals, butter and garlic sauteed snowpeas. It's too hot to use the oven, so chicken and potatoes were done in the air fryer.
    alt6slradxty.jpeg
    ogt7vm6cogdz.jpeg

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Ready-for-the-Weekend Salad -

With all the labor-intensive prep (chopping) out of the way, I've cleared the decks for summer weekend activities, needing only to grill up some protein and maybe add in some sort of additional simple side.

Broken Spaghetti with Mixed Veggies salad, lightly dressed with homemade Italian herb vinaigrette. OK, the sharp-eyed among you will note that this is fettuccine, but the principle is what counts, LOL. What veg? Well, tomato, red onion, green and red peppers, yellow squash, celery, radish, cucumber (seeded and partially peeled), broccoli. I broke the standard dried strands into thirds; next time, probably quarters.

Enjoy the weekend, all!

g5w9qhrlo29v.jpg
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Dinner last night for me and my friend:

Turkey burgers
    -1 lb ground turkey
    -3 tablespoons Kroger brand garlic breadcrumbs
    -1 egg
    - cook in a non-stick pan over medium heat, turning once. I added shredded mozzarella on top

Side of roasted asparagus with olive oil, salt, and garlic. +1 for eating veggies, cuz I never do but am trying to more often.

Appetizer of a freshly cut pineapple :p

The turkey burgers came out so incredibly moist and I don't know why. Usually I find turkey burgers or chicken burgers SO dry, but these were super moist last night, and I even reheated in the microwave for lunch today and they were still not dry!
  • Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Fried chicken tenders, a combination of whole grain spaghetti and zuchini noodles with marinara.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,566 Member
    Steamed turnip greens with diced turnips, diced onions and a sauce that included spicy brown mustard; mushrooms; savory baked tofu slices; steamed zucchini with diced grape tomatoes; apple slices
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Chicken tacos
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    edited June 2019
    Roasted Veg (Cauliflower, broccoli, carrots & courgettes) made with olive oil and cumin & paprika seasoning.

Once cooked I added some red onion, parsley and I made a nice sauce using “Philadelphia Lightest” cheese.

Pic was taken before putting in the oven 😊
    o986ul3h5xua.jpeg
  • SunshineShari
    SunshineShari Posts: 10 Member
    Baked chicken, salad and rice and beans
  • acpgee
    A snack of my cube shaped bitterballen with mustard. Cutting a trayful of cubes is less work than rolling the batter into little balls, the traditional shape. I heated up a few in the air fryer from the batch I made for the freezer. These are a Dutch bar snack of croquettes made from beef stew which are liquid when you bite into a hot one.
    1j1lgwexhuvs.jpeg
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    i244zoe7vzmx.jpg

Wings.. teriyaki with sauce and corn in the grill..
  • acpgee
    Mostly hot weather food. Ajo blanco followed salad of watermelon/feta/mint drizzled with pomegranate molasses. Main of unseasonal buccatina carbonara stretched with a little spiralized courgette.
    ubi0dtlf92es.jpeg
    x1nk2vx59b7v.jpeg
    cjlo2mpufy3d.jpeg

• tashaervina
    tashaervina Posts: 13 Member
    ^^^ That all looks so yummy and fresh!

I made glowing lentil soup:

Red lentils
    Onion
    Garlic
    EVOO
    Vegetable Broth
    Diced Tomatos
    Spinach
    Coconut milk
    Turmeric

Optional: shrimp

Its very filling, but light.
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Butter chicken last week and today some palak paneer.
  • acpgee
    Potatoes mashed with cottage cheese. Umbrian (ie no tomatoes) chicken cacciatore pulled out from the freezer that was batch cooked a few weekends ago. Crispy parmesan edamame.
    4h5uip36xd9m.jpeg
  • Five0Six
    Five0Six Posts: 112 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    I boiled some hotdogs, and microwaved some baked beans. Does that count?

That's about as far as I go with cooking, too. My ability to cook can be summed up by the great Paris Hilton:

38fl5knnk2na.gif
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    So, the family enjoyed the large broken-pasta-and-veg salad I made to tide us over (with various grilled proteins) for a weekend filled with summer activities (see my previous post above, p. 65). Today they said, "do it again, maybe a little different." And one family member wants to count her carbs separately rather than apportioned by recipe-servings calcs. Fair enough. I present today's two salads: "Couscous-With-Veggies" and "Cucumber Dill." What is like pasta, but different? Couscous, of course. And between these two, I got a chance to clear out the fridge in prep for 4th of July foods.

Veg present with the couscous: green and red bell peppers, broccoli, celery, grape tomatoes, red onion, yellow summer squash, cucumber (seeded and partially peeled), radish. Cucumber salad has cukes, red pepper and shallot.

Served tonight with the ubiquitous grilled chicken breasts.

jj7bea3g862q.jpg

ls8pvtduocke.jpg

• bosque1234
    bosque1234 Posts: 60 Member
    bf76emwhv6yp.jpg
    egg whites w/ one yolk, cheese obviously, spices, herbs, fresh fruit, pumpkin seeds, green tea, coffee...baking a chicken later.