psychod787 wrote: »
    My belly! Letting it get bigger is making me feel better! Lol

rccq6px9d6ja.gif

HUGS BACK TO YOU!
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    PennyP312 wrote: »
    I appreciate this thread today.
    I’m struggling big time with body image after recently having my 4th baby in 7 years.

I’m trying hard to appreciate my body for its strength, but am so discouraged when I look in the mirror. I’ve gained and lost the same 50 lbs 3 times and I have to do it again after this last baby.

Will report back when I can think of a body part I am learning to love.

Post partum is always a hard time to find something to love (I’d send you a virtual hug but I’m super introverted and non touchy, so here’s an awkward virtual pat on the back 😆) Intellectually I always appreciated a body able to carry and give birth to four babies (mine are 9,7,5,&3 now), but really, I just wanted pants that fit and not to still feel pregnant. However, I usually ended up with two or so months of actual boobs, so maybe there’s that?
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 526 Member
    I love not having double knees anymore! You know, you bend your knee and there's enough meat to make an extra knee on the inside? Yep, loving these knees now! ;)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    alohajls wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I love this thread!

I'm starting to really appreciate my shoulders. The muscles now pop when I lift, and I relish in giving the metaphorical middle finger to all the men who make disparaging comments about women who have muscles.

I like gals that lift! Sorry for being a chovenist, but when a lady benches more than me.... grrrrrr.... lol 😅 I like a curvy with muscles look! If she can deal with me being burly instead of lean and deal with my lifestyle... I'll put a ring on her!

I've lost a lot of weight (100 pounds) and still have a lot to go (ug, at least 60). I'm approaching 50 years old, have been obese forever and can't say I like much about the way my body looks. BUT--the other day I was at the gym and the young guy using the weight machine (lat pull down) before me was being nice and offered to adjust the weight down to my level... Sorry big guy, you will need to move it from the measly 100 you were pulling to 140 for this fat old lady! I didn't actually say that, but the look on his face when I said 'no, no, 140 for me' made my day (my week!).

I can't believe I'm stronger than anyone in any way, let alone a fit young guy. So I guess I like my lats? Not words I ever thought I would utter...

You win ma'am! I only lat pull 120 for sets of 12-15!
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    When I was in high school I hated my big feet. Later, I discovered yoga and balancing poses. I now give my big feet credit for being able to balance well in yoga and crazy good on this test https://posturemovementpain.com/2014/01/30/how-long-should-i-be-able-to-balance-on-one-leg/

This must be why I have almost no balance...I wear a 6.

Got ya beat, I wear a size 3 in kids. And yes, I cannot do yoga poses or I fall over!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Bump(y thighs)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Bump(y thighs)

Why not
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Seeing improvements in my arms, probably more to do with keeping the weigjt off than actual recomp. Things do bounce back, it's just slow and steady. I'm proud of how I look and what I can do.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    BUMP