superfood75 Posts: 294 Member
    f1klnbpf7xuo.png
  • superfood75
    Day 1 done :)
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    f1klnbpf7xuo.png

What does it mean kettle bell swings for time?
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    edited July 2019
    Day 1 Done! Not sure what 'for time' means.
  • GuessimGryffindor
    Wasn’t sure so didn’t start( my loss) over thinking sucks, I’ll start to day maybe just time myself?
  • superfood75
    Wasn’t sure so didn’t start( my loss) over thinking sucks, I’ll start to day maybe just time myself?
    Hi, I went on the website. So you just time yourself how long it takes to do 100 swings. .
  • superfood75
    edited July 2019
    Day 1 Done! Not sure what 'for time' means.

Great job!! Time yourself to see how long it takes to do the swings.
  • superfood75
    Day 2 done!
  • GuessimGryffindor
    Ha so I just watched a video cause I wasn’t really even sure what a kettle bell swing was. So now I understand the difference between American and Russian. This morning what I did is start with the kettle bell on the floor squat down thighs just below parallel grip kettle bell swing up to the sky back down to the floor repeat 10 sets of five. So that’s worth something right?😁
  • bjdavidson964
    Ha so I just watched a video cause I wasn’t really even sure what a kettle bell swing was. So now I understand the difference between American and Russian. This morning what I did is start with the kettle bell on the floor squat down thighs just below parallel grip kettle bell swing up to the sky back down to the floor repeat 10 sets of five. So that’s worth something right?😁

I would be extremely cautious with that overhead movement. Especially since it seems you're somewhat new to doing kettlebell swings. From what I've read if not done correctly, the overhead swing version is more prone to causing injury. I'm only going to chest level. But then...I'm a female.
  • GuessimGryffindor
    I would be extremely cautious with that overhead movement. Especially since it seems you're somewhat new to doing kettlebell swings. From what I've read if not done correctly, the overhead swing version is more prone to causing injury. I'm only going to chest level. But then...I'm a female.[/quote]

Yeah I understand, was not using a heavy kettle bell the biggest challenge where the deep squats. Upon looking it up I guess what I was doing was more akin to the American/CrossFit style as far the swing I mean.
  • bjdavidson964
    I would be extremely cautious with that overhead movement. Especially since it seems you're somewhat new to doing kettlebell swings. From what I've read if not done correctly, the overhead swing version is more prone to causing injury. I'm only going to chest level. But then...I'm a female.

Yeah I understand, was not using a heavy kettle bell the biggest challenge where the deep squats. Upon looking it up I guess what I was doing was more akin to the American/CrossFit style as far the swing I mean.[/quote]

Sounds as if you're educating yourself! Good...that goes a long way towards preventing injury!
  • bjdavidson964
    Day 2 Done!
  • superfood75
    Day 3 done!
  • bjdavidson964
    Day 3 Done!
  • GuessimGryffindor
    Late to the commitment, but I’m in. Today is my day 1 I’ll update later when complete!
  • GuessimGryffindor
    7/4/19 Day 1 IN DA BOOKS!
    5pu
    100ks 15lb 4x25 10:51:84 min.
  • superfood75
    edited July 2019
    7/4/19 Day 1 IN DA BOOKS!
    5pu
    100ks 15lb 4x25 10:51:84 min.

Glad you joined and great job!!