LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Oh it was 2 days of cleaning out. That first night was miserable though. SO bloated and so gassy!
    I had some alcohol last night in preparation for these next 10 days lol. And drunk me wanted carbs! So I had some. Popcorn, snickers, 2 Italian ice icy pops. And I think that's it. Not too bad considering it could've been a lot worse lol. I also ate some of the baked mac & cheese leftovers from hub's work party.
    Was sure my weight would be up this morning but it was down from what it had been stuck at. It was stuck at around 175ish and was 172 something.
    It's still not where I want to be but ya know.. I'm not going to get all down about it either. Crap is gonna happen. I'm not always going to be perfect and that's ok so long as I don't allow myself to spiral back to how I used to eat.

Still have some cleaning to do before they get here today. Need to mop and clean out the bathroom they'll be using.
    All of this would've been done, but I've been procrastinating HARD this week lol.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    LMAO well at least you're gettin' it done babe! Sometimes a little switch up, even in the "wrong" direction will give you a little drop so yay for carbs AND lower weight! :D
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    The cleaning that you have been doing are also exercises. So, calories will be burnt👍
    When are your guests coming? Hope everything will be A-OK.
  • LiLee2018
    Hey everyone!
    So far so good. First day of just me with them until DH gets home and it was ok. A little awkward but not too bad thankfully.
    Like i said.... I made it worse in my head than it's turning out to be. Thanks so much anxiety! You suck! :neutral:

I have not been sticking to keto. I haven't been horrible though. Like yesterday... non keto things I ate was 1 slice of pizza for lunch and then for dinner I had a bite of the other type of mac & cheese I had made and after dinner had a blueberry crisp thing that was made.
    I haven't been overeating at all so I'm hoping that helps to keep my weight under control at the very least. Not expecting to lose weight, but hoping to at least keep it from going up again.

Tonight's dinner is supposed to be chips and hot dogs. Gotta think cheap when you're trying to feed 10 people lol. Or well... 5 adults, 1 teenager and 3 picky children :P lol I'll skip the chips but I'll have me some hotdogs.. with chili!
  • mistymeadows2005
    NOM NOM NOM!!! Sounds like good eats!! Glad things are easier than you intended...the anxiety struggle is REAL GIRL! I feel you! LOL
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Glad things are going better than expected!!!!
  • jadepearl
    Glad to hear that everything is working out fine 👍😁 Great job on your eating too👍😊❤️
  • LiLee2018
    They went out to the movies so I have a couple of hours thankfully. Let my gross flag fly /picks nose
    Seriously though, it hasn't been bad.
    Still awkward sometimes, but not bad.

Food though hasn't been great.
    I haven't been OMADing. I've been drinking 2 cups of coffee (monk fruit, heavy cream or half & half) in the morning. Then at around lunch time I'll munch on something. Yesterday was spicy pork rinds.
    Then dinner is whatever. Yesterday I had 6 hot dogs no buns w/ a little bit of bean chili and diced onion and 1 avocado w/ ranch.
    After dinner I ate a blueberry crisp muffin houseguest made.
    She enjoys baking and dangit.. I'm gonna enjoy her creations! lol
    I controlled myself and only ate ONE muffin, but I'm sure that was the limit of the amount of carbs/sugar my body can handle without bloating back up.

I'm still 10lbs over my lowest weight. YEESH. I got some serious dieting to do after they leave. After they leave, Only have about 3 or 4 weeks before beach trip. I mean... honestly at this point I'm not even worrying about losing a ton before the trip... but I don't want to NOT lose anything either, ya know?
  • mistymeadows2005
    Stay motivated babe! It's easier to do so when you're in the depths of the routine, I get it...but if you can even OMAD for 1 day, or whatever, it'll keep you in the right mindset so that the transition back will be easier IMO :)

I find that eating outside my eating window will hurt my weight more than carbs/salt/sh**ty food choices during my window, so maybe that's a good way to sneak around the discombobulation LOL
  • jadepearl
    You can do it...cheering you on from Down Under! <3
  • LiLee2018
    So.... change of plan.
    Houseguests might be staying with us a month.
    A bit of background. The husband worked in DC until he could retire and accepted a job in Florida. I had thought that they were just waiting for their house in florida to be ready to be moved in to which was why they were staying with us for 10days.
    Turns out, they don't have ANY home in Florida for various reasons which were all understandable.
    They have one place that was just offered up to them and they're thinking about taking it without even looking at this point, but the people living there wouldn't be moving out until the first of August... so... yeah.
    SIGH!
    I mean.. they're not bad houseguests by any means. It's just the thought of losing that intimate comfort you can only get in your own home for a month that sucks, but DH and I both agreed to let them stay if they wanted.
    It's just a month and it's helping them out which I know they would do for us if that ever happened.

I still plan on getting back to dieting next week though. I can't keep pushing it off. It shouldn't be a problem though.
    I just won't be exercising any b/c I don't like doing it in front of other people other than my kids. Just self conscious lol.
    So yeah...
    In the meantime though.. just going to take it easy and try not to overindulge. I think I'm doing ok so far. I've controlled myself since they've been here which I'm really proud of. I just need to keep that up until I get back to ketoing and OMADing (or at least IFing)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Good GOD - I've said it before and I'll say it again...you're a SAINT! I'd have nixed that *kitten* the MOMENT I found out it was 10 days :D

You're a good person, a MUCH better person than I.....
  • volgirl1322
    WOW that is a lot and a LONG time........but if you can handle it and they would do the same for you then I guess you kinda half too but good grief :).......
  • jadepearl
    Wow... 1 month? You are an angel 😍❤️ So, there are like family then😀
  • LiLee2018
    Alrighty.
    Sorry for not posting, but well.. nothing much to report on other than I haven't been eating well this past week.
    Yesterday was the last day of that though and it's back to keto OMAD starting today.
    I'm going to miss my morning cup of coffee, but now I get to look forward to my 3pm cup lol
    Damn.. why does it have to be so dang easy to gain weight?? Sigh
    TTOTM should be arriving soon so that isn't helping.
    But... Gotta get back in to the swing of things before our vacation that is quickly approaching. Need to stop using excuses to keep eating poorly.

• mistymeadows2005
    I totally get it babe...the struggle is real! Esp with a holiday thrown in there, I've been doing nothing short of desperately holding onto not gaining :D Back on track today babe, I'm with you! :#
  • volgirl1322
    Yep I agree it was a long weekend filled with foodie goodness ---but back on the horse this morning.....OMADING on :)
  • LiLee2018
    Calories for today.. about 1500. I didn't OMAD. Just IF bc I'm weaksauce and the coffee was calling to me. Oh well. It's a start though and glad to be back on the keto train at least. I'll eventually get back in to the OMAD swing of things
  • jadepearl
    I 100% agree coz after my "all you can eat family gatherings", I put on weight and now I am struggling so very hard to loose it. 1500 calories is not that bad, my dear. If you eat around your TDEE, it should be fine. How's your guests?
  • LiLee2018
    Houseguests are good. They're the types of people that can't just sit around and be lazy... like me lol. So they've been going out every day while they've been here. I don't care if they do or don't, but it has been nice to have my house back at least for a couple of hours.
    They're good though and I've been good too.
    I'm shy but I'm also the type that will eventually open up over time and won't be so self conscious about showing my weirdness lol. I'm still awkward as hell but it hasn't been too bad. This is only the 2nd week though and they're supposed to be here for at least 3 more so... yeah. I know they're eager to get to their new home, but they have to wait for the current residents to move out.

Anywho...

So still not OMADing today. I'm working my way up to it. I broke it at 12:30 yesterday and 1:00 today. Will aim for 1:30 or later tomorrow. I'll eventually get and stay with 3pm or later every day lol.
    Already dropped 2 pounds but my arms last night were aching like crazy. Like a crampy weird feeling that kept waking me up all night long. Not sure if it's diet related or not.
    Oh and I ate leftover pork ribs for dinner w/ a little bit of SF BBQ sauce and chipotle hotsauce. I also had some coffee with half and half and monk fruit and a little bit of pork rinds.
    I've already had a coffee and pork rinds AND pork ribs today so I'll be keeping dinner light by eating a big yummy salad.