New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    slbbw wrote: »
    slbbw wrote: »
    Just found these at costco. I can make something better myself, but it is nice to have in a pinch.

3D-Frittata-EggWhite_6ct_050918_1024x1024.png?v=1537540556

Please report back once you try them. I look at them every time I go but haven't bought them yet. They're on my radar! 😎

A little dry but generally pretty good. They are individually wrapped, so I plan to throw some into the freezer at work as a low cal snack.

How is the size? Need several for a lunch?

70 cal each for a bigger than mini muffin but smaller than reg muffin sized. They are pretty dense. A serving of 3 for 210 cal would be a pretty good small meal for me. 15g carbs, 12g fat and 15g protein.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    These look interesting:
    40f7b34p6pf1.jpg
    Wow I’ve never seen these! I would buy.

I saw them at Whole Foods and wanted to get them, but I'll be going out of town for the holiday weekend. If they're still on the shelves next week, I plan to try them.
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    edited July 2019
    Chia seeds...again LOL and non-fat plain yogurt
  • hols585
    hols585 Posts: 1 Member
    if I continue to do this tracking, how long before it starts to show
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    u0yl41m1lz06.jpeg
    2fapcfbf09oe.jpeg

Both of these products were excellent. The maple pecan puffs were just the right amount of sweet with a layer of glazed perfection. I tried the Kansas City BBQ and the original “bacon” chips and both were delicious.

I am really curious about the vegan bacon chips, but I don't like mushrooms. Could you tell they were made of mushrooms when you had them?
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    u0yl41m1lz06.jpeg
    2fapcfbf09oe.jpeg

Both of these products were excellent. The maple pecan puffs were just the right amount of sweet with a layer of glazed perfection. I tried the Kansas City BBQ and the original “bacon” chips and both were delicious.

I am really curious about the vegan bacon chips, but I don't like mushrooms. Could you tell they were made of mushrooms when you had them?

No, this brand doesn't taste like mushrooms or have the texture at all!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Mixed this with my greek yogurt this morning. YUM! Excellent coffee flavor, way better than Quest's Cold Brew. I went onto to Amazon and ordered the Caramel Frappe after tasting this one.

70ynsdukvodw.jpg

I definitely have to try this. I absolutely love coffee and coffee flavored things especially protein items.
  • FrazierRach
    FrazierRach Posts: 9 Member
    I just ordered $60 worth of Built Bars just so I could try the two new flavors. What is wrong with me XD

These posts and the marketing got me too. I ordered one box but if I like them I'm sure I'm over do it and buy many more. I have a thing for protein bars. 😁

Okay everyone keeps talking about these bars here, so I finally caved and ordered the sampler (10 diff flavors) box. I hope y'all are right and these are good. XD
  • apullum
    u0yl41m1lz06.jpeg
    2fapcfbf09oe.jpeg

Okay, I am willing to try a mushroom if you really think I'll believe it's not a mushroom :) We'll be in Berkeley one weekend and I'm making a list of all the "unique" food I can probably find there that I can't get in my smaller town.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    edited July 2019
    I just ordered $60 worth of Built Bars just so I could try the two new flavors. What is wrong with me XD

These posts and the marketing got me too. I ordered one box but if I like them I'm sure I'm over do it and buy many more. I have a thing for protein bars. 😁

Okay everyone keeps talking about these bars here, so I finally caved and ordered the sampler (10 diff flavors) box. I hope y'all are right and these are good. XD

Mine were delivered yesterday and I've had a couple. They are indeed very good! Like candy bar good. My only complaint is the texture isn't what I'm used to. These are chewy similar to firm and sticky marshmallow Easter candy is. I prefer to cut my protein bars into pieces so I can eat them really slow so that doesn't work too well. But they are delicious yes, and low calorie.

My favorite protein bars remains to be Costco's Kirkland chocolate chip cookie dough, and Julian Bakery Primal Thin Sweet Cream. Firmer textures and knife friendly.
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member

My favorite protein bars remains to be Costco's Kirkland chocolate chip cookie dough, and Julian Bakery Primal Thin Sweet Cream. Firmer textures and knife friendly.

Kirkland Bars are delicious! I love the ones in the blue wrapper (Brownie?) but alas foiled again by lactose intolerance :(
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Just a tip for those who don't care for the texture of the Built Bars: apparently freezing them is a good thing :) I'll try doing that when I get my two boxes :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member

Mine were delivered yesterday and I've had a couple. They are indeed very good! Like candy bar good. My only complaint is the texture isn't what I'm used to. These are chewy similar to firm and sticky marshmallow Easter candy is. I prefer to cut my protein bars into pieces so I can eat them really slow so that doesn't work too well. But they are delicious yes, and low calorie.

I really like the Built bars but, yeah, I have to cut them up or tear off pieces for dental reasons and it's sooooooo messy.

I don't think it would work if I freezed them either depending on how hard they get.

I think, if people can deal with the marshmallowy texture, they'll enjoy them. And the protein per calorie ratio is even better than my beloved quest cereal bars *RIP*.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

I really like the Built bars but, yeah, I have to cut them up or tear off pieces for dental reasons and it's sooooooo messy.

I don't think it would work if I freezed them either depending on how hard they get.

I think, if people can deal with the marshmallowy texture, they'll enjoy them. And the protein per calorie ratio is even better than my beloved quest cereal bars *RIP*.

I have like 10 boxes of expired Quest beyond bars lol...
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    u0yl41m1lz06.jpeg
    2fapcfbf09oe.jpeg

Okay, I am willing to try a mushroom if you really think I'll believe it's not a mushroom :) We'll be in Berkeley one weekend and I'm making a list of all the "unique" food I can probably find there that I can't get in my smaller town.

I didn't find them to be mushroomy at all, but I do eat a lot of mushrooms. They had a great texture and were loaded with flavor. I got them at Sprouts, which I'm sure you'll find on the way to, or near Berkeley. I also found the palmini noodles in the pouch at Sprouts, which were excellent. If you download the free Sprouts app, sometimes you'll find good deals. Try and stop at a few different Grocery Outlets on the way too, different ones have different things available. I have one in the town that I live in, but I like stopping at other ones to check out what they have. I find lots of treasures!
  • apullum
    u0yl41m1lz06.jpeg
    2fapcfbf09oe.jpeg

I didn't find them to be mushroomy at all, but I do eat a lot of mushrooms. They had a great texture and were loaded with flavor. I got them at Sprouts, which I'm sure you'll find on the way to, or near Berkeley. I also found the palmini noodles in the pouch at Sprouts, which were excellent. If you download the free Sprouts app, sometimes you'll find good deals. Try and stop at a few different Grocery Outlets on the way too, different ones have different things available. I have one in the town that I live in, but I like stopping at other ones to check out what they have. I find lots of treasures!

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who stops at Grocery Outlet whenever I travel :)