What's the best thing you ate today? (Motivational/Reflective)

Replies

• 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    a kit kat bar
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Love this idea!
    Best thing I ate was cough drops (I’m sick right now with a bad cold) which I subbed in for butterscotches I’d been eating like they were going off the market! Less sugar & more soothing to throat.
  • htowers5
    htowers5 Posts: 7 Member
    Right now, trader joes frozen edamame.
  • Katykoro
    Katykoro Posts: 5 Member
    1 pound of apples 😀
  • tcbodie
    tcbodie Posts: 5 Member
    Best as in taste or as in healthy? Healthiest thing I've had today was probably an avocado, tastiest was lima beans and rice. Don't judge me... :-)
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Lima beans and rice sounds yummy (CARBS!) Best thing for me was a toss up between my Greek yogurt and blackberries dessert and the arugula/watermelon/feta cheese/pine nuts with balsamic glaze salad I had for dinner.
  • jfdi6960
    jfdi6960 Posts: 76 Member
    dinner - quorn lasagne made with tortilla wraps
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Shrimp cocktail. Yum.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    I need to start doing this again! Why is it so much easier to stop doing things that are good for you than it is to stop doing things that don't help you in the long run??

Today is a pizza day, so I will be making the most delicious pizza ever. I don't know what I'm going to have on it (probably zucchini and onion as I have some that I need to use up) but it doesn't matter because it is always delicious and always just what I need.

What is the tastiest thing you ate today?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Technically yesterday, but I made a spinach/tomato/mozzarella/feta flatbread pizza with alfredo sauce. It was amazing.
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    I had some incredibly tasty baby spinach. My homemade vegetable moussaka wasn't bad either, but that spinach was just such a good example of it's type!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    I had pizza for only the 3rd time this year, it was a chain pizza (not a better one) and I was kind of bummed that I'd put my dinner away to join others for dinner. I normally have salad for lunch. I bought tortillas and wrapped my salad instead with habanero salsa, it's really good especially for a 60 calorie tortilla!
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Homemade fresh guacamole!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Yesterday the best thing I had was smashed avocado, sea salt and chicken salad on a slice of Italian bread. Yum!! 2nd best was pretzels dipped into the peanut butter jar. :blush:
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Today I am loading up on proteins ....I am going to have steak, salmon, chicken. Oh, and a salad. ;)
  • Draculza
    Draculza Posts: 61 Member
    Lunch. Steamed broccoli, cauliflower and green beans with sauteed onions and mushrooms and some biltong (South African version of beef jerky)
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited December 2019
    We had “appetizer night” for dinner, and my favorite thing for the day was the Trader Joe’s pastry pups (like pigs in a blanket). I only had one, but it was yummy! Followed closely by the dark chocolate sea salt caramel I had after dinner, also from TJs.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I had a fudgy brownie for breakfast, with my coffee. :smooched:
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I had a fudgy brownie for breakfast, with my coffee. :smooched:

My kind of breakfast. :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Oatmeal with baked apples, cranberries, cinnamon, cashew milk, flaxseed, and chia seeds. For some reason it's a comfort meal to me.