Inspirational Quotes

Replies

• smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Don't give up on a goal simply because of the time it will take to reach it. The time will pass anyway.
  • AmatullahMuwahidah
    AmatullahMuwahidah Posts: 22 Member
    0oaonon0178o.png
  • Five0Six
    Five0Six Posts: 112 Member
    Weight loss is not linear. It is not a test. You will not be graded.

That always helped me be more patient.
  • AmatullahMuwahidah
    lc2p6ryb6ajy.png

It was only when I realised I had no other option, when I realised I MUST get healthy, only then did I find the motivation I needed. There was no other option!
  • AmatullahMuwahidah
    We are all unique, what works for one person may not work for another. You will be told so much advice and pointed in many different directions, follow the path which is suitable to YOU. If it works for YOU, then it’s the right plan.
  • AmatullahMuwahidah
    h23dzr49u2sg.png
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    We are all unique, what works for one person may not work for another. You will be told so much advice and pointed in many different directions, follow the path which is suitable to YOU. If it works for YOU, then it’s the right plan.

I've seen this one many times and I think it deserves a caveat. Like, meth works for me so, does that mean it's the right plan? I mean, sure, if I'm okay with the horrific side effects up to and including death! Also, there are some things that work for everyone.

I just think this particular quote should include an asterisk ;)
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    qjgjpwpau9vx.jpg
  • AmatullahMuwahidah
    Instead of trying to numb the pain with emotional eating, allow the pain to burn out of you via some heavy lifting. Find your strength! Eating sugar releases endorphins and a short burst of happiness, followed by regret and guilt. Exercise, releases endorphins, followed by confidence and pride. Do not let your sadness become your obstacle, let go of comfort eating, let your sadness be your motivator towards positive change.
  • AmatullahMuwahidah
    56ea88u98arq.png
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Good quotes, good motivators. Bookmarking this thread to reread often.
  • cobalt108
    cobalt108 Posts: 60 Member
    Pain is just weakness leaving your body
    ~ marine core mantra
  • AmatullahMuwahidah
    xvtyb5qdx9g1.png

You have the power, to take control of your cravings. Empower yourself with the ability to say “No”! Put down that snack and go to sleep, you’ll thank yourself for it in the morning.
  • AmatullahMuwahidah
    ydw6bjdvd3sy.png
    You may want to reach that finish line fast, you may get frustrated at the time it takes, but slow and steady wins the race!
  • It's a dangerous business, going out of your door... And if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you may be swept off to.