What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    My family has season passes to a local amusement park, and this year they changed the "look" of the passes. When we went on Monday for the first time this year, the woman at the entrance had me get my photo taken again, but didn't have my daughters get theirs taken. When I asked why, she said "You look a lot different, so I thought you needed a new photo." I proudly announced "Thank you! I've lost 50 pounds." She proceeded to tell me that I look fantastic...totally made my day! :)

Get it!
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Starting to fit into Target smalls. Actually ended up not getting anything because the cute clearance swimsuits were actually too big. Unlike other clothing, I can't wear a swimsuit loose.

Ohmygod your profile pic. LOVE THAT GAME!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited July 2019
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I can't believe the small amount of food I need to be completely satisfied. It's a real eye opener. For the first time in my life, I know when to stop eating. This is nothing short of a miracle. ☺

Girlfriend...YOU ROCK and are on your way to "seeing"/knowing/being/doing/living in forever self-control a.k.a. FABULOUS land. Mega YAY YOU!!!!! o:)<3o:)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    My family has season passes to a local amusement park, and this year they changed the "look" of the passes. When we went on Monday for the first time this year, the woman at the entrance had me get my photo taken again, but didn't have my daughters get theirs taken. When I asked why, she said "You look a lot different, so I thought you needed a new photo." I proudly announced "Thank you! I've lost 50 pounds." She proceeded to tell me that I look fantastic...totally made my day! :)

NSV indeed--how fabulous and YAY YOU & BOOM!!!!!
  • jaroby
    jaroby Posts: 152 Member
    hatsumi141 wrote: »
    Finally mastered z96nyajrofxm.jpg
    (eight-angle pose) in yoga...no easy feat.

Awesome accomplishment, @maureenseel1984!

Wow what a milestone I'd kill to be able to do that. Really inspiring :)

Practice...and accepting that failing and falling is all part of the journey. It was a milestone for me too. This pose is so much harder than Parsva Bakasana/side crow pose. Something about the fear of lifting that bottom leg off the ground is really hard. I get into it from a bound chair pose.
    I got my handstand and actually had a little hang-time...it's taken forever for me to not be terrified of only being on my hands.bjachx0svsl0.jpg

Might I ask, how did you incorporate practice and strength building for these poses? I love being strong, I’ve also decided I want to work towards the strength needed (mental & physical) to accomplish things like this! Is there a program you followed? Or did you just continue progressing in certain poses to build up to this? I don’t exactly know which question or type of question to ask since my framework for building strength is centered around a lifting program or fitnessblender.com workouts :smiley: I know handstands require consistent practice, but I’m unsure where to start. Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!