Eggs!

Replies

• floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    SHEET PAN EGGS!

Exactly what it sounds like-- a sheet pan, crack eggs all over, salt and pepper and whatever you wanna season it with. Oven at 425 for 7-15 minutes depending on how well you like them. If you're meal prepping, you can undercook them a little so when you re-heat them they don't get rubbery or the yolks don't get dry.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Tried something new. I had some leftovers that I wanted to scramble in some eggs. I opened the cupboard to grab some red pepper flakes and saw a tube of Wasabi. Thought "What the heck?" I added about 1/2 a teaspoon of the ready made Wasabi paste. Who would've thought? Added a great taste. I put it in my scrambled eggs every time now.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Sweet potato hash and eggs. Dice a sweet potato and boil. Saute with whatever veggies you like ( I usually use some combo of zucchini, mushrooms, sweet and hot peppers, onion, and spinach). Season how you like. I like smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Top with two fried eggs.

I also love to make Shakshuka and clean-out-the-fridge omelets or frittatas when I am in a pinch.
  • rbk2620
    rbk2620 Posts: 8 Member
    My favorite egg dish: Philly cheese Egg 'fritatta':
    saute onions, peppers, mushrooms. Add in some precooked lean steak bits. Scramble egg with a bit of garlic, parsley, chive, and pour over the vegies and lean meat. A sprinkle of low cal parm/mozarella blend.
    So yummy and less calories than so many breakfast foods. Swap in/out other veggies and herbs. ♡♡
  • katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    I'm a sucker for pre-prepared ingredients, so my favorite is a super easy stovetop fritatta. In a non-stick skillet, sautee 1/4 cup frozen diced onion and 1/2 tsp minced garlic (packed in oil). Throw in halved cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, last night's leftover asparagus, etc. Add 2-3 cups raw baby spinach and a pinch of salt. Cook just until spinach is wilted and a bright, deep green. Beat 2 eggs with Italian seasoning (or fresh chopped basil, oregano) and pour over spinach/veggie mix. When the edges start to firm, reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook until top of eggs are set. Remove from heat, add some shredded sharp cheddar, recover, let sit until cheese is melted.

I like to eat half, paired with half a whole wheat English muffin topped with whipped fat free Greek yogurt/cream cheese spread, and whatever fruit is handy - banana, strawberries, cantaloupe, or watermelon. The other half is either a quick dinner reheat or breakfast to go the next morning.
  • bosque1234
    bosque1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Simple, I use 3 egg whites and one yolk. (for flavor). I do scrambled, folded for omelette, etc with a Penzey's spice called Sunny Paris, (the best!), pepper, maybe a teeny bit of parmesan cheese, and then add tomatoes, spinach, cheese or any other veggie sides. Or not and just eggs. But they have to have Sunny Paris in them with wonderful flavor.
  • kenzmckenz
    kenzmckenz Posts: 5 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Shakshuka.
    9z0smybg4djj.jpg

Thank you for the suggestion! Tried it this morning for breakfast! Life changing!!!!

Thanks!!
  • tlf318
    tlf318 Posts: 8 Member
    Scrambled Eggs 1 teaspoon per egg using Sour cream whisk really well til no sour cream visible.Then I add to hot skillet on high heat sprayed with butter spray & stir in Dried Chives,salt,pepper,Garlic powder,& 1-2 teaspoons butter.Their light & fluffy & so flavorful sometimes I don't even need the ketchup.
  • tlf318
    Egg salad sandwhich:1-2 hard boiled eggs shell removed & diced up,I add some lite mayo 35 calories per tablespoon,a diced small white onion & some celery,salt & pepper,a few dashes hot sauce or& even Emerils seasoning original really flavorful & good.Serve on crackers or 2 slices lightly toasted Aunt Millies 35 calories per slice bread so total calories 70 for the bread & I figure half of that mixture each egg is 70 calories the onion & celery probably an extra 10 then the mayo give or take 35 calories so I figure for 1 sandwhich 170 calories tats half of the egg salad.
  • tlf318
    French toast:3 slices Aunt millies bread thats 105 calories total,take 2 eggs that's 140 total mix with 2 teaspoon fat free sour cream with a little water & sprinkle in some cinnamon depending on sour cream about 20 calories.I take each slice dredge both sides add to a really hot skillet sprayed with butter spray no calories cook both sides til golden,when I flip them a couple times spray then with butter spray to give them a buttery taste.Then I serve with a sprinkling powdered sugar lightly & serve with sugar free maple syrup.So total calories 300 give or take.Really good.I've even added water enhancer Orange Vanilla mixed it with the Sugar free maple syrup a squirt really good.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I made veggie fritters with grated courgette, frozen peas, mint, crumbled feta for the first time tonight. You can use any flour (chickpea, coconut, nut, wheat) with eggs to bind the veg together. In a good non stick pan I didn't need to add oil. It struck me as an excellent way to get kids to eat veggies.
    ftztgva34kc4.jpeg

• arahas01
    arahas01 Posts: 9 Member
    Hard boiled eggs FTW! 😁
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    1 piece of Ezekiel bread toasted with 1/3 avocado mashed on top. Sprinkle on Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning. Top with 1 fried egg. Top with a little bit of kale-hemp seed pesto (find recipe online- really easy to make- or, TJ’s sells a version ready-made.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    I just scramble eggs with alittle cheese
  • suncakemom
    suncakemom Posts: 9 Member
    These are low carb keto dishes:
    Egg soupnij4cmyfr8j0.jpg

Scrambled eggs and brains:eqiyescji9bu.jpg

Floating island dessert:h2o6omp0nn4p.jpg

Depends on the vegetables used Deviled eggs with vegetable salad:isojhnd6fs1h.jpg

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Ham Egg and Cheese cups!
    1bagz10f0536.jpg
  • erkjak
    erkjak Posts: 4 Member
    jgigd097ikhw.jpeg
    Ham & Cheese Omelette
    650 Calories
    2.5g Carbs
    50.5g Fat
    46g Protein

I usually share it with my wife, so we only get half the calories.
  • nae5001
    nae5001 Posts: 3 Member
    Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites // 5 Ways (Starbucks Copycat)

https://www.platingsandpairings.com/instant-pot-sous-vide-egg-bites-starbucks-copycat/

I use 4 jelly jar size Ball canning jars (already in my house), sprayed with Pam cooking spray. I prefer extra sharp cheddar.