Dirty Bulk vs Clean Bulk

Hey guys, I’m 5’11 and currently weigh 143 lbs. I started to train 6 Months back when I weighed 132 lbs. I have been clean bulking eating cod, oats, salmon, chicken, rice, whole grain pasta. Being 5’11 I think I gotta gain around 20 lbs to look good and if I dirty bulk, I would achieve it quickly. Since I am an ectomorph, I feel I can cut quickly once I Bulk properly. Is dirty bulking the right way to go?

Replies

• giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Agreeing with the above. Take your time and do it right
  • Darren225g
    Darren225g Posts: 214 Member
    I'd say clean for sure. I remember dirty bulking a few years back, and i gained a lot of extra fat and that added an extra 3 months to my cut. I read a study that your body can only gain about 2 pounds of natural muscle monthly on a bulk, the rest of the extra weight just turns into fat.
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    Lean gains are always far more satisfying than gaining more fat than you need to. It's a marathon not a sprint and the idea is to gain whilst eating the in the lowest surplus you can. Some can get away with gaining on a mere 100 calorie surplus. Sounds like you gain weight easily so be in a rush to look big at the expense of looking good.
  • gjprfpum
    gjprfpum Posts: 1 Member
    Lean bulk is the way to go. After a certain surplus you'll just be gaining fat and not extra muscle. Eat a moderate surplus and lean bulk.
  • Ro_4R
    Ro_4R Posts: 100 Member
    I agree, lean bulk is on the long run the best and most effective