Struggling

My weight loss has stopped and I am sticking to my calories .... can anyone advice me on how to boost my loss ?

Replies

• Danfoster1994
    Danfoster1994 Posts: 3 Member
    Im 5 weeks in having the same issue, weigh everything only have 1500 calories per day yet the scales haven’t moved all week, infact look like they’re starting to go up
  • elinorwoodhall
    elinorwoodhall Posts: 20 Member
    I'm on 1200 and lost at the beginning... but now stopped
  • trbp72
    trbp72 Posts: 33 Member
    Could be that your body has become used to whatever exercise programme you have been doing on top of the calorie monitoring and so you need to change that up to kickstart the downward trend again...our bodies are incredible things and they adapt very quickly...but once the routine becomes the standard cycle...they relax into it and that is why subtle changes to exercise routines every 5-6 weeks for example are necessary to keep the body working to burn the calories.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    How long is it since you lost any weight? Weight loss isn't linear and you won't necessarily see a loss every week.

Also if you're closer to goal weight loss is a lot slower as fluctuations can mask loss.

yws5ml910ifi.jpg
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    See above graph it covers everything.

Can you provide a bit more details:
    Starting weight:
    Current weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Height?
    When you started logging/tracking:
    Have you added or increased exercise? When?
    How long have you "not moved" on scale? And by that do yu mean ZERO movement or "not much" movement?
  • Danfoster1994
    Started 4.5 weeks ago,
    Started at 90.5kg
    Currently 86.5kg
    Goal of 80kg
    Height 178cm
    Weight training and light cardio 3x per week
    Hit 86kg after week 3 now back to 86.5kg
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    edited July 2019
    Started 4.5 weeks ago,
    Started at 90.5kg
    Currently 86.5kg
    Goal of 80kg
    Height 178cm
    Weight training and light cardio 3x per week
    Hit 86kg after week 3 now back to 86.5kg

1.5 weeks is not a stall, could easily be water retention. a stall or plateau would be like 3+ weeks. Stick with it, in other 2.5 or so weeks still no movement lower your cals a bit
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Just wanted to say keep trying! Weight loss is tough to figure out. I always gain a little when I start a new program, from building muscle, and then vary up to a pound a day for no reason. Our bodies are complex, but eventually calorie deficits will win out.
  • Danfoster1994
    Im gonna keep at it and move the scales out of reach because its demotivating me. Just gonna monitor myself in the mirror through pics and my strength at the gym
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks.
    So you have lost 8.8lbs (4kg) in 4.5 weeks which is nearly 2lb/week - the maximum recommended for obese people (who are just lighting in the overweight BMI category I think). So you are right on track.

as mentioned 1.5 weeks is not much of a stall really especially as that means you lost more than 2lb/week some weeks.

So overall you are doing awesome and terrific and right on track if not a big aggressive even. WEight loss is not linear, some days will be up and down based on water fluctuations. exercise intensity and time of month can play into this (given you are just starting month two now).
    http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/