Thighs getting bigger

Options
amioc
amioc Posts: 175 Member
Hi I’ve been exercising for a month now to loose weight I’ve been doing mainly cardio like bike rower treadmill also some classes at my gym but my thighs seem to be getting bigger but I want them toned and thinner. Any ideas on what I can do? I’ve also been sticking to a low calorie diet. Any help would be much appreciated

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight? Have you measured them or are your pants getting tighter? It could be water retention from exercise. Also sometimes the muscles pop more with weight loss and they can seem larger. If you are losing weight just give it some time.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I assume water retention. Possibly even just your paying more attention so your minds playing tricks. Either way if your in deficit You wont be bulking up huge so keep going dont worry about it.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Have you measured them before and after or is this just a perception? It's unlikely to almost downright impossible that you gained muscle in your thighs in a month. If you have lost fat on your thighs, which is slightly more possible in a month, you may just me seeing definition and muscle tone that causes them to seem bigger when in actuatuality, they may be smaller due to fat loss.
  • amioc
    Options
    I haven’t actually taken any measurements or weighed I was going to wait till next month to weigh and measure. It’s to me they look bigger and my jeans are slightly more snug
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    amioc wrote: »
    I haven’t actually taken any measurements or weighed I was going to wait till next month to weigh and measure. It’s to me they look bigger and my jeans are slightly more snug

It's a good idea to take them before and along the way. If your jeans are tighter, I'd say water weight retention from starting exercise a month ago.
  • amioc
    Options
    I did do measurements and weight before I started my fitness journey but I was planning on doing them again after 2 months of first weight and measurements. Maybe I’ll measure today and see if my measurements have changed