What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Tonight I roasted salmon that I marinated in white miso paste, mirin (the real type - not the corn syrup laden type), sake, grated ginger, and grated garlic. I ate it with a salad and some rice.

I also heated up the marinate, let it cool (while salmon was cooking) and used it as a very tasty salad dressing.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Teriyaki shrimp stir-fry
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Dinner was a bunch of steamed broccoli, and diced potatoes and half a chicken breast blitzed in the air fryer.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Crockpot Mexican chicken: Black Beans, Chicken Chunks, Frozen Corn, Salsa. Cook in crockpot 6-8 hours. Add some grated cheese just before serving. Yummy! I had leftovers of this from the dinner I cooked yesterday.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Beef Rendang (Malaysian variety) with 3 different, partly stir fried vegetables and some mango atchar.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Tilapia, broccoli and black beans!
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Blackened salmon fillet with green beans and an ear of sweet corn
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Doing this tonight. It's too hot to turn on the oven. Aubergine was blackened in the air fryer and pork will be broiled in the air fryer too.
    https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/vietnamese-pork-tenderloin
    https://danangcuisine.com/recipes/recipe-grilled-eggplant-ca-tim-nuong-mo-hanh/
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Continuing summer grill-and-salad season through the Fourth of July:

1. (4th) Grilled london broil with corn and grilled asparagus and (gasp) deli salads for an afterbeach dinner.
    2. (5th) Getting ready for a busy weekend with another Three Salad Prep: Red Cabbage Carolina Slaw, Tomato-Scallion salad and White Bean Dijon salad. Enough for a couple of days with added fresh grilled proteins (chicken, burgers) after beach or whatever activities the weekend brings. Also, the three are sort-of red/white/blue (or at least, purple). Wine is the "Patriots Red" from a local winery here in Central New Jersey (some Revolutionary War battles nearby). Perfect for this weekend.

wt3rw1fcejjx.jpg

wekga4qlzjci.jpg
  • acpgee
    I've got a girlfriend coming for dinner tonight. Chicken liver pate I made yesterday with bourbon spiked marmalade on homemade melba toast to start. Peking duck breasts with the pancakes, sweet sauce, cucumber and green onion. Vietnamese meatball and watercress soup. I am struggling with the creme caramel for dessert. Ever since we replaced the old microwave that died, my hack of creme caramel cooked in the microwave isn't working very well.
  • acpgee
    Homemade chicken liver pate with homemade melba toast, a friend's homemade marmalade from blood oranges spiked with bourbon, another friend's lingonberry preserve spiked with sake. Second course was Vietnamese meatball and watercress soup with microwaved pepper papadums. Third course was Peking duck breast done in the air fryer which did a great job of rendering off fat from under the skin. Desert of creme caramel did not have a great texture. Since we replaced our old microwave I can't seem to get the temperature right for my hack of cooking this in the microwave.
    pqkycg0cgma6.jpeg
    mpg0ual19idr.jpeg
    cbk5hxmgwbti.jpeg
    nrjry3fa6ys5.jpeg

• mjbnj0001
    acpgee wrote: »
    ... Since we replaced our old microwave I can't seem to get the temperature right for my hack of cooking this in the microwave. ...

I read your posting and thought to myself, "microwave prob isn't the right method for a custardy thing, she prob needs something that will induce proper heat, such as a microwave pizza warmer plate ..." - then I did a quick google search on "microwave custard pudding" and found this: https://kirbiecravings.com/microwave-custard-pudding/ which seems as if it might be adaptable to your situation (I hear "creme caramel" and mentally translate that to "custard" and it really isn't, but hey, be experimental, LOL). OTOH, Amazon has a bunch of those pizza warmer plates which may also prove beneficial. Good luck, maybe this advice might be helpful. I'd be interested in any results reported back.

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    You all make such exotic sounding fancy food.
    I fried some cabbage, added some kielbasa. That’s as good as it gets at my house.
  • acpgee
    Creme caramel in my old microwave used to come out perfect. The low setting on the old one used to nuke 10 seconds then rest 30 seconds and friends couldn't believe what a great texture I achieved without cooking au bain marie.
    nxlske7t54l4.jpeg
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Last night's dinner for one. Pan seared tilapia, basmati brown rice, buttered green beans.
    mgak5vja85t0.jpg
    kp6n6in4l0xq.png
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Lunch July 7: Fried Rice
    Out of lettuce but 7 grams of dandelions supply 45% of RDA of Vitamin K.
    I substitute Worcestershire Sauce or Balsamic Vinegar for Soy sauce to reduce sodium.
    x6bpebbud0he.jpg
    ldm8q0wy3ynu.jpg

• acpgee
    Vietnamese garlic noodles with shrimp. Cherry tomatoes with some dehydrated black olive crumb. Olive crumb is a new ingredient for me. A friend who lives part of the year in Spain told me it was having a fashionable moment there. I dehydrated some pitted olives and crumbled it onto some tomatoes. It will be a good substitute for parmesan when I cook for vegans.

hmpyvyxee2zy.jpg

• betsymoomoo
    betsymoomoo Posts: 71 Member
    I bought a sous vide machine yesterday so we had steak, baby potatoes and asparagus. Mmmmm.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Chicken picatta
  • mjbnj0001
    Another summer grill-and-salad dinner. Getting to the end of the salads trio from Friday (see previous posting), so added a new one today as a fridge-cleaning exercise: Asian-inspired cucumber/scallion. Served with grilled BBQ-sauce chicken breast.

Pics:
    1. Asian-inspired cucumber-scallion salad lightly dressed with (a rare for us) commercial dressing (Annies Shitake Sesame)
    2. Service: BBQ chicken, brown rice, Red Cabbage Carolina slaw, Tomato salad and the Cucumber-Scallion salad. MFP says this plate is about 1131 calories, 59g protein, 42g fat, 21g fiber, 73g sugar. I generally prefer less sugar and fat to stay on a lower-glycemic weight-loss trajectory; this puts me at about 2100 calories total intake today, a bit high, as my only exercise was in-house calisthenics rather than cycling and/or swimming. Also note the color change in the slaw from maturing, as the prior posting pic was fresh-made.

3ki1z2q5m9c8.jpg

1z4nwud9bk93.jpg