From 353 to 225 and back again...

TheNewPia
TheNewPia Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! I'm Pia. I'm 30. I started my weight loss journey in 2016 at 353lb and over the course of the next year I got down to 225lb with CICO. That was my lowest adult weight and I felt amazing. Then I plateaued...

I was still exercising but I wasn't in a place where I could handle the stall in the numbers and I soon felt hopeless. I began allowing myself treats that slowly evolved into all day feasts and secret eating. The weight piled on quickly. Over the next year and a half I gained back everything I had lost. And now I'm in the worst place I ever have been regarding my body because I know how much better I felt and how much better I was treated at my lower weight.

I obviously don't like where I am currently but I know that I did this before and I can do it again. So, here I am. My current weight is 342.6lb and I'm hoping to eventually get down to 165lbs for a healthy BMI. This is quite the journey I'm setting out on but I know that it's worth it for myself, especially in regards to my health.

My diary and all are always open and I believe in being completely transparent in that regard.

Anyway, I hope to get to know some of y'all and that we can be here to support each other!

Replies

• TallGent66
    TallGent66 Posts: 84 Member
    Break a leg!
  • sueCque27
    sueCque27 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi Pia! Congrats on getting back on track. I know too well how it gets discouraging but we are all here to support each other. Have a great week..stay positive and focused. You've done it before you can do it again girl! We're here for you!
  • Noah8877
    Noah8877 Posts: 2 Member
    Wish you well in getting to your desired BMI. I'm trying to get to a good BMI also. Its 175 lbs I think for me. I started at 262. Now at 249. I do intermittent fasting (with coffee). I looked up what CICO is. Calorie in, Calorie out. Anyway, good luck, take care
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Good for you for getting back on to it - please be kind to yourself. x
  • TheNewPia
    I'm absolutely being kind to myself; I deserve it. :smile:
  • KIC127
    KIC127 Posts: 20 Member
    You can do this!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

One day at a time. You got this!
  • mitch22098
    mitch22098 Posts: 38 Member
    You can do it! The hardest step is the first one, and you got that in the bag.
  • vonhaunted
    vonhaunted Posts: 1 Member
    I fully relate! Was down to 235 from 300 and now back at 287. Making this the last time.
  • JasonRVA
    JasonRVA Posts: 31 Member
    You can do it!!
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    You can do this
  • stanlfink
    stanlfink Posts: 267 Member
    Hey, you can add me as a friend if you’d like. I used to weigh almost 300 lbs and now I’m down to low 160s. I’ve held my weight off for the last 3 years. So, I feel like I have something I could share that might help and at least be supportive.

Good luck to you !
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Yep! I get this completely. I started at 300, down to 195, and I'm back to 288. I'm trying again, trying to get in the right headspace to do this without the help of the diabetes med I used before that significantly helped. I didn't learn how to maintain or combat my mind! Here I go again!
  • TheNewPia
    Thanks so much everyone! It means a lot to me to hear from you all.