Night Binging

Options
I feel shame and guilt and failure. I did so well the day before yesterday, and last night after another great day I binged. Between 10-11 pm PST are my trigger times.

Does anyone have any tips for that one time a day or seems completely out of your control? Anyone willing to be an accountability buddy?

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I found I did best by planning my bedtime snack and making sure it was something that satisfied me. More often that not, it was a couple of hard cooked eggs and a protein bar. I would go to bed with my snack, a drink (usually seltzer or Crystal light), and my book or Kindle. When the snack was done I would turn out the light and fall asleep.

Knowing I had a meal planned kept me from craving something after dinner and the ritual helped me fall asleep.

ETA: my biggest meal of the day was dinner which I would eat between 6 and 7 so I made sure I wasn't actually hungry at bedtime.
  • recoveringami
    recoveringami Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I found I did best by planning my bedtime snack and making sure it was something that satisfied me. More often that not, it was a couple of hard cooked eggs and a protein bar. I would go to bed with my snack, a drink (usually seltzer or Crystal light), and my book or Kindle. When the snack was done I would turn out the light and fall asleep.

Knowing I had a meal planned kept me from craving something after dinner and the ritual helped me fall asleep.

ETA: my biggest meal of the day was dinner which I would eat between 6 and 7 so I made sure I wasn't actually hungry at bedtime.

Thank you so much. I’m going to plan a late night snack. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this on my own! Much appreciated

• SweetPia33
    SweetPia33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to see how the night bingeing has been for you and if the planned snacks helped. I type this as I sit in front of an empty box of cookies feeling terrible about myself because I can't stop the night eating.
  • nwoutdoorgrl
    nwoutdoorgrl Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I binge at the end of the day and don't have advice but would be happy to give you support and encouragement.
    I do well all day and then blow it with nonstop eating.