Breakfast

Sharing breakfast recipes

Replies

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    I tend to grab some dates or a banana as I train in the mornings :)

Post-workout consists of stuff like porridge, boiled potatoes & tuna, peanut butter sandwiches.
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    I love a morning smoothie! Unsweetened vanilla almond milk, fresh spinach, strawberries, banana, unsweetened cocoa, pb2, and a little honey is my favorite.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    steel cut oats, spices, fruit (usually raspberries). some cocoa nibs.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Nature’s Path Heritage Flakes or Flax Plus Multibran Flakes mixed with 5.3 oz of Oikos Triple Zero or whole milk flavored yogurt, with a bit of artificial sweetener mixed in. With nonfat milk in my coffee. High protein, high fiber, 343-383 calories (depending on which yogurt).
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Breakfast is usually instant oatmeal with fresh fruit or Greek yogurt with fresh fruit or a protein bar.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 527 Member
    edited July 2019
    1 extra large egg, either a Thomas High Fiber English muffin or an Eggo Nutragrain waffle and a side of fruit...watermelon, cantaloupe or red grapefruit. OH, and one "pot" of black blueberry tea which equals 21 oz. LOVE me my morning tea! ;)
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    I make overnight oats with 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, tbsp chia seeds, cinnamon, 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. I make a bunch of those and just heat up for whenever breakfast might be. So delicious!!
  • I’ve been eating avocado egg salad with a dash of mustard and sambal on Dave’s killer bread. So good and filling
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    I have a fridge at work, so I bring in things to store during the week. breakfast lately has been cottage cheese or greek yogurt with some form of fresh fruit (berries or and orange).

another favorite is multigrain oat bread with smashed avocado, with a sprinkle of salt/pepper on top.
  • Nottaway1
    Nottaway1 Posts: 26 Member
    3 eggs/3white, 1/4 cup of steel oats.... every morning
  • ketsuban25
    ketsuban25 Posts: 17 Member
    I have homemade (bread machine) half white/half wheat toast with butter & olive oil spread most mornings. Usually comes to just under 200 calories depending on the thickness of the slice. I also have a cup of coffee with milk and sugar which comes to around 70 calories.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I reject the pigeon holing of food!

There is no breakfast food or lunch food or dinner food. There's just food. Judge not a food by the tradition meal designation but by the content of it's nutrition and calorie value and, the tastiness of it's flavour!

I say throw off the shackles of the oppressive food categorisationists! Eat cereal for dinner and steak for breakfast! Embrace the freedom and say "NO!" to those who try to box in your culinary options!!

Viva La Food Revolution!! =)
  • katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    Grab n go: Hard boiled eggs and an orange; fat free greek yogurt and a banana; chocolate protein shake and a handful of fresh berries; almonds and low fat chocolate milk.
    Quick fix: A microwave scrambled egg, thin sliced sharp cheddar and baby spinach on whole grain sandwich thin with mustard.
    If I have time to cook, it's usually an egg scramble with sauteed spinach or whatever leftover veggies I have in the fridge, half an English muffin toasted with FF cream cheese/greek yogurt spread. Breakfast burritos of leftover fajita steak and peppers in a high fiber tortilla topped with fresh pico.

• bamarshall02
    bamarshall02 Posts: 13 Member
    Coffee, so I can save calories for lunch, dinner, and snack.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Bumping for @Frainy84...
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    My 2 fave breakfasts:

Multigrain toast topped with avocado and eggs over easy with a side of berries

Or

Multigrain toast with a mushroom and cheddar omelette with a side of berries