The Nerd & Geek Thread

Replies

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    I can't help it; I'll have to respond when I get home with a few of these types of memes I have hiding in a folder buried deep on my desktop...... lol

I've never actually played a pen and paper RPG, but have always wanted to; it looks like great fun! My best friend and I have tinkered with various systems over the years, but neither of us have ever actually played before, so its kind of hard to figure out how a game is supposed to be run while at the same time figuring out how to play.

I recently picked up a copy of Basic Fantasy, hoping that perhaps I can figure that one out, and because its old school. Anyone have any experience with that one?

I don't know anything about Basic Fantasy, but do you have the Dungeon Masters Guide?

aoer6th41c19.jpg

I have an old school copy of D&D from 1983. This was before TSR went bankrupt and WotC took it over.

0zd51lx1qwf7.jpg

Though, we have quite a few guides from 3rd, 3.5, 4th and Essentials as well.

Seeing this brings back memories....

I used to have a vast collection of all the books for D&D of that era. Not just basic. But, all of the AD&D 1E, 2E (MASSIVE amounts of books for 2nd...) and 3E. Started playing when I was 7, and continued well into my 30's. Was even a TSRO for a few years when TSR started on AOL, then moved to the web.

But, due to work, family, etc. I wound up getting out of it because my group fell apart and the next closest one just didn't mesh with that well.

Sold my entire collection. But, kept the PDF's from the 2nd Ed. CD rule set a few small dice and a half dozen miniatures. Wound up buying the 2E books again when they came out in the silver covers.

Ahh, some of the best memories were from gaming.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Couple of work related images...

2euwliqz5ta7.png
    y7nkna16ijk2.png
    e82gdcb5i84s.png

This one crosses a couple of different areas for me...
    vafn1rlnfkcd.jpg
  • marialba67
    marialba67 Posts: 79 Member
    btinufes7jko.png
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    2yfcnny4lgbb.gif
  • marialba67
    marialba67 Posts: 79 Member
    So a couple years ago my neighbor told me grass and plants shoot up and basically explode the day after an electrical storm. My brain, of course went there, and a friend made me this -

qm14y5mxuvmo.jpg

Lately, Thor has been gardening a lot here in Chicago and up until yesterday this did not reach the hummingbird feeder:

dxxabud6xjhn.png

He needs to stop.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    renfair starts this weekend. some people are excited for the fourth. i'm excited for opening weekend!

renfair just ended in my area. I always have fun at those things! Its nice to find a valid excuse to make period costumes to actually wear :)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Please remember!
    1. All content must be Safe For Work and follow the MFP Community Guidelines.

gxw6a1964j1o.gif
  • cee134
    c4u73badkmyk.jpg
  • cee134
    p59gfeqjzkwn.png
  • cee134
    j4xvghyray2h.jpg
  • cee134
    cdy3nrssizit.jpg
  • bmeadows380
    cee134 wrote: »
    This is a D&D joke:

cmxfo7jaf1wn.jpg

*giggles*

I want to be a social justice bard!
  • bmeadows380
    well, I suppose if we set it on a cliff and it got knocked off on the head of a troll it would be worth the sacrifrice - if it managed to take the troll down in the process :)

I
  • owfqbzshryou.jpg
    No school like the old school!
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Anyone checking out the new AMD chip video from Linus Tech Tips?

https://youtu.be/z3aEv3EzMyQ
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    I wasn't gonna post but I rolled a four.