Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Get this down...AND
    57853204_313511472656455_351575817125284321_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com

BOOM!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Hi Friends,
    I'm settling into my new apartment. I am keeping it clean because I live alone now. All my workload is so much lighter, but I still treasure all the days I spent with my kids running around and cleaning and playing with them. They're all grown and son is interning somewhere else, so my daughter comes by to hang out once in awhile. Anyway, Even now, I have a closet that really needs decluttering. The rest of my place is organized. It was hard to condense 24 years of belonging into the closets and apartment I am now in. I'll make progress. I also have to let things go even if they're perfectly good items. I think I'll go online to see where I can donate all my rubber stamps and ink I just won't every use.

I'm catching up the on the thread. I haven't been on in a month. Congrats to @NewLIFEstyle4ME - you are amazing!!! An inspiration! I want to be a size 6 but I have been a size 10 for three years now. (down from size 14). I think I need to change things up a little.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited July 2019
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Hi Friends,
    I'm settling into my new apartment. I am keeping it clean because I live alone now. All my workload is so much lighter, but I still treasure all the days I spent with my kids running around and cleaning and playing with them. They're all grown and son is interning somewhere else, so my daughter comes by to hang out once in awhile. Anyway, Even now, I have a closet that really needs decluttering. The rest of my place is organized. It was hard to condense 24 years of belonging into the closets and apartment I am now in. I'll make progress. I also have to let things go even if they're perfectly good items. I think I'll go online to see where I can donate all my rubber stamps and ink I just won't every use.

I'm catching up the on the thread. I haven't been on in a month. Congrats to @NewLIFEstyle4ME - you are amazing!!! An inspiration! I want to be a size 6 but I have been a size 10 for three years now. (down from size 14). I think I need to change things up a little.

Ruby Red...I think about you often and I want you to know that I admire you so much. Your "way" is so very, ummmm...elegant and humble and so very gracious. I just love you and please know that the new "road" that you are traveling is going to bring you such good things! Becoming "single" and living on your own after 24 years is definitely going to be an "adventure" for you, but I just know with all of my heart that things are going to bring you such peace and joy and LOVE too. {{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}} You are a super strong and amazing woman and again, I admire/respect/appreciate you so much, you strong and courageous winner you!

Your new pic looks fabulous honey and I applaud you for choosing NEW LIFE...WOW, not many people have the heart to make a new start, you're my shero, period. Thanks so much for posting and PLEASE, when you can post more often we/I love and miss(ed) you.

b2c10bdfa10e8e0279e6a795b359d362.jpg

giphy.gif

k-likes-comments-official-chibird-jacqueline-chibirdart-on-instagram-Ed6ca342359c2661de780a632c990e8ce.jpg?t=5cefda1fa06ae

tumblr_p6le8c8PsS1qc4uvwo1_r1_500.png

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Thanks for your beautiful, inspiring words. You are my inspiration. I am very proud of you too! Your thread is a life saver to me and many others. I had my 24th wedding anniversary yesterday and it felt like pressure building all day long. I wanted to explode or panic. But I watched a very inspiring movie (French film with subtitles) called The Intouchables. Sometimes it is meaningful to lose yourself in a film, and remind yourself your life is perfect the way it is! I am living proof that the quote "It takes 30 seconds of incredible courage to change you life" is very true.

Now, I need to focus on ME. Sweep guilt under the rug, leave some positive mantras on sticky notes around the apartment and meditate more. I am approaching 50th birthday in a week, and that seems like more pressure on me. I don't know why. Because I am blessed to be 50 and to be healthy and have a healthy family. Blessings abound.

Next week, I will continue to tackle the clutter in my closet. I will get my new table delivered and won't be eating off a little bench on the floor. But even those little things make life charming. Eating like a child on the living room floor will make a good memory. I am off topic by rambling about my life changes but thanks for listening and being a friend to me and many. I love you!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited July 2019
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Thanks for your beautiful, inspiring words. You are my inspiration. I am very proud of you too! Your thread is a life saver to me and many others. I had my 24th wedding anniversary yesterday and it felt like pressure building all day long. I wanted to explode or panic. But I watched a very inspiring movie (French film with subtitles) called The Intouchables. Sometimes it is meaningful to lose yourself in a film, and remind yourself your life is perfect the way it is! I am living proof that the quote "It takes 30 seconds of incredible courage to change you life" is very true.

Now, I need to focus on ME. Sweep guilt under the rug, leave some positive mantras on sticky notes around the apartment and meditate more. I am approaching 50th birthday in a week, and that seems like more pressure on me. I don't know why. Because I am blessed to be 50 and to be healthy and have a healthy family. Blessings abound.

Next week, I will continue to tackle the clutter in my closet. I will get my new table delivered and won't be eating off a little bench on the floor. But even those little things make life charming. Eating like a child on the living room floor will make a good memory. I am off topic by rambling about my life changes but thanks for listening and being a friend to me and many. I love you!!

Wow...Thank you Red for this--you're words have brought joy and POWER into my heart and mind! I so know that "explode and panic" feeling/spirit...for you to have choked/strangled it and then kick it in the head and stomp on it's neck, by giving yourself over to an inspirational movie instead of "nursing, petting and embracing" those god-awful feelings/emotions of dread is more wonderful than can be expressed by words. I use "violent and contemptuous" words/thoughts for those "REAL feelings/spirits" because they are sheer unadulterated toxic yuck that have the uncanning ability to pull you into it's YUCK and cause all kinds of UGH and woe is me. YAY YOU, winner. Also, I LOVE silent movies and foreign subtitle movies and haven't heard of this one and am looking forward to checking it out.

See...it's stuff like:
    " Sometimes it is meaningful to lose yourself in a film, and remind yourself your life is perfect the way it is! I am living proof that the quote "It takes 30 seconds of incredible courage to change you life" is very true."
    AND
    "Next week, I will continue to tackle the clutter in my closet. I will get my new table delivered and won't be eating off a little bench on the floor. But even those little things make life charming. Eating like a child on the living room floor will make a good memory."
    That MAKES me admire you so much--once more YAY YOU, cause that kinda thinking and doing makes for a more POWERFUL and WISER you. I LOVE power and wisdom so much. I love that you're not "ignoring" these real and d@amable" feelings/emotions/spirits and let me add memories--we can tend to put TOO MUCH power/feelings in memories and a LOT of times the memories are LIES or ummmm, FANTASIES and it's so important to have memories but NOT TO ALLOW memories to HAVE YOU. Your acknowledging them (the dread/woe/TEMPTATION to fret/worry/fear/be anxious or the SAD and then kicking their BUTT and making them say "uncle" and leave you alone (at least for now and when (not if) but when they come back, kick them to the curb with REALITY and TRUTH some more and little by little the pain/confusion/fear/UGH will completely hit the road never to return, but it will take time of course. Your turning the big 5.0 is going to bring some of the BEST times of your life, I just know it.

There is a place for sadness, but a lot of times sadness is the ultimate ENEMY and best friend of fear, woe, and a lot of other YUCK. After ALL these years of being on this earth, I am just recently learning that sadness is NOT my friend, it's an ENEMY to me now and how I have grown so much stronger by no longer "embracing sadness" the same with offense and worry/fretting--these are enemies of mine that God Himself is teaching to to not only reject, but to actually HATE and when (not if, but when) they (sadness/fear/worry, etc.) tries their d$mnest to INFLUENCE and OVER-TAKE ME to reject them immediately by putting on thankfulness, gratefulness and power of LOVE of TRUTH!

Here's to your upcoming birthday and CHEERS and HIP HIP HURRAY for you. I'm not a believer in age doesn't matter-I believe age DOES matter, but I'm older than 50 and I don't feel a day over, ummmmm, 20-25 for real--I "feel" so much younger than being a senior citizen, but at the same time, I EMBRACE being an older women--I LOVE being an older woman so much. I LOVE how you see reaching 50 is a HUGE blessing and just your overall attitude is so, ummmmm, perfect ( perfect to me means MATURE). How adorable about your eating on the floor and remembering when you were young, that's adorable and I like the way you think. How FUN it's going to be for you to do whatever you jolly well feel like doing/being/living and no longer have to feel like a "bump on the log", going along to get along, just existing instead of really living or invisible or whatever the REAL issue was before you so wisely left/got your own place. Girlfriend, you're getting ready to live like you haven't been able to in 24 years--I just know it. Lastly, always remember, loneliness is OVER-RATED, many people have relationships and around a multitude of peoples all the time and are lonely as "hell" literally. Lonliness is a time of growth, maturity, activity and time to think about and give yourself over to learning a lot of new things. Again, loneliness is something hollywood and the "world" tries it's d@mnest to get you/us to try to avoid, but the truth is some of the greatest things in/on this earth were discovered and created by someone being lonely and instead of them drowning in loneliness, they took that time to do something wonderful.
    standing-alone.jpg

loneliness-quotes-learn-to-be-alone.jpg

As you said, this is time for YOU, getting to know and experience YOU like never before--I'm here for you if you ever need anything, okay beloved! {{{ Hugs}}}
    take-care-of-yourself-you-only-have-one-you-chibird-com-34139561.png

62170801_136519980878961_898336171706620587_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com&se=7&ig_cache_key=MjA3NzkyNjcwNjUzODM1NTA3NA%3D%3D.2

P.S. EVERYTHING I'm writing to you...I'm talking to/about myself as well--just FYI my friend!
    o:)<3o:)
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    @RubyRed427
    Welcome back Ruby and happy to hear that you are doing well and implementing big and needed changes into your life. I wish you the best. Stay strong!
    Hugs. G
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Nice to see familiar faces pop in! So happy you are both doing so well! I'm getting ready to go babysit the grandkids for 2 weeks, so I'll be here when I can.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    tlsvas wrote: »
    Such wonderful posts here. I appreciate reading so many of them.

My Story
    A year ago I was bedridden awaiting back surgery of two fusions. I was a whopping 325 pounds although by my surgery date I was probably below that due to being diagnosed with diabetes and starting to eat healthy. Yep, I was a total mess and completely out of control with my eating habits. After surgery which was successful, I was unable to walk due to be bedridden for several months. I then went into a rehab facility for over a month and gained the strength to walk again. This is where my journey back to good health really began.

Fast forward to today, a year later. Once I began my journey to renewed health there was no stopping me. I have lost 115 pounds, reversed my diabetes and no longer take medication for it. My A1C dropped from 11.5 to 5.2. In getting physically healthy, emotionally I did the same. I walked away from toxic family members who consistently disrespected and devalued me. It was actually much easier than I thought it would be but in doing so it taught me a very valuable lesson. There are takers and there are givers and if you allow it, the takers will suck the life out of you. I have absolutely no regrets in walking away and for once I feel free - free from their emotional abuse, free from the fat that weighed me down and most of all free from wondering and worrying about what other people thought of me. I’ve learned to love me and put me first. Is that selfish, no, it’s called taking care of and loving oneself.

W <3 W What a tremendous post and contribution to this thread!!! After reading your post, I felt/feel like I just was enveloped in a beautiful and powerful atmosphere. What a HUGE breath of fresh air--your post is going to help and inspire so many people, including me. Thank you ever so VERY much for posting this...you ROCK, period.

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I was decluttering my (rented) house in preparation for moving into my (purchased-as-in-its-mine) house. We'd decluttered the shed and the garden (good weather). Last Thursday we got the keys to the new place and found that the previous owner had left a load of his unwanted stuff there and the garden looks like it hasn't been tended in years. We knew that the garden was a mess but the house was a shock, being as the previous owner had signed a legally-binding document stating that the whole property (including the garden) would be left clean and tidy.

So I'm now decluttering the new house as well as the rented house. At least with the new house decluttering is easier as everything is being thrown out. None of it can be recycled/passed to a charity shop as it really is just old junk.

Not what I'd expected and I almost cried last Thursday when we opened our front door. A week in though, some paint on the walls and I can see the potential I saw in the place when we first viewed it. I'm a lot happier now than seven days ago! It's going to be a fabulous home for us.

Once the pest exterminator has dealt with the mice in the loft (nice house warming present) and we've finished renovating it...

{{{ Hugs }}}} I'm so happy you've got a new home and so sorry that it's wasn't totally fabulous and loaded with bummer stuff, but I LOVE your attitude about and I'm cheering you and your beloved on in getting everything done. {{{{ Hugs again }}}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Nice to see familiar faces pop in! So happy you are both doing so well! I'm getting ready to go babysit the grandkids for 2 weeks, so I'll be here when I can.

Have fun with the Grands Snoo...I'll miss you big time! Once more, may these next two weeks bring you nothing but good times, laughter, love and again FUN!
  • snoo61

Have fun with the Grands Snoo...I'll miss you big time! Once more, may these next two weeks bring you nothing but good times, laughter, love and again FUN!

Thanks, my friend. I'm supposed to be there already. Last night (10:15pm) I got a text that my flight was going to be delayed an hour this morning. I'd have missed my connection, so I'm flying out early tomorrow. I'm so excited to get there!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited July 2019

Thanks, my friend. I'm supposed to be there already. Last night (10:15pm) I got a text that my flight was going to be delayed an hour this morning. I'd have missed my connection, so I'm flying out early tomorrow. I'm so excited to get there!

Excited for you sistergirl--may this time in your life bring you nothing but love, joy and FUN!
    {{{ <3 waving "Bon voyage" and HUGS <3 }}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    :triumph: Vanity ALERT: :warning:

I LOVE the way I look here--Yes, Yay, WOW and of course, BOOM!

5b9lm7ryhgdt.jpg
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Congrats!!!! <3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Congrats!!!! <3

Love me some you G...{{{{ <3 Hugs and Much Obliged <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}
  • snoo61
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME 76lbs is phenomenal! You look that and more! Congrats my friend!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!