Finally!!

I have hit 10 lbs GONE- NEVER TO RETURN!!:smile::happy:

I joined in October, lost a few pounds, gained a few, lost a few, gained a few... definitely yo-yo'd as we call it, and I KNOW it was all my fault. I would be good a few days, and then hey lets get pizza and have 4 slices- diet blown to the wind. It would take another few days of not really paying attention to what I was eating to feel like crap about myself again. More moments standing in front of the mirror, wanting to pull my hair out and spending endless days in my sweats.

Well, I am proud to say that I have stuck with my new plan to take baby steps with eating healthy and adding more exercise, and now I can kiss those 10 lbs good-bye!!! I am halfway to my first mini goal and I couldn't be more :happy:

Things I have learned over the past few weeks-

-Drink drink drink your water
-Plan your day in your food diary either the night before or the morning of. This allows you to be accountable for what you are eating and will allow you to make better food choices
-Eat 6 times a day- my day, breakfast, snack #1, lunch, snack #2, dinner, DESSERT!! I end everyday with something yummy and delicious
-make exercise a priority and make it something fun. change up the routine so you dont get bored. I do go to the gym but I've also taken all my fitness and shape magazine articles and made my own workout- I love it and it blasts 400 calories in 35 minutes.... and boy am I sweating!

There are many more things I've learned, and most of it isn't rocket science! What makes it better, is that we do it! This isn't just about how we look but it's also our health and our futures that we are trying to change. I thank everyone of you for your wonderful posts and words of wisdom. Having this community has made so many people successful in their journeys, and offered so much support to all of us that need it.

So to that, I say bring on the challenges, bring on the strength, and lets lose those pounds people!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Hope all of you have a great day!!! :happy:

Replies

• MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    I have hit 10 lbs GONE- NEVER TO RETURN!!:smile::happy:

I joined in October, lost a few pounds, gained a few, lost a few, gained a few... definitely yo-yo'd as we call it, and I KNOW it was all my fault. I would be good a few days, and then hey lets get pizza and have 4 slices- diet blown to the wind. It would take another few days of not really paying attention to what I was eating to feel like crap about myself again. More moments standing in front of the mirror, wanting to pull my hair out and spending endless days in my sweats.

Well, I am proud to say that I have stuck with my new plan to take baby steps with eating healthy and adding more exercise, and now I can kiss those 10 lbs good-bye!!! I am halfway to my first mini goal and I couldn't be more :happy:

Things I have learned over the past few weeks-

-Drink drink drink your water
    -Plan your day in your food diary either the night before or the morning of. This allows you to be accountable for what you are eating and will allow you to make better food choices
    -Eat 6 times a day- my day, breakfast, snack #1, lunch, snack #2, dinner, DESSERT!! I end everyday with something yummy and delicious
    -make exercise a priority and make it something fun. change up the routine so you dont get bored. I do go to the gym but I've also taken all my fitness and shape magazine articles and made my own workout- I love it and it blasts 400 calories in 35 minutes.... and boy am I sweating!

There are many more things I've learned, and most of it isn't rocket science! What makes it better, is that we do it! This isn't just about how we look but it's also our health and our futures that we are trying to change. I thank everyone of you for your wonderful posts and words of wisdom. Having this community has made so many people successful in their journeys, and offered so much support to all of us that need it.

So to that, I say bring on the challenges, bring on the strength, and lets lose those pounds people!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Hope all of you have a great day!!! :happy:
  • YAY for you! :flowerforyou:
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Good for you. Great tips
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    you are awesome, great job! :flowerforyou:
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Thanks guys, the few of you that responded, I really appreciate it. It may not be 100 lbs or anything, but we all need encouragement once and a while. Guess what (I lost another pound!!) It works I tell you!!:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    congrats, that is awesome, keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!