Bodybuilding program

I'm looking for a bodybuilding program under $100 that is really good. Anyone know of one?

Replies

• Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    I started with the 5 x5 app which is free.....you should check it out
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    g2regels wrote: »
    I'm looking for a bodybuilding program under $100 that is really good. Anyone know of one?

There's plenty of free information online and free programs that are proven and work; I don't see a need to pay for programs especially if you are just beginning.

Are you a beginner or do you have experience weight training?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    https://www.fitnessblender.com/plans/fb-mass-4-week-workout-program-to-build-mass-and-increase-strength

They're workouts are free, but if you want them presented in an organized manner, they're $10-20 and they are amazing!
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    i like jay
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited July 2019
    Rammer123 wrote: »
    g2regels wrote: »

There's plenty of free information online and free programs that are proven and work; I don't see a need to pay for programs especially if you are just beginning.

Are you a beginner or do you have experience weight training?

I would agree with this statement, especially if we are talking strength training. Regardless anybody can get results as a beginner on just about any program simply because they are novel to training.

I would not recommend 5x5 in most cases and certainly not for hypertrophy since 5x5 at best is a strength template. 5x5 can produce results, but compared to other programs it is extremely basic.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    That's not bodybuilding. That's a strength program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    A bodybuilding program focuses more on muscle hypertrophy. In for that to happen you need progressive overload along with enough volume to ensure muscle gets taxed to force it to grow, ALONG with an eating program that encourages hypertrophy to happen. That's going to mean a SURPLUS of calories. The amount of calorie surplus will also help to dictate the progression of hypertrophy. Most people who have bulked and cut know that as your weight goes up, you'll usually also get stronger at the same time. And vice versa to an extent. I've found that a mixture of sets and reps worked best for me. So many times I do 4-5 sets and reps starting at 15 then 12 then 10, 8 6 progressively adding weight to each set. So the highest amount of weight I can handle ends on 6 reps. With the exception of leg sometimes starting at 20 reps and going down to just 10 reps in 5 sets of a leg exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png